Were a Centrist 3rd party to form, would you support it?

Were a Centrist 3rd party to form, would you support it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious.

This could be an interesting discussion.

People would probably be interested in defining "Centrist".

Also, you might want to count in the personality factor. Were a really well known American to decide to take an independent run for the White House, would you support that person?

A centrist is a person who lacks conviction, knowledge or a moral compass.....a fence-sitter. So, no, I would not vote for anyone who does not understand political philosophy.

There really is no such thing as a centrist, but there are many people who fall somewhere between the far left and far right. There are also many who may be more conservative on fiscal issues but liberal on social issues. Where do we put all these people? Just making a "Centrist" party does not solve anything. On top of that, having a legitimate third party would do nothing good for politics in America because our system really is set up to work best with a two party system.

then the system needs to be changed because those 2 parties have failed the country and have done nothing but put a nice big chasm in between us....of course they havent failed the farther left and right,this is what they want...division....

:eusa_clap: Readily agreed. People keep squabbling that my red or blue puppet can beat up your blue or red puppet, none of them ever looking up to see who's pulling both puppet's strings.

And for those pulling the strings, that's exactly what they want -- squabbling. That keeps your eyes off what they're doing. Not unlike a pickpocket.

The point is that we as the electorate have the ability to vote these people out if they do not truly represent us. It really is that simple.

But they don't, which as equally problematical and the concern of corporatism. I have feebly made this point numerous times here. After two elections of the disgrace of Obama, still the populace endorses more of the same. A nation in decline.....
No. The nation could have opted to elect someone else. That you disagree with it doing so doesn't mean the nation is in decline.

Frankly, from my perspective, I see a lot of work to be done to make the US better. But, I work towards those goals. And I don't gripe when guys I'm diametrically opposed to win office. I just work to unseat them, or elect the next candidate if they're a President and term limited.

What do you mean, no? Yes, the nation could have elected someone else, but they did not. That is what I said.

Just curious.

Also, you might want to count in the personality factor. Were a really well known American to decide to take an independent run for the White House, would you support that person?

A centrist is a person who lacks conviction, knowledge or a moral compass.....a fence-sitter. So, no, I would not vote for anyone who does not understand political philosophy.

There really is no such thing as a centrist, but there are many people who fall somewhere between the far left and far right. There are also many who may be more conservative on fiscal issues but liberal on social issues. Where do we put all these people? Just making a "Centrist" party does not solve anything. On top of that, having a legitimate third party would do nothing good for politics in America because our system really is set up to work best with a two party system.

then the system needs to be changed because those 2 parties have failed the country and have done nothing but put a nice big chasm in between us....of course they havent failed the farther left and right,this is what they want...division....

:eusa_clap: Readily agreed. People keep squabbling that my red or blue puppet can beat up your blue or red puppet, none of them ever looking up to see who's pulling both puppet's strings.

And for those pulling the strings, that's exactly what they want -- squabbling. That keeps your eyes off what they're doing. Not unlike a pickpocket.

The point is that we as the electorate have the ability to vote these people out if they do not truly represent us. It really is that simple.

But they don't, which as equally problematical and the concern of corporatism. I have feebly made this point numerous times here. After two elections of the disgrace of Obama, still the populace endorses more of the same. A nation in decline.....
No. The nation could have opted to elect someone else. That you disagree with it doing so doesn't mean the nation is in decline.

Frankly, from my perspective, I see a lot of work to be done to make the US better. But, I work towards those goals. And I don't gripe when guys I'm diametrically opposed to win office. I just work to unseat them, or elect the next candidate if they're a President and term limited.

What do you mean, no? Yes, the nation could have elected someone else, but they did not. That is what I said.
No, as in I don't see democratic elections as a problem, in and of themselves. You, obviously, do.

Just curious.

Nope. I am Independent.

Any third party has to jump through hoops at the state level. States don't run their game the same way.

U. S. Electoral College Who Are the Electors How Do They Vote

I'm not seeing too many on the right able to move to the middle. In fact, I see entirely too many on the alleged left that are technically right of center. So, over the past 25 years or so, the center has shifted right. It's become an elitist target with the level of propaganda that is supposed to be pushing people in that direction.

'

I look at platforms and I'm disgusted. This is what I want to see: Tell me what you want to accomplish. Tell me how you are going to do it. Tell me what your obstacles and limitations are. Tell me how you can work through those obstacles or handle those limitations. Tell me what you can't accomplish. I'm not joining a damn thing until these folks get a clue.

I am a blue collar liberal. Don't tell me about you grand ideas and ideologies. Tell me what your policies are going to be. And where those policies have been put into effect, what the benefits were, and who benefited from the policies.

I do not trust those who have all the answers and pretend their policies will fix all problem.

Yep. AND where those policies failed.

One of the things that ticks me off, at the state and local levels, is that these parties move forward promoting policies without even thinking through or comparisons to other states and areas that have utilized those policies that have failed. To an extent it's because much of the media focuses on national issues (providing that they don't interfere with their own money) and in part due to the people who desire theater rather than how a policy works.
This is not really true. States watch what other states do. State legislatures are very aware of the success or failures, generally, of policies. The problem comes in when some legislators, particularly on the right, ignore the results, because their ideology blinds them to reality.

Forum List

Back