*Wendys*

I don't know... I have through the years ordered just plain burgers for my kids... and if they didn't finish them or didn't eat them at all... I couldn't because the meat seemed like fake meat and I make it a point to remind everyone in my family that there are other menu options than hamburgers at all those places. I LOVE a good quality hamburger, but the fact remains that very few places, even restaurants have good quality meats. Even steaks seem to have gone down hill... If it isn't hibachi it isn't good, I suppose. Obviously, I do everyone a favor by preferring to cook at home. No one wants to go eat with someone complaining about the limited menu options and horrid pricing of fake food.

My Wendy's story...just what does "plain" mean.

My wife sends me to Wendy's at 9pm. She always waits until I change into grubbies before she sends me someplace, I think she does it on purpose. She wants a plain cheeseburger, so that is what I tell the person on the other end of the drive through. I get to the window, pay, and then check to make sure it is plain. It has mustard and ketchup on it. I tell the guy I needed it plain, and he replies "it is plain". I show him the mustard and ketchup and tell him it is not plain. He then tells me plain means with ketchup and mustard, but w/o tomatoes, lettuce, or onion. Long story short, the manager remade the burger. So now you know what Wendy's considers "plain".

Drive thrus are usually challenging for everyone... :dunno: :D

I could have accepted it if he just didn't hear me right, but that wasn't the case. He did hear me when I said "plain". "Plain" to Wendy's and this drive thru guy is with ketchup and mustard.

99 out of 100 restraunts consider plain as with nothing. Wendy's being the sole 1 that doesn't.

Wendy's gets employees that McDonald's rejects.
It's kind of a running joke in my family, but I have NEVER gotten my order 100% correct at Wendy's. Often it's only the wrong size fries or drink, but being shorted a burger or getting a couple extra is almost as common.

If you want a burger make your own.

It's cheaper and tastes better.

Pound for pound, a McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with cheese costs more than a Toyota Camry! - Facts - Jun 4, 2011 - OMG Facts

A 2011 Camry is listed at a price of $20,195 and weighs 3,483 pounds, giving it a price of $5.80/lb. A Quarter Pounder with cheese from McDonald’s, on the other hand, weighs about 7 oz with all its other ingredients before the meat is cooked (yes, the patty actually weighs less than a 1/4 pound after being cooked). At a listed price of $4.99, this burger is actually worth $11.40 per pound!
next time I go to munch on a camry i'll remember that.

When I want a greasy meat burger I drive the 450 miles down to LA and get a Tommy's double cheese burger with chili! YUM!

OMGorsh... I thought it strange my hubby drive 30 miles to get a dog meat tasting chilidog. :dunno:

Pound for pound, a McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with cheese costs more than a Toyota Camry! - Facts - Jun 4, 2011 - OMG Facts

A 2011 Camry is listed at a price of $20,195 and weighs 3,483 pounds, giving it a price of $5.80/lb. A Quarter Pounder with cheese from McDonald’s, on the other hand, weighs about 7 oz with all its other ingredients before the meat is cooked (yes, the patty actually weighs less than a 1/4 pound after being cooked). At a listed price of $4.99, this burger is actually worth $11.40 per pound!

You could make yourself a tenderloin burger at home for less.

Or you could try my favorite

8oz Sirloin
8oz Chuck
8oz Lamb shoulder

Cube them all and grind them on a coarse setting
season and grill to a perfect medium rare.

Still cheaper than a quarter pounder from Mac Dungswill"s

You could make yourself a tenderloin burger at home for less.

Or you could try my favorite

8oz Sirloin
8oz Chuck
8oz Lamb shoulder

Cube them all and grind them on a coarse setting
season and grill to a perfect medium rare.

Still cheaper than a quarter pounder from Mac Dungswill"s
sounds great I'll have to try it!
if you really want a mystery substance burger, there's no place better then a local (place name here) burger joint that smells and looks like it hasn't been cleaned or updated in 30 years!

Wendy's is #2 to McDonalds? Based on what? :)

I saw it on the news this morning too.
Wendy's became number 2, under McDonald's.....as far as food food......they said Wendy's sales beat out Burger King's, which WAS in second, under Mickey D's.
The news also stated that Mickey D's was WAY out in the lead for first place, tho I have no clue why...they are the worst as far as fast food...burgers or no.
I like the smell of the burgers when I go by a Burger King ~LoL~
But I'm not much into fast food......I too prefer home cooked~

I travel on the road a lot, so I kinda know my way around fast food. I wish I could get BK burgers with Wendy's fries. However, if I have the time to do it, I'll tear up a Five Guys Burgers and Fries like nobody's business.

I travel on the road a lot, so I kinda know my way around fast food. I wish I could get BK burgers with Wendy's fries. However, if I have the time to do it, I'll tear up a Five Guys Burgers and Fries like nobody's business.

I have a Five Guys near me, but I have never tried them!
I hear they are expensive (??)....but good eating :)

Five Guys is excellent for that grease need. the best !!!

And oranges cost more than apples. :D

And oranges cost more than apples. :D
not if you have your own tree

They are good eating, but if you ate there for a week straight, you'd die of a heart attack.

When I want a greasy meat burger I drive the 450 miles down to LA and get a Tommy's double cheese burger with chili! YUM!

Ever hear Jimmy Buffet's song "Cheeseburger in Paradise"? The burger in question is from Pirates Cove about 10 miles SW of here. Great burger at a really cool place on the water.

Forum List

Back