Welp, Obama tried to get control of twitter again and it's already backfiring, AGAIN

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone nostalgic for the Obama campaign’s “Attack Watch” project will be heartened to know that the federal government plans to spend $1 million to create a “Truthy” database that will track “false and misleading ideas” on social media. The Washington Free Beacon reports:

The National Science Foundation is financing the creation of a web service that will monitor “suspicious memes” and what it considers “false and misleading ideas,” with a major focus on political activity online.

The “Truthy” database, created by researchers at Indiana University, is designed to “detect political smears, astroturfing, misinformation, and other social pollution.”

The university has received $919,917 so far for the project.

“Truthy” claims to be non-partisan. However, the project’s lead investigator Filippo Menczer proclaims his support for numerous progressive advocacy groups, including President Barack Obama’s Organizing for Action, Moveon.org, Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, Amnesty International, and True Majority.

Conservatives kick-start government 8217 s 1 million Truthy 8216 misinformation 8217 database Twitchy

Feds Creating Database to Track Hate Speech on TwitterWashington Free Beacon Washington Free Beacon

Another attempt to intimidate conservatives on twitter and conservatves on twitter are, AGAIN, sending the message they don't intimidate, easily.

Twitter Search - truthy

Like #attackwatch, Obama doesn't like the fact that people on twitter are taking his name in vain.

That darn freedom of speech! You conservatives keep on "abusing" that freedom.

It reminds me of a line from the Clash's "Know your Rights."

"You have the right to free speech. Just so long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it!"

Pretty hilarious! I mean we can't have lies on twitter!

Like if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Your premiums will go down by $2,500.

Shovel Ready jobs?

A video caused Benghazi.

The IRS emails were destroyed.

Hey! There are lots of lies out there!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bv-qO-TIUAA14YL.jpg

Poor persecuted soul...Its a good thing you let the reader decide instead of crying really loud in the OP about being a victim

Poor persecuted soul...Its a good thing you let the reader decide instead of crying really loud in the OP about being a victim

Oh please! If Bush had done ANYTHING like this, libs would have been screaming oppression. In fact, libs were always screaming Bush was oppressing their rights, but they never could produce any evidence of it.

But here we go. Another "study" on how to get people to stop criticizing Obama. Darn that freedom of speech.

And I don't feel persecuted. I'm laughing. So are conservatives on #truthy. Just go there and see. Conservatives are shutting that BS down, just like they did #attack watch. Twitter Search - truthy

Read it and then see who's whining!

Hey, Dopey-- know he difference between thoughtful criticism and blatant lies and attacks based on false and misinformation?

Do you?

There's a great scene in Game Change in which Palin's compulsive lying and evading of the truth is revealed.

Sarah Palin: And why haven't you released a statement saying that Todd was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party?

Steve Schmidt: Because that would be untrue! He WAS a member.

Sarah Palin: He checked the WRONG BOX! He registered BY ACCIDENT and rectified the error immediately!

Steve Schmidt: He was a member for SEVEN YEARS! I'm sorry, Governor, but there is only a few weeks left in this campaign and you have got to stop saying things to the press that are blatantly untrue; that is NOT the kind of campaign that we are running here!

Liberals never lie? "I did not have sex with that woman."

This is an obvious ploy to squelch ideas that the left doesn't like. It's unbelievable that you would support this.

I must have missed the part where Obama is shutting down Twitter. Unless.....gasp! The op is either lying or fails to understand her own op. Nah that could never happen.

Hey, Dopey-- know he difference between thoughtful criticism and blatant lies and attacks based on false and misinformation?

Do you?

There's a great scene in Game Change in which Palin's compulsive lying and evading of the truth is revealed.

Sarah Palin: And why haven't you released a statement saying that Todd was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party?

Steve Schmidt: Because that would be untrue! He WAS a member.

Sarah Palin: He checked the WRONG BOX! He registered BY ACCIDENT and rectified the error immediately!

Steve Schmidt: He was a member for SEVEN YEARS! I'm sorry, Governor, but there is only a few weeks left in this campaign and you have got to stop saying things to the press that are blatantly untrue; that is NOT the kind of campaign that we are running here!

Wow! THAT is some kind of scandal? Really? That's hilarious! We are talking about a president who lies repeatedly and all you are concerned about is a VP from SIX YEARS AGO, WHO LOST and whether her husband belongs to some party????

That's like me going on about John Edwards. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You aren't bothered about the way OBAMA LIED about Benghazi? Or how you could keep your healthplan, your doctor, or that your premiums would go down by $2,500?

You aren't bothered about lies about IRS emails? I mean how many pinnochios has even the liberal press given Obama and that doesn't bother you?

No, apparently it's the FREEDOM OF SPEECH against Obama that puts your panties in a twist!

That's hilarious.

Pssst! I got news for you. This might just twist your head on backwards but even WHAT YOU THINK ARE BLATANT LIES ARE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, TOO!

Our Constitution provides that you answer back and provide facts against lies, not squelch them. That's not talking "truth to power" that's fascist censorship.

As IF, Bush had been behind something like this, you libs wouldn't have had a fit?

Nice show your hypocrisy!

Liberals never lie? "I did not have sex with that woman."

This is an obvious ploy to squelch ideas that the left doesn't like. It's unbelievable that you would support this.

What it is, is another attempt like the failed #attackwatch to stop anyone telling the truth about Obama or his radical agenda.

Liberals are like this. They never change. Something fails, they think it's who "implemented it" who must have been wrong. Have someone else do it, and somehow this time it will work.

So, they are trotting out attack watch again, only calling it #truthy.

That's why liberals think communism can still work, it's just they need the "right leader." They are incapable of learning from their mistakes.

Big Brother desperately wants more control of the Internet. And he'll likely do or say anything to achieve that. And if you don't like it, who cares? You're probably a Terrorist anyway. ;)

They have been trying for years to get control of conservatives on the internet. This is another attempt to get control of twitter.

I must have missed the part where Obama is shutting down Twitter. Unless.....gasp! The op is either lying or fails to understand her own op. Nah that could never happen.

I'm lying despite the fact I provided plenty of links to prove it's true.

Wow, you are intelligent . . . NOT!!!!

:lol:

I'm lying despite the fact I provided plenty of links to prove it's true.

Wow, you are intelligent . . . NOT!!!!

Uh...no you didn't. Monitoring social media is entirely different than shutting down Twitter. You fail.

If you ifs were 5ths we'd all be drunk too!!

Which is another way of saying you can't refute or answer, so you are now sputtering.

no one can dispute a made up hypothetical silly. Thats why you use it.

For example: If Bush did the same thing you would support it. Prove me wrong muahahaha

Exactly what is "hypothetical" about monitoring Twitter? That's not hypothetical, that's reality. It was reality with #attackwatch and it's reality again with #truthy?

Oh please! If Bush had done ANYTHING like this, libs would have been screaming oppression. In fact, libs were always screaming Bush was oppressing their rights, but they never could produce any evidence of it.

no one can dispute a made up hypothetical silly. Thats why you use it.

For example: If Bush did the same thing you would support it. Prove me wrong muahahaha

And now you are pretending we are talking about twitter?

Exactly what is "hypothetical" about monitoring Twitter? That's not hypothetical, that's reality. It was reality with #attackwatch and it's reality again with #truthy?

Try harder bro

Anyone here that values the kind of laissez faire free speech we have at USMB needs to get off their asses and WRITE/CALL your CongressCritters today to DEFUND NScienceFoundation and prevent them from doing this hatchet job on the Bill of Rights.

Don't care about the SCOPE of the what they will insert the power of govt into -- they should NEVER ASSUME that the people will allow them this usurped power.

You allow this and certain as death and taxes -- EVENTUALLY and quickly, it will come to the Message Board near you.. And don't start with the excuses about Bush or the diffs between twitter and a message board. You are wrong. We would be on Bush like stink on a bear. And just the ARROGANCE of this attempt is heart-stopping..

Forum List

Back