Well it was hot as hell again today..we need a USMB saftey meeting

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Those of us are aware it is the middle of July, so when you work outside drink plenty of water..

And don't worry in a blink of an eye it will be October and all of you will be bitching how cold it is.

Lets Just get it done.

I love summers because the nights are so pleasant after the sun goes down.

I work indoors all day long so the summer heat does not affect me until the hvac goes down at the office.

At home I just wear a damp shirt and sit in front of the fan while I work at my desk.

If you work in the sun make sure you wear a big hat and sunglasses.

A long sleeved white cotton shirt will keep you cooler than short sleeves because it reflects the sunlight.

Lite khaki cargo trousers keep you cooler too.

I love summers because the nights are so pleasant after the sun goes down.

I work indoors all day long so the summer heat does not affect me until the hvac goes down at the office.

At home I just wear a damp shirt and sit in front of the fan while I work at my desk.

If you work in the sun make sure you wear a big hat and sunglasses.

A long sleeved white cotton shirt will keep you cooler than short sleeves because it reflects the sunlight.

Lite khaki cargo trousers keep you cooler too.

My coworker was telling me about Australia and kangaroos today about how they stay out of the Sun and lick their wrists...to stay cool..

You really have to be careful about going into A/C this time of the year..

Those of us are aware it is the middle of July, so when you work outside drink plenty of water..

And don't worry in a blink of an eye it will be October and all of you will be bitching how cold it is.

Lets Just get it done.
It only got to 97 here in Cowtown today. I'll have to get an extra blanket tonight.

After a comparatively mild first half of July, the forecast is for a scorching second half of July across most of the USA.

And ... bugger. That's when I've signed up for running training. Running when it's 90F and humid, oh joy.

Yeah, I know to stop if overheating. Overheating is an overall "I'm gonna die" feeling, which is quite a different feeling from muscle fatigue or hitting cardiovascular limits.

After a comparatively mild first half of July, the forecast is for a scorching second half of July across most of the USA.

And ... bugger. That's when I've signed up for running training. Running when it's 90F and humid, oh joy.

Yeah, I know to stop if overheating. Overheating is an overall "I'm gonna die" feeling, which is quite a different feeling from muscle fatigue or hitting cardiovascular limits.
No air conditioning again today in chitown, only 81! Where's it hotter than hell?

My county has had 16 straight days above average highs and lows. It's broken 95 for the last 12 days and the heat index has regularly been above 102.

Forum List

Back