Well I Fianlly Took The Plunge...

Discussion in 'Photography and Imaging' started by 007, Aug 14, 2005.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    Yesterday I signed papers on a brand new Harley Davidson. A Thirty Fifth Anniversary Super Glide. Of the HUNDREDS of bikes we get each year, we have been alotted THREE of these bikes. ONE of them is MINE! It won't however, come in until October, so I'll have to post different pictures of it when I actually get it. I expect this bike to be an instant colletors item, and actually increase in value. Here's a picture of it off the Harley Davidson website...

[​IMG]

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Nice bike but, I like that freezer full of Rib-Eye in the background better. :D

3. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    Aaaah.... OK.... whatever.... :rolleyes:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Pale, I know this is probably NOT the adjective you want, but it's a pretty bike and in my fav colors. :usa: Congratulations!

5. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    Coming from a woman's perspective, pretty is just fine Kathianne, and I like the red, white and blue also. The first time I saw a picture of this bike, I knew I was going to buy one. It's a very limited production bike, so it's destined to be a collector. I can't imagine ever selling this bike in my life time either. If I want another bike, this one will get stored, and I'll buy another bike. This one is a keeper.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    If you ever ride it to Chicago/Midwest, let me know! If you have a helmet, I'll ride a bit-if you drive. :laugh:

7. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    In the bike business working as a technician, summertime vacations are out of the question. That's one bad thing about it. We miss all the good rides, i.e., Sturgis. So a ride to Chicago-land, (I used to live in Wisconsin not far from Chicago), in the later part of the year would be one cold ride.

I am planning a trip back to Wisco though maybe sometime late next year. I would load up the bike and take it regardless of the time. I have lots of friends back there who'd love to see it, not to mention maybe there'd be nice weather and we'd be able to ride.

And yes, it would be fun to get together with a fellow board member and shoot the breeze, maybe pound a couple cold ones, AND give you a ride on the Harley. And you wouldn't need to worry about getting scared, because cruising on a Harley is all about style and prestige, not winning races... :beer:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ah one-time fellow Midwesterner and behind the Cheddar Curtain too! It would be fun, let me know!

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Wowy Pale!! And you don't have helmet laws there? Or maybe they do now?

10. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    I've been told that you can lower your cholesterol by not eating as much and/or not eating cheese at all... well... that's totally out of the question. I love cheese... :rock:

And what I meant when I said "load up the bike", I meant I'd "load it up in the truck".

But you bet. When I head that direction for a visit, I'll give you a holler.