Welfare

HOLTANEK

Rookie
Apr 19, 2011
I guess this is as good a place as any to post my question. I recently had a discussion with an african american woman, (im a white guy), regarding the current state of the black community, especially how it's become so crime ridden and desolate. She stated that the welfare system started the decline due to the fact that when welfare came out, it was strictly for mothers and their children, and if there WAS a father involved, he had to "leave" or else welfare wouldnt be granted. In other words, welfare caused the abundance of "welfare queens" , "fathers" being absent, and how this trend still influences todays black youth leaving home at around 18 years old. Now if this is truly fact, I can remotely see how this policy would create the current situation, but everyone tends to see reality differently. Please, I dont want to hear from white power goofs, racists, etc, you can just keep to your sad fantasies. I'm just trying to become a better person and understand the social implications and/or reasons for social circumstances.

Last edited:
There comes a day in everyones life when you must take responsibility for their own actions.

I dont buy into the excuse that its "the mans" fault. Those days are LONG gone.

If you see blacks as you're equal, you can't blame welfare.

The more Socialized we become, the more reliant on the Collective. The Male Provider, the Individual plays a lesser role.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post my question. I recently had a discussion with an african american woman, (im a white guy), regarding the current state of the black community, especially how it's become so crime ridden and desolate. She stated that the welfare system started the decline due to the fact that when welfare came out, it was strictly for mothers and their children, and if there WAS a father involved, he had to "leave" or else welfare wouldnt be granted. In other words, welfare caused the abundance of "welfare queens" , "fathers" being absent, and how this trend still influences todays black youth leaving home at around 18 years old. Now if this is truly fact, I can remotely see how this policy would create the current situation, but everyone tends to see reality differently. Please, I dont want to hear from white power goofs, racists, etc, you can just keep to your sad fantasies. I'm just trying to become a better person and understand the social implications and/or reasons for social circumstances.

IN my opinion, welfare ( or entitlement programs ) ended the black family unit, and also the white ones.

The family unit is still there, they just deny the man is around. These people have lived off 'the system' for decades, and know exactly how to milk it.

There comes a day in everyones life when you must take responsibility for their own actions.

I dont buy into the excuse that its "the mans" fault. Those days are LONG gone.

You're absolutely right. It's easy to blame your troubles on some outside influences, especially "The Man", And if those that claim racism would spend their time making something of themselves instead this would be a much better place. It seems that my attempts to "understand" the blacks better just keeps coming back to reality. I realise that myself as well as my black lady friend are always going to see things from our own individual perspectives. I guess I was searching for some unseen real reason for the vast differences, but I've been finding that our perceptions,beliefs,are 'real" in our own minds and nothing is going to change that.

/\ Sorry about that HOLTANEK.... /\

No problem, I'm still trying to figure this all out. Hey, I'm a 57 year old white guy with all the bias's and opinions that have been with me my whole life. It seems that in my attempts to "understand" the black problem, my original thoughts still prenail.

Please, I dont want to hear from white power goofs, racists, etc, you can just keep to your sad fantasies. I'm just trying to become a better person and understand the social implications and/or reasons for social circumstances.

You're "just trying to become a better person", and not interested in opinions different from your own. You just want to "understand", and would like to stay friends with the black lady.

Yup, you're a "white guy", alright.

IN my opinion, welfare ( or entitlement programs ) ended the black family unit, and also the white ones.

Youre exactly right. I guess my quest for understanding has led me back to the confirmation of my original thoughts. it's life.

Please, I dont want to hear from white power goofs, racists, etc, you can just keep to your sad fantasies. I'm just trying to become a better person and understand the social implications and/or reasons for social circumstances.

You're "just trying to become a better person", and not interested in opinions different from your own. You just want to "understand", and would like to stay friends with the black lady.

yep, I have to admit you're right...what was I thinking??

yep, I have to admit you're right...what was I thinking??

Wait, It's not that I wont accept others opinions, I'd just like to have them based on FACTS, not B.S. But as I've been finding, the facts still hold true.

If you see blacks as you're equal, you can't blame welfare.

Exactly!! I'm not trying to "blame" anyone, but it appears that whites will NEVER be seen in an honest way by blacks.

NO they won't. They don't want to. We remind them of their servitude. "What irritates us most about others is often what we dislike most about ourselves"? :eusa_whistle:

Yep. It was the incompassionate Liberals like Ted Kennedy who caused all these problems in the first place. Unfortunately, we've got wackos like Obama, Reid and Pelosi who just want to keep blacks on their "plantation" so they can maintain power, so don't expect it to change anytime soon.

It was 35 years ago that a black college buddy explained to me how it is the intent of his race to overpopulate and someday become the majority in this country. I believed him then, I believe it now. If welfare currently plays a roll, it's only to accelerate the process.

It was 35 years ago that a black college buddy explained to me how it is the intent of his race to overpopulate and someday become the majority in this country. I believed him then, I believe it now. If welfare currently plays a roll, it's only to accelerate the process.

Yep, and us tax paying suckers are payin' for it.

Forum List

Back