Weight

The correct proportion for an individuals body weight, is the one that you are most healthy at. As in most things, it varys from individual to individual.

BMI is bullshit. There are so many factors involved in weight that no one simple formula could be used. There are healthy fats as well as unhealthy, muscle weighs more, much more, than fat. Bone mass needs to be taken into account. Too many factors for a A / B = healthy formula.

BMI is bullshit. There are so many factors involved in weight that no one simple formula could be used. There are healthy fats as well as unhealthy, muscle weighs more, much more, than fat. Bone mass needs to be taken into account. Too many factors for a A / B = healthy formula.

Not really. It takes a simple muscle mass to fat ratio. Yes, that is individual, but it can be measured individually.

There is an acceptable, general norm based on an average. You can't trash a whole system because it doesn't apply to the exceptions rather than the rule.

Trust me when I say I understand what you are saying. According to generally accepted height/weight standards, I am fat. Last time my bodyfat was measured it was 7.9%. That is the reasoning for alternate methods of measurement. For those that don't fit the mold.

My simple rule of thumb for joe average is if the last time you saw your belt buckle it was hanging in the closet, you might have a problem.:lol:

BMI was invented by the french aristocracy to decide who was fat.
According to BMI my friend who is one of the skinniest people I know is overweight. 6'2" 185 or seomething.

Hi Friend ,
There are a bunch online that are free, and some more advanced tools or communities that have paid subscriptions. I'm putting a link to a list of them so that you can choose the one best suited for you.

If you can't tie your fucking shoes or need a forklift to get out of bed you are too fucking fat!

If you are out for a walk and fall into Paris Hilton's anus you are too fucking thin.

Doctor Frogen does house calls.

Not really. It takes a simple muscle mass to fat ratio. Yes, that is individual, but it can be measured individually.

There is an acceptable, general norm based on an average. You can't trash a whole system because it doesn't apply to the exceptions rather than the rule.

Trust me when I say I understand what you are saying. According to generally accepted height/weight standards, I am fat. Last time my bodyfat was measured it was 7.9%. That is the reasoning for alternate methods of measurement. For those that don't fit the mold.

My simple rule of thumb for joe average is if the last time you saw your belt buckle it was hanging in the closet, you might have a problem.:lol:

Of course, there might be another reason.... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back