Weapons of Mass Delusion

D

Darwins Friend

Tuesday April 18, 5:06 AM

Rumsfeld says of resignation calls 'This too will pass'

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dismissed calls for his resignation by a group of retired generals, telling conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh that "this too will pass."

Rumsfeld made no direct reference during the live interview with Limbaugh to the six retired generals who called for his resignation, but he suggested that his defence has only begun.

"You know, this, too, will pass," he said when Limbaugh asked him how it felt to go from sex symbol to having "practically the entire media jump on the case of these six generals demanding your ouster?"

"I think about it, and I must say, there's always two sides to these things, and the sharper the criticism comes, sometimes the sharper the defence comes from people who don't agree with the critics," Rumsfeld said.

Rumsfeld said he was pleased to see other retired generals step up to defend him.

They included retired general Richard Myers, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; retired general Tommy Franks, the commander of the 2003 invasion of Iraq; retired lieutenant general Michael DeLong, Franks's former deputy at the US Central Command; and retired admiral Vernon Clark, the former chief of naval operations.

Asked why he was being attacked now, Rumsfeld said he did not know. "I can't climb into other people's minds," he said.

"I was amused that admiral Vern Clark said 'Yes, he is tough and these are tough times and we need people in government who are tough-minded."

"So I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder," he added.

(guess that mass e-mail from the Pentagon over the weekend worked) :bye1:

Darwins Friend said:

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dismissed calls for his resignation by a group of retired generals, telling conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh that "this too will pass."

Rumsfeld made no direct reference during the live interview with Limbaugh to the six retired generals who called for his resignation, but he suggested that his defence has only begun.

"You know, this, too, will pass," he said when Limbaugh asked him how it felt to go from sex symbol to having "practically the entire media jump on the case of these six generals demanding your ouster?"

"I think about it, and I must say, there's always two sides to these things, and the sharper the criticism comes, sometimes the sharper the defence comes from people who don't agree with the critics," Rumsfeld said.

Rumsfeld said he was pleased to see other retired generals step up to defend him.

They included retired general Richard Myers, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; retired general Tommy Franks, the commander of the 2003 invasion of Iraq; retired lieutenant general Michael DeLong, Franks's former deputy at the US Central Command; and retired admiral Vernon Clark, the former chief of naval operations.

Asked why he was being attacked now, Rumsfeld said he did not know. "I can't climb into other people's minds," he said.

"I was amused that admiral Vern Clark said 'Yes, he is tough and these are tough times and we need people in government who are tough-minded."

Where are the weapons of 'mass delusion' you refer to?

Darwins Friend said:

That "mass e-mail" couldn't possibly compete with the mass MEDIA selling these Monday Morning QB generals as gospel.

Darwins Friend said:
Rumsfeld’s and Limpdick’s egos?

Limpdick? I know this is not refering to the President. It can't be. There is no way a veteran would ever refer to the Commander-in-Chief as "Limpdick."

onthefence said:
Limpdick? I know this is not refering to the President. It can't be. There is no way a veteran would ever refer to the Commander-in-Chief as "Limpdick."
You and DF remind me of good cop and bad cop. Laurel and Hardy. Cute.

6 have an issue with the Sec. This number is so pityful I am not even going to get out my calculator to figure what percentage of 1% that comes to.

Next!

onthefence said:

I think he might be talking about Rush.

Regardless, im not sure what the point of this thread is. Post part of an interview between Rush and Sec. Rumsfeld and then rather than talk about anything in the interview, just make fun of them.

On a side note, it really does amaze me sometimes how society is getting dumber and dumber... I dont know why. But you know we are going to see alot of violence in the rest of our days.

onthefence said:
Thanks. It just burns my ass when anyone disrespects a sitting President like he does.
Oh yes, it's so obvious your concern.

Darwins Friend said:

Karl Marx explains Newton's Laws of Liberals....​

Newton's First Law of Liberals: "Liberals can f*** up a one car funeral."

(Corollaries to this law are: Liberals can't figure their way out of a paper bag. Liberals can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If it makes sense to you, it is beyond the ability for a liberal to comprehend.")

Newton's Second Law of Liberals: "A liberal myth, once in motion, will not be stopped by any fact, proof, logic or evidence of any kind".

(As evidenced on this board, the success of the Iraq War, the outstanding performance of our economy, and the fact that Bush has succeeded in the War on Terror does not stop the "Bush Lied People Died" drumbeat of the liberals)

Newton's Third Law of Liberals (also known as the "Ronald Reagan Rule"): "A policy's effectiveness is proportional to the hyperventilating cries of foul by the Left. The more they hate a policy, the more effective it is. If a policy is praised by liberals, it must almost certainly be wrong".

(As evidenced during the Reagan administration --- the Left's opposition to Reagan's policies was huge, and the result of those very same policies was the end of the Cold War)

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Did Rush ever interview him previously?

Rush does few interviews. And if he did - was it so soon after the "Liberal Media" took such a heavy shot at the current Defence Secretary? Has that happened before? Seems like an extreme reaction to something will supposedly "pass".

And Gunny - could that e-mail from the funny shaped building been reiterating the fact that some high officers might get their paperwork lost on the way to their retirement - regarding their pensions?

Has any other Defence Secretary gone through this kind of siege previously? Hell, even the automaton McNamara never went through a storm of shit like this - even when LBJ and him were at each other’s throats.

No Gun - this is something else altogether and I’ll bet Rummy’s praying crazy-dude in Iran does something stupid to take the media’s heat off his ass.

Darwins Friend said:
And Gunny - could that e-mail from the funny shaped building been reiterating the fact that some high officers might get their paperwork lost on the way to their retirement - regarding their pensions?

You have no idea how retirement works, do you? Nobody has their 'paperwork lost' because the same yahoos (probably GS5s and E6s and E7s) process the retirement orders. Nobody, especially not a senior officer would sit by and just 'not-get' their retirement. Please, in you efforts to lie and make us believe you are a retired veteran yourself, at least show a modicum of insider-knowledge on how the system works.

KarlMarx said:
Karl Marx explains Newton's Laws of Liberals....​

Newton's First Law of Liberals: "Liberals can f*** up a one car funeral."

(Corollaries to this law are: Liberals can't figure their way out of a paper bag. Liberals can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If it makes sense to you, it is beyond the ability for a liberal to comprehend.")

Newton's Second Law of Liberals: "A liberal myth, once in motion, will not be stopped by any fact, proof, logic or evidence of any kind".

(As evidenced on this board, the success of the Iraq War, the outstanding performance of our economy, and the fact that Bush has succeeded in the War on Terror does not stop the "Bush Lied People Died" drumbeat of the liberals)

Newton's Third Law of Liberals (also known as the "Ronald Reagan Rule"): "A policy's effectiveness is proportional to the hyperventilating cries of foul by the Left. The more they hate a policy, the more effective it is. If a policy is praised by liberals, it must almost certainly be wrong".

(As evidenced during the Reagan administration --- the Left's opposition to Reagan's policies was huge, and the result of those very same policies was the end of the Cold War)

I doubt Newton came up with those laws, he was not around for the auto mobile, making it highly unlikely that he wrote the first law, he died before Reagan was born making it unlikely that he wrote Reagan's law, he also died before the modern conotations of liberal were in place, making it unlikely that he wrote any of the laws in question.

Deaddude's First Law of Conservative Argument: In order to make their ideas seem more important, the conservatives will credit there creation to some well known historical/Legendary figure, no matter how historicly improbible it is.

(examples include: Newtons Laws of Liberals, and Intellegent Design)

Forum List

Back