Weapons of Mass Delusion

deaddude said:
I doubt Newton came up with those laws, he was not around for the auto mobile, making it highly unlikely that he wrote the first law, he died before Reagan was born making it unlikely that he wrote Reagan's law, he also died before the modern conotations of liberal were in place, making it unlikely that he wrote any of the laws in question.

Deaddude's First Law of Conservative Argument: In order to make their ideas seem more important, the conservatives will credit there creation to some well known historical/Legendary figure, no matter how historicly improbible it is.

(examples include: Newtons Laws of Liberals, and Intellegent Design)

That's not even CLOSE to as funny as what Karl posted. C+ - for effort. ;)

dmp said:
You have no idea how retirement works, do you? Nobody has their 'paperwork lost' because the same yahoos (probably GS5s and E6s and E7s) process the retirement orders. Nobody, especially not a senior officer would sit by and just 'not-get' their retirement. Please, in you efforts to lie and make us believe you are a retired veteran yourself, at least show a modicum of insider-knowledge on how the system works.

So, by that you mean that politics never plays a part in a career officer’s reality? Christ, what you don’t know about their game would fill volumes. Guess that’s why wounded soldiers never get charged for not turning in their body armor when getting out of the service, and a dead GI never got docked for hospital meals from his last paycheck delivered to his mom.

:bs1: Schmuck.

Darwins Friend said:
So, by that you mean that politics never plays a part in a career officer’s reality? Christ, what you don’t know about their game would fill volumes. Guess that’s why wounded soldiers never get charged for not turning in their body armor when getting out of the service, and a dead GI never got docked for hospital meals from his last paycheck delivered to his mom.

:bs1: Schmuck.

Wha? What the FUCK are you talking about?

Look again...Sound out EACH LETTER if that helps you. Seriously. TRY www.hop.com if you have trouble.

Re-read what I wrote, and PLEASE, for the love of God try to respond to what I wrote instead of something I did NOT write.

dmp said:
You have no idea how retirement works, do you? Nobody has their 'paperwork lost' because the same yahoos (probably GS5s and E6s and E7s) process the retirement orders. Nobody, especially not a senior officer would sit by and just 'not-get' their retirement. Please, in you efforts to lie and make us believe you are a retired veteran yourself, at least show a modicum of insider-knowledge on how the system works.

And everybody that served in the military knows you keep copies of all your own paperwork. You never EVER trust blundering government agencies to keep your records where they should be.

theHawk said:
And everybody that served in the military knows you keep copies of all your own paperwork. You never EVER trust blundering government agencies to keep your records where they should be.

Copies...try 4 or 5 copies...some at your house, some at the homes of friends...some with parents... :)

Darwins Friend said:
Did Rush ever interview him previously?

Rush does few interviews. And if he did - was it so soon after the "Liberal Media" took such a heavy shot at the current Defence Secretary? Has that happened before? Seems like an extreme reaction to something will supposedly "pass".

And Gunny - could that e-mail from the funny shaped building been reiterating the fact that some high officers might get their paperwork lost on the way to their retirement - regarding their pensions?

Has any other Defence Secretary gone through this kind of siege previously? Hell, even the automaton McNamara never went through a storm of shit like this - even when LBJ and him were at each other’s throats.

No Gun - this is something else altogether and I’ll bet Rummy’s praying crazy-dude in Iran does something stupid to take the media’s heat off his ass.

Yes Rush has interviewed Secretary Rumsfeld before.

And of course Rumsfeld is getting alot of heat. He is trying to modernize and change things! The career people dont like him changing stuff.

dmp said:
That's not even CLOSE to as funny as what Karl posted. C+ - for effort. ;)

A passing grade is a passing grade, especially with regard to humor and calculus.

Yes Rush has interviewed Secretary Rumsfeld before.

And of course Rumsfeld is getting alot of heat. He is trying to modernize and change things! The career people dont like him changing stuff.

Modernizing - Like this?

"Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to up-armor our vehicles?" Wilson asked

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/09/rumsfeld.reporter/

Whatever happened to that brave kid’s career, by the way? And have all the vehicles in Iraq finally been adequately armored?

dilloduck said:
How many troops returning from Iraq have you heard bitching about it??

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411366/701927

"What you're seeing is deep frustration in the military," he said, "deep frustration within our troops who are not getting enough armour. ... It is obvious that Secretary Rumsfeld did not listen to them. ... That's why we're in this morass."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18745711%5E662,00.html

Experts said the Americans had begun welding large amounts of armour to the vehicles in response, nicknaming their Humvees "Rhinos".

But the Australian experts said the Humvees were not built to take on so much armour.

Armour inside the US Humvees could also shatter badly on taking a hit.

They said the Americans were now evaluating Australian-made Bushmaster armoured vehicles as a potential replacement for some Humvees.

dilloduck said:
I'm talking troops here---not pissed off, retired, lead assed, brass who didnt have the balls to resign if they thought troops were so engangered.

So, the current Chief of Army, LTGEN Peter Leahy AO - doesn’t qualify?

dilloduck said:
You understand GRUNTS ????

Yeah - those are the dirty little folks we’d transport over the water, right? But seriously - did you use the word "grunt" previously? (and try doing a bio search on the Lt-Gen for his background - you'll find him to be a hands-on leader).

deaddude said:
I doubt Newton came up with those laws, he was not around for the auto mobile, making it highly unlikely that he wrote the first law, he died before Reagan was born making it unlikely that he wrote Reagan's law, he also died before the modern conotations of liberal were in place, making it unlikely that he wrote any of the laws in question.

Deaddude's First Law of Conservative Argument: In order to make their ideas seem more important, the conservatives will credit there creation to some well known historical/Legendary figure, no matter how historicly improbible it is.

(examples include: Newtons Laws of Liberals, and Intellegent Design)

Not Isaac Newton!!!! It was his great-great-great-grandson on his mother's side twice removed, Frank Ignatius Grant Newton --- sometimes known as "Fig" Newton.... geez!!!!! Gee, don't they teach you guys anything in school?

and just for that, I won't tell you about Einstein's Theory of Democrats!!!!!

dilloduck said:
I used the word troops---sorry,but to me troops doesn't include generals. I think you understand what I'm saying here.

Yes - yes I do understand what you’re saying. And maybe the kids coming home from Iraq don’t squawk about it anymore because they’ve gotten by and taken care of it themselves - like the one’s who’s parents have ponied up for their child’s body armor.

Somewhat like Mikal said yesterday, at 86: "The American soldiers are using my AK-47 that they've confiscated - because it’s a superior weapon".

Guess the "grunts" always improvise - we "squids" always did.

Darwins Friend said:
Yes - yes I do understand what you’re saying. And maybe the kids coming home from Iraq don’t squawk about it anymore because they’ve gotten by and taken care of it themselves - like the one’s who’s parents have ponied up for their child’s body armor.

Somewhat like Mikal said yesterday, at 86: "The American soldiers are using my AK-47 that they've confiscated - because it’s a superior weapon".

Guess the "grunts" always improvise - we "squids" always did.

Well those grunts support what they are doing in Iraq so who gives a damn what the generals whine about.

dilloduck said:
Well those grunts support what they are doing in Iraq so who gives a damn what the generals whine about.

Fair enough. :tank:

Forum List

Back