Wealth Redistribution?

No Liberal wants to hear what a drain on the taxpayers the poor are. They would much rather blame the rich and successfull.

The poor pay for nothing but have no problem bellying up to the trough. They have no problem taking all they can get because they will never have to pay back one dime. Believe me they don't care where the money comes from as long as it comes.

A typcal Righty Extremist fascist fabrication.

I don't think I made my question clear enough. I'm looking for people's ideas on exactly HOW the wealthy are getting the money away from the middle class. The mode of transfer.

Thru the purchase of the goods and services the wealthy (business owners) provide to those who want, need or desire said goods and services. It's called commerce.

A Righty Extremist Fascist fabrication. The truth: through the corrupton of government to give the corporate fascists incredible subsidies while stripping protections for the working classes.

I don't think I made my question clear enough. I'm looking for people's ideas on exactly HOW the wealthy are getting the money away from the middle class. The mode of transfer.

Thru the purchase of the goods and services the wealthy (business owners) provide to those who want, need or desire said goods and services. It's called commerce.

Where is your proof they are the only ones who create jobs?

Why do you treat them as kings when they have acted like they owe this country nothing?

Unsupported fear, syrenn, on your part.

No, i don't believe so. Entitlements are wealth redistribution.

Unfair anti-labor legislation, by your def, is wealth redistribution. You don't understand the term is all.

Here, this will help you. The Real Redistribution of Wealth: Forbes 400 Triple Wealth in 5 years | Squattable.com

I understand it very well. The bottom line of it is to take from the rich and give it to the poor. It is meant to even out the the highs and lows and move everyone toward the middle.

The bottom line is to help the poor when they can't help themselves because of causes outside of their control.

If you are saying "there should be no free ride", I agree 100%, and I think assistance requirements and regulations need to be greatly overhauled in return for the downgrading and elimination of business subsidies.

As Care4all addressed, the American wage earner has suffered flat wages in Real Dollars for over 30 years. This despite record productivity and very good overall profits. During that same time, the top percentile have realized huge gains in wealth.
As for the working poor and the working middle class, because of the flat wages over the years, their expendable income just keeps on shrinking and shrinking. This causes more and more a need for the entitlement programs.
Wages are not keeping up with inflation and that's the problem. So while wage earners keep falling behind, the uber wealthy accumulate more wealth. The money is staying at the top. The corporations and the shareholders are benefiting from the flat wage/slow wages as it increases the profit margin.
The bottom-line, the bottom have been shut out of the growth of the economy, only the top percentile are reaping the rewards.
Who decides wages? Who makes the decisions?

References:
Workers’ share of national income plummets to record lowWorkers

Wages and Benefits: Real Wages (1964-2004)Wages and Benefits: Real Wages (1964-2004) - Working Life

The bottom line is to help the poor when they can't help themselves because of causes outside of their control.

If you are saying "there should be no free ride", I agree 100%, and I think assistance requirements and regulations need to be greatly overhauled in return for the downgrading and elimination of business subsidies.

Right... good to see that you agree. It is all about taking money from the "rich" and giving it to the "poor" regardless of the how and why they are poor.

That means entitlement programs. The people in entitlement programs are never happy with what they are getting and always want more. The base idea is that the "rich" can and should give up their money to help the poor.

Save, the facts do not support your screwy theory. The continual growth of government and fascist corporatist cooperation to transfer wealth from the middle class to the wealthy is the real reason: the killers of the middle class come from the Extremist Right.

Attack the poster when you can't make a case otherwise huh Jake? No, the rich are holding on to their money and the government would like to take more. We are not transferring wealth through the governement at all. The poor on the other hand, are a continual drain on the government coffers. With such large payouts to the poor, we are slipping into more and more debt with an increasing amount going to interest. This is a GROWING transfer of wealth. It isn't a theory, but simple reality. You might want to join us.

No, I have not attacked ad hominem. I have properly defined terms and behaviors. You misjudge the role of the poor or the government. The corporations have corrupted the government and attacked the working man. Please do not protest Right Extremist fascists and corporatists when you folks improperly label moderate GOP, centrists, and mainstream Dems as leftists and liberals. That is a lie.

Go ahead, find a label in YOUR list that I used in this debate. You seem bent on using them, not me. You did attack and I put it in bold for you. Ultimately, you are coming closer to my position in some posts here. Corporations seem to be utilizing a global labor market, which has kept US wages down. That is how it works. It gets worse when you allow illegal immigrants.

I dont think i am losing anything to the wealthy. I am losing ground to the poor who have an eye on what i have and they don't.

Its amazing that the people gaining the wealth are ignored by you and instead you spew hate on the poor.

Everyone is getting poorer other than the wealthy.

So this silly person blames the poor.

Why are the poor poor in America?

I see no one wants to address the question. Interesting. :eusa_think:

Attack the poster when you can't make a case otherwise huh Jake? No, the rich are holding on to their money and the government would like to take more. We are not transferring wealth through the governement at all. The poor on the other hand, are a continual drain on the government coffers. With such large payouts to the poor, we are slipping into more and more debt with an increasing amount going to interest. This is a GROWING transfer of wealth. It isn't a theory, but simple reality. You might want to join us.

No, I have not attacked ad hominem. I have properly defined terms and behaviors. You misjudge the role of the poor or the government. The corporations have corrupted the government and attacked the working man. Please do not protest Right Extremist fascists and corporatists when you folks improperly label moderate GOP, centrists, and mainstream Dems as leftists and liberals. That is a lie.

Go ahead, find a label in YOUR list that I used in this debate. You seem bent on using them, not me. You did attack and I put it in bold for you. Ultimately, you are coming closer to my position in some posts here. Corporations seem to be utilizing a global labor market, which has kept US wages down. That is how it works. It gets worse when you allow illegal immigrants.

Don't use labels and I won't. But, in fact, the far extremist right is very fascistic. And I am glad you are closer to me than you realized before.

Properly managing the global labor issue is only one challenge. Breaking the fascist corporatist hold on the government is another one. Figuring out the illegal problems is a third, and that has to be tied to securing the borders and a pro-American enforcement on business and hiring laws.

If you believe that the middle class is losing ground to the wealthy, what do you consider to be the biggest factor driving the transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy? I have a theory but would like to know how others perceive things to be.

I dont think i am losing anything to the wealthy. I am losing ground to the poor who have an eye on what i have and they don't.

Its amazing that the people gaining the wealth are ignored by you and instead you spew hate on the poor.

Why do you hate your fellow americans?.....

Why do you hate your fellow americans?.....

Are hourly wages earners Americans? There are many, many, many more wage earners than there are those who are uber wealthy. Yet, there is an ideology that bends over backwards to protect the wealthy at the cost of adding more burden on the wage earners.
Of the proposed spending cuts on the table, how many target the rich, the large corporations, the banks and WallStreet? None! How many of the cuts target the rest of the population?
Why all the hate Main Street America?

Don't use labels and I won't. But, in fact, the far extremist right is very fascistic. And I am glad you are closer to me than you realized before.

Properly managing the global labor issue is only one challenge. Breaking the fascist corporatist hold on the government is another one. Figuring out the illegal problems is a third, and that has to be tied to securing the borders and a pro-American enforcement on business and hiring laws.

That's the slightly left leaning Jake I know. Thanks buddy!

Why are the poor poor in America?

See Post 20. The question is addressed with facts.

You must be reading a different post 20 than me. My post 20 is Jake saying, "No, I have not attacked ad hominem. I have properly defined terms and behaviors. You misjudge the role of the poor or the government. The corporations have corrupted the government and attacked the working man. Please do not protest Right Extremist fascists and corporatists when you folks improperly label moderate GOP, centrists, and mainstream Dems as leftists and liberals. That is a lie."

I see plenty of opinion and no fact.

Last edited:

See Post 20. The question is addressed with facts.

You must be reading a different post 20 than me. My post 20 is Jake saying, "No, I have not attacked ad hominem. I have properly defined terms and behaviors. You misjudge the role of the poor or the government. The corporations have corrupted the government and attacked the working man. Please do not protest Right Extremist fascists and corporatists when you folks improperly label moderate GOP, centrists, and mainstream Dems as leftists and liberals. That is a lie."

I see plenty of opinion and no fact.

My error, I meant to say post 26! :tongue:

Because you have a misguided application and a misdefinition of terms loaded and ready to go.

It's a simple question Jake. Why are the poor poor in America? You seem to feel that it is because there are evil rich people who take pleasure in making the poor even poorer. I'm not sure what the motivation behind that would be though. Having more doesn't mean "taking" it from someone else. Wealth isn't finite, there isn't just so much to go around and that is all there is. America is the land of opportunity. Wealth came about by someone taking the risk and putting their blood, sweat and tears into building a successful business. Anyone......especially in 2011 can still do that if they so desire. Are there people born into wealth? Of course there is. Is there anything wrong with a successful person becoming wealthy and providing for their family? My dad was a WWII Marine vet who worked in the meat packing industry for over 30 years to put a roof over 4 kids heads, clothe us, feed us and educate us so we could do better than him. Same thing. So I ask again, why are the poor poor in America? What truely keeps them from breaking the cycle of poverty their family has seemed locked in? Is it because someone is actually denying them and holding them back or is it because they believe they can't or even worse, won't even try?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
No Liberal wants to hear what a drain on the taxpayers the poor are. They would much rather blame the rich and successfull.

The poor pay for nothing but have no problem bellying up to the trough. They have no problem taking all they can get because they will never have to pay back one dime. Believe me they don't care where the money comes from as long as it comes.

A typcal Righty Extremist fascist fabrication.

They are one mighty expensive fabrication.

Pretty much everyone uses the roads, electricity and many other infrastructure items, but entitlements are almost strictly within the realm of the poor. What percentage of the time and effort do the police spend with the poor versus rich? Teachers?

Forum List

Back