We will never convince the deniers.

The temperature record has been made more accurate.

So you say...except that is bullshit and we both know it...Now, how about correcting your fellow warmest who is in denial about the record having been altered...

No, we do not "both know it". I know the temperature record has been made more accurate. You want to think that it has been fucked with but have no evidence whatsoever.

Must be frustrating.

What a bunch of dummies in here! If the US disappeared from the planet TODAY, by 2100 the earth temps would drop by.....ready for this.....1/10th of one degree.

AGW theory is ghey as applied to climate change action.....dont be a Disney dweller and look foolish!:113:

Climate change happens. We should be advancing new technologies whenever possible.

And sometimes it happens because of things that humans are doing. We should be advancing new technologies, particularly if they reduce our GHG emissions.

No, we do not "both know it". I know the temperature record has been made more accurate. You want to think that it has been fucked with but have no evidence whatsoever.

Must be frustrating.

Really? Do tell...how is the record made more accurate by altering temperatures taken 50, 70, 100 years ago and even further back than that? Do give me a rational, scientifically valid explanation as to how you believe such changes could possibly make the record more accurate...

Climate change happens. We should be advancing new technologies whenever possible.

And sometimes it happens because of things that humans are doing. We should be advancing new technologies, particularly if they reduce our GHG emissions.

Got any observed, measured evidence that our so called greenhouse emissions are causing warming? Didn't think so.

TMW2019-02-20color.png

How will carbon taxes put big pots of money in the pockets of liberals?

PS, though I favor nuclear power myself, I think you will find distrust of that technology transcends political divisions.
People say they love their science but then write off nuclear energy.

I find that a bit hypocritical

Not in the least. As I said, I favor nuclear power, but I can certainly understand people who fear the outsized harm of which it is capable and distrust humans ability to safely operate such systems in the long run. Chernobyl and Fukushima in particular, have shown that poorly tended or sited nuclear power plants have the capability of severe long term damage to the environment and to human health. My advocacy for fission power would include a very healthy dose of safety-first, triply-redundant backups and every other bit of human ingenuity that can be thrown in the mix to keep them in check. Fusion power will have far less potential for radioactive contamination, but that, apparently will still have to await for further developments.

I guess the folks who provided you with your opinion never mentioned the fact that people might question you on what passes for evidence among your circles...
I bet they told Crepitus about Gish gallops though.

Not in the least. As I said, I favor nuclear power, but I can certainly understand people who fear the outsized harm of which it is capable and distrust humans ability to safely operate such systems in the long run. Chernobyl and Fukushima in particular, have shown that poorly tended or sited nuclear power plants have the capability of severe long term damage to the environment and to human health. My advocacy for fission power would include a very healthy dose of safety-first, triply-redundant backups and every other bit of human ingenuity that can be thrown in the mix to keep them in check. Fusion power will have far less potential for radioactive contamination, but that, apparently will still have to await for further developments.
Chernobyl was a one off and a flawed design to begin with

It took a tsunami and a comedy of errors to melt down Fukishima

The fact is we abandoned advanced nuclear research decades ago if we had continued we would have seen not only an improvement in safety with reactors that are self limiting but with more innovative designs that are less extensive to manufacture and install.

As of today there is no other source of carbon free power that is capable of meeting the current demands for power and the greatly increased future demands we will see as a shift from fossil fuels to electricity occurs

Keep in mind that I like nuclear power.

There are other sources of carbon free power capable of meeting current demands: wind, solar, tidal, OTEC, geothermal, etc. Just, perhaps, not as conveniently.

How will carbon taxes put big pots of money in the pockets of liberals?

PS, though I favor nuclear power myself, I think you will find distrust of that technology transcends political divisions.
People say they love their science but then write off nuclear energy.

I find that a bit hypocritical

Which government program other than the military and its associated programs are run by anything other than liberals?

I guess the folks who provided you with your opinion never mentioned the fact that people might question you on what passes for evidence among your circles...
I bet they told Crepitus about Gish gallops though.

Maybe you can tell him how he might use that to support his position.

Keep in mind that I like nuclear power.

There are other sources of carbon free power capable of meeting current demands: wind, solar, tidal, OTEC, geothermal, etc. Just, perhaps, not as conveniently.

None of those can meet our demands...technology is 150 years away and government isn't going to force it...the technology will develop when there is a profit motive to do so...the best and brightest are not in government..they are in the private sector and their work is aimed at profit motive...

Given that we are not currently running short and that more renewables are being built than coal, natural gas or nuclear, it seems that they ARE capable of meeting our demand.

Forum List

Back