We the people should make the people in congress have term limits

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Lovebears65, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    Then maybe these yo yos would quit worry about being re elected and do what they were put they to do and not wait to the last minute. Maybe politics about this whole debt ceiling would have been taking care of early this year instead of waiting to the last minute.

2. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    Term limits is an option that should be seriously explored. How do we get Congress to change the laws that would make them unemployed as a result? Not being snarky, we the people talk alot about change but when it comes down to it...we are kindof a status quo society.

The create the crisis strategy is not uncommon, I would have been surprised it any action were taken sooner.

3. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    The citizens of the state are the ones who decide who will represent them in Congress and the Senate, not the Federal State, and not citizens of other states. The American system is composed of 50 country-like entities known as states, and forcing the citizens of unwilling states to adopt federal interference in their internal state affairs would just cause a breakup of the union. Of course, this would please anarchists to no end, but breakups always do. *sigh*

4. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    I hadn't considered the resistance level to be so high, so FreedomBecki you see a serious divide in proposing term limits? Ok, thoughtworthy.