We need to ban the use of the letters R & D on all ballots for national office

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Force the public to LEARN about who they are voting for rather than allowing the party line voting that a lot of ignorant citizens do.
We seem so obsessed with the integrity of the voting system but ignore the glaring issues that plague it.

Combine that with restricting debates & paid ads to public broadcasting stations that are paid for publicly.

Shorten the primary process to a couple weeks so that the people in states that go late in the process get a fair voice in the selection of who we elect.

Enact STRICT term limits and stop politicians from freeloading off of American taxpayers & return them to the idea if being SERVANTS of the people and not our rulers.

Force the public to LEARN about who they are voting for rather than allowing the party line voting that a lot of ignorant citizens do.
We seem so obsessed with the integrity of the voting system but ignore the glaring issues that plague it.

Combine that with restricting debates & paid ads to public broadcasting stations that are paid for publicly.

Shorten the primary process to a couple weeks so that the people in states that go late in the process get a fair voice in the selection of who we elect.

Enact STRICT term limits and stop politicians from freeloading off of American taxpayers & return them to the idea if being SERVANTS of the people and not our rulers.

No!

I enjoy the two political party system that is more like a one party system and believe that our Corporate overlords need to tell us if the D or R are the best choice this election cycle.

Also why limit the terms that a politician can be elected and let embrace the idea of voting them in for life instead...

( Yes, I am being sarcastic and the reality is most Americans prefer MSM to tell them which candidate they should vote for and not study and learn about the candidate... That is why the TV was called the idiot box )

the pols and their lobbyists wont stand for it. Besides, 1/2 of the population either doesn't care to vote or is functionally illiterate.

Democrats and Progressives know they have ignorant voters. Their voters NEED the "D" and the "R" on ballots to know for whom to vote. If anyone questions that allegation, they need only look at a decision handed down against the town of Kinston by Attorney General Eric Holder.

Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party
By Ben Conery - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 20, 2009

KINSTON, N.C. | Voters in this small city decided overwhelmingly last year to do away with the party affiliation of candidates in local elections, but the Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department’s ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their “candidates of choice” - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

The department ruled that white voters in Kinston will vote for blacks only if they are Democrats and that therefore the city cannot get rid of party affiliations for local elections because that would violate black voters’ right to elect the candidates they want.

[...]

Read more:
Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party

A Constitution that IS NOT carved in stone & subject to amendments

So...repeal the First Amendment. Good luck!
I never mentioned any specific amendment but your desperate trolling is amusing, please continue.
first amendment = donations to campaigns. I think is what he was getting at.
Supreme court and all their political activist, bullshit interpretations doesn't mean much to people that don't buy that corporate rhetoric.

thanks captain obvious!! well done! :boobies:

Well, OBVIOUSLY...it was not OBVIOUS to you.

Capt%20Obvious%20cat_zpsuieoryod.jpg

I think presidential elections should be publically funded
That's why I suggested restricting the race to PBS. We already pay for it so let's get something for our money.
LOL! And then you will start whining about the "liberal" media.

Are you writing satire today?
Do you have anything of substance to offer or is trolling all you're capable of?

Grampa,

I would suggest Public Funded campaigns and Alternative Vote would yield better results... Kill Citizens United...

I am not sure about term limits, the thing is getting elected is a machine... Knowing where you get supporters, market research... Term Limits makes the machine stronger and thus the party machine...

Having a preference voting system (with proportional Representation) you actually drive politicians away from the bases and a gathering at the middle... The middle being where most people are...

Grumps had some good ideas this go-round. Term limits aren’t one of them. I like my senator. I want to keep voting for him as long as he wants to continue to serve.

Forum List

Back