We need less college and more reality

I'd rather kids learn a good trade, skill, or craft than get a worthless Liberal Art Degree like "Gender, and Minority Studies" that so many get today. It is worthless as today's universities don't even teach proper writing, and speaking skills. It is a JOKE. They are more concerned with PC, diversity, multi culturalism crap, and fake "inclusiveness" that it is hurting the ability to educate properly.

Apparently you have no understanding of a liberal arts degree. Social sciences, hard sciences and the arts open one's mind, and that is why those who have these degrees lead and others (like you?) are easily led by demagogues and charlatans.
Folks, here we have another nose in the air asshole snob who thinks a college education is the end all be all.

With my nose on the grind stone I disagree. I never once said, "a college education is the end all be all". I said that a liberal arts degree creates leaders; not that a leader cannot be someone without a formal education.

Lincoln is an example, and Palin and Joe the Plumber are examples of those who were not; Trump is an example of one with an education and not a leader.
I am sick and fucking tired of you elitist nose in the air snobs that thing a worthless "liberal arts edumakation" is the end all be all to society's ills berating people who just want to work for a frigging living!

I am sick and fucking tired of you elitist nose in the air snobs that thing a worthless "liberal arts edumakation" is the end all be all to society's ills berating people who just want to work for a frigging living!

My undergrad degree is in one of the Liberal Arts, but I had the sense enough to take Math, Science, and Business courses to augment that. It was so valuable, I had to go to grad school, and get a real degree to make enough money to do the things I wanted in life. But, that's was back when Universities actually made you work for a Liberal Arts degree, and learn things that could help you in other disciplines.

I'd rather kids learn a good trade, skill, or craft than get a worthless Liberal Art Degree like "Gender, and Minority Studies" that so many get today. It is worthless as today's universities don't even teach proper writing, and speaking skills. It is a JOKE. They are more concerned with PC, diversity, multi culturalism crap, and fake "inclusiveness" that it is hurting the ability to educate properly.

Apparently you have no understanding of a liberal arts degree. Social sciences, hard sciences and the arts open one's mind, and that is why those who have these degrees lead and others (like you?) are easily led by demagogues and charlatans.
Folks, here we have another nose in the air asshole snob who thinks a college education is the end all be all.

What is making you so insecure?

What is making you so insecure?

having to stand up to intellect Unkotare.

I'm sure i'd be preaching to the chior claiming there's a war on intellect in America , been brewing for some time .

It's a social gestalt due to the war on labor's penchant to belittle and devalue the worker ant

stop me if you're thinkin' we need a war on bullsh*t in this nation

But i digress, myself i've spent a career as a redneck bluecollar tradesman ,mostly as my own man, shakin' old ladies by the ankles to see what $$$$ falls out

ain't capitalism great!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:~S~

If you can go to college, you should. It will enrich your life one way or another.
How? Why should I fork over tens of thousands of dollars just to hear some anti American Leftist "professor" spewing venom over the evils of America and how we need to be a Communist nation?

Is that all you heard when you went to college?
I had an English teacher flunk me for being a heartless asshole. Wrote it write on my paper. Her boss didn't care when I showed it to her. Got me kicked out of college.

I lived next to the biggest liberal arts college piano wing in the N.E., just walked on in like i owned the place & taught myself scales at NO $$$$ ......~S~

At lot of 'em end up doing time in cornstrction, waiting for their 'big break'....generally good kids who get an eyefull of what they'll avoid being in the trades for 30-40 years ~S~

What the everyone has to go to college crowd doesn't seem to get is that it is they who are causing tuition to rise in this country.

Despite all the education they don't realize that college tuition responds to supply and demand like price of any other good or service

And 40% of all people who enter college do not matriculate so they went into debt for nothing and the government gave them financial aid for nothing and of course the governemnt guarantees the loans so the lenders have no skin in the game.

Colleges are just garbage now, run by a bunch of brain dead Marxists. You’re much better off joining the military and learning a useful trade.

Hopefully the whole university system will crash and give way to internet learning. Why pay tens of thousands of dollars to go to a university when you can lean almost everything at a library and on-line?
Let my play devil's advocate for a nanosecond. What about certain professions that require post-secondary and post-graduate education?
You can have a tiered education system that teaches more than just the trade after the skills are mastered. Jobs like estimating and logistics don't even require a degree but a few dozen hours of study and certification.

...40% of all people who enter college do not matriculate .....

:lol:

That declaration would have been so much more effective if you knew what the word “matriculate” means. Nice try though.

Excuse the fuck out of me I was interrupted during that post and lost my train of thought

But regardless 40% never graduate
I'm part of that 40%, didn't get my Bachelors because of Liberal Teachers who wouldn't give Conservatives a passing grade.

If you can go to college, you should. It will enrich your life one way or another.
How? Why should I fork over tens of thousands of dollars just to hear some anti American Leftist "professor" spewing venom over the evils of America and how we need to be a Communist nation?

I had an English teacher flunk me for being a heartless asshole. Wrote it write on my paper. Her boss didn't care when I showed it to her. Got me kicked out of college.

I think we all know why.

Why are you a heartless asshole? :D

This is a subject I've discussed before with several of my FB friends. My current occupation with the NFTA has me convinced more than ever that vocational/ trades careers are not being emphasized enough in the schools because in my opinion it's always "college this and college that". Has been since even before I was a senior some 32 years ago. And that is doing a disservice to our people. No wonder why the building trades are in such high demand right now-shortage of new apprentices to bring up in the ranks. NFTA is experiencing a driver shortage, as is all student, transit, and motorcoach companies/agencies. For example, even with my class and the next two classes behind me, there won't be enough drivers to cover the extra board for very long. Again, if a 19-21 year old has his/her license, that person can easily turn a 35-40 year career and not be saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in college loan debt and a worthless degree. I'm not knocking college, there are fields that require a degree, but why push it as the end all to a better life?

'If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.' -- Frank Zappa

I think we all know why.

I rode a bike to school 5 miles sometimes in a torrential downpour. I lived on 2 hotdogs and a pepsi per day for food and spent my evenings in the rec hall playing AD&D because there were no jobs to be had in Carbondale Illinois. I sold my life away to be able to go to college and the damn teacher wants me to feel sorry for some bitch who couldn't abstain from sex, she couldn't afford birth control, and she wanted me to feel sorry for her for having to deal with the consequences of her own actions. Hell no I had no sympathy for the bitch. Bitch wouldn't give me the time of day, much less a spin in the hay, due to my poverty status, gives it out for booze and a night of partying.

I think we all know why.

I rode a bike to school 5 miles sometimes in a torrential downpour. I lived on 2 hotdogs and a pepsi per day for food and spent my evenings in the rec hall playing AD&D because there were no jobs to be had in Carbondale Illinois. I sold my life away to be able to go to college and the damn teacher wants me to feel sorry for some bitch who couldn't abstain from sex, she couldn't afford birth control, and she wanted me to feel sorry for her for having to deal with the consequences of her own actions. Hell no I had no sympathy for the bitch. Bitch wouldn't give me the time of day, much less a spin in the hay, due to my poverty status, gives it out for booze and a night of partying.

That screaming noise you heard was the point flying over your head!

You said, "I had an English teacher flunk me for being a heartless asshole." If you wrote the red text or something similar in your paper, we can see why you failed. Teachers don't often flunk students since they are quite capable of doing it on their own.

She wrote it RIGHT on your paper. perhaps?

I think your issues go far deeper than an English paper.

...40% of all people who enter college do not matriculate .....

:lol:

That declaration would have been so much more effective if you knew what the word “matriculate” means. Nice try though.

Excuse the fuck out of me I was interrupted during that post and lost my train of thought

But regardless 40% never graduate
I'm part of that 40%, didn't get my Bachelors because of Liberal Teachers who wouldn't give Conservatives a passing grade.

You poor victims suffer so much. I'm sorry. It was clearly the teacher's fault, because conservatives are never responsible for anything.

Forum List

Back