"we inherited the deficit of two wars fought on a credit card"

But the fact remains, your GD hero V.P. lied thru his freaking teeth, just like every other liberal does.

What exactly did he lie about?

Is "Voting for the war" the same thing as "Voting to pay for the war on a credit card"?

Last time I checked, those were 2 completely different things.

I'm not sure about phrasing over there on the Bizarro planet though.

Well no shit Sherlock BIDEN. Every fricking war the United States has EVER FOUGHT has been FOUGHT ON A CREDIT CARD. Including the Gulf War (Bush I) and Kosovo (Clinton)...not to mention WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and every skirmish in between.

Now about that barefaced LIE you told last night concerning YOU NOT SUPPORTING either of THEM...The voting by the U.S. Senate on Joint Resolution 23, authorizing the President to go into AFGHANISTAN as of 09-14-2001 after al-Qaeda.

Joint Resolution (S.J. Res. 23 )
Vote Number: 281 Vote Date: September 14, 2001, 10:44 AM
Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Joint Resolution Passed
Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Then: the vote on the WAR IN IRAQ...

Friday, October 11, 2002

Following is an alphabetical listing by state of how each senator voted on President Bush's Iraq resolution. A "yes" vote was a vote to grant President Bush the power to attack Iraq unilaterally. A "no" vote was a vote to defeat the measure. Voting "yes" were 29 Democrats and 48 Republicans. Voting "no" were 1 Republican, 21 Democrats, and 1 Independent.

Notice that lying SoB Joseph Biden, DEMOCRAT Delaware voted yea on both.

Yeah, he pretends, just like Libs in here do, That only Republicans voted for those wars.

Last edited:
No as far as GD democrats are concerned. They think those war bonds retired themselves. Geesus how f'ing dumb can you f'ing get?

you're doing pretty well so far, but i bet you can do better, fuckstick.

Like every one of fucksticks, you just went to the top of the list. Prick.

Nice avatar.

The US's outstanding debt by Sep 2008 was 10 trillion, not 6 trillion.

Go back to bed.

But the fact remains, your GD hero V.P. lied thru his freaking teeth, just like every other liberal does.

Is "Voting for the war" the same thing as "Voting to pay for the war on a credit card"?

There was never a vote to put the wars on a Credit Card ass munch, anyone who voted for the Use of Force Resolution, Voted to put a war on a credit card.

Then his vote should have be a NAY. But then that SoB IS retarded just like most dims.

You're wrong.

We RAISED TAXES to pay for the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

Only with the appearance of the modern day borrow and spend Republican party did we stop paying for wars.

Can I point out the obvious here?

We borrowed to pay for every single one of those wars.

You're wrong.

We RAISED TAXES to pay for the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

Only with the appearance of the modern day borrow and spend Republican party did we stop paying for wars.

Except for about a year during 1835-1836, the United States has continuously held a public debt since the US Constitution legally went into effect on 4 March 1789. Debts incurred during the American Revolutionary War and under the Articles of Confederation amounted to $75,463,476.52 on January 1, 1791. From 1796 to 1811 there were 14 budget surpluses and 2 deficits. There was a sharp increase in the debt as a result of the War of 1812. In the 20 years following that war, there were 18 surpluses. The United States actually paid off its debt entirely in January 1835, only to begin accruing debt anew by 1836 (the debt on 1 January 1836 was $37,000).[2][3]

Another sharp increase in the debt occurred as a result of the Civil War. The debt was just $65 million in 1860, but passed $1 billion in 1863 and reached $2.7 billion by the end of the war. During the following 47 years, there were 36 surpluses and 11 deficits. During this period 55% of the national debt was paid off.

The next period of major increase in the national debt took place during World War I, reaching $25.5 billion at its conclusion. It was followed by 11 consecutive surpluses and saw the debt reduced by 36%.

Social programs enacted during the Great Depression and the buildup and involvement in World War II during the F.D. Roosevelt and Truman presidencies in the 1930s and 1940s caused the largest increase – a sixteenfold increase in the gross public debt from $16 billion in 1930 to $260 billion in 1950. When Roosevelt took office in 1933, the national debt was almost $20 billion; a sum equal to 20 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP). During its first term, the Roosevelt administration ran large annual deficits between 2 and 5 percent of GDP. By 1936, the national debt had increased to $33.7 billion or approximately 40 percent of GDP.[4] Gross debt relative to GDP rose to over 100% of GDP to pay for the mobilization before and during World War II.

History of the United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we began our history of borrowing money to wage war with the Revolution, genius, for which we borrowed the money from France.

you've got some drool on your chin, sparky.

So you admit that Biden is a GD liar. Right pissant? Because you went way off subject.

i admit that i'm laughing my ass off at you, corky, and i really don't give a fuck about biden.

tell me, why did you choose to name yourself after a murdering, scumbag terrorist?

as far as i know, osama bin laden is still available here :confused:

Well no shit Sherlock BIDEN. Every fricking war the United States has EVER FOUGHT has been FOUGHT ON A CREDIT CARD. Including the Gulf War (Bush I) and Kosovo (Clinton)...not to mention WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and every skirmish in between.

Now about that barefaced LIE you told last night concerning YOU NOT SUPPORTING either of THEM...The voting by the U.S. Senate on Joint Resolution 23, authorizing the President to go into AFGHANISTAN as of 09-14-2001 after al-Qaeda.

NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Friday, October 11, 2002

Following is an alphabetical listing by state of how each senator voted on President Bush's Iraq resolution. A "yes" vote was a vote to grant President Bush the power to attack Iraq unilaterally. A "no" vote was a vote to defeat the measure. Voting "yes" were 29 Democrats and 48 Republicans. Voting "no" were 1 Republican, 21 Democrats, and 1 Independent.

I will agree you with everything but Gulf War number 1. Saudi Arabia paid for that in full .. they are the ones who called us and the only way we were getting involved was for them to pay for us to go over there. And they did. I know my husband was in that war. lol

Are you saying that, if we went through the record, Biden voted against every single defense authorization bill during the Iraq war?

You're wrong.

Prior to going to war? Hell no...afterward.

So after Bush and Biden (FTFY) invades Iraq, we should raise taxes to pay for it?

What year are you living in?

No we should stop paying the welfare leeches and cut all the bullshit pork (AKA earmarks) out of the f'ing budget.

Fixed that for you...

NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Friday, October 11, 2002

I will agree you with everything but Gulf War number 1. Saudi Arabia paid for that in full .. they are the ones who called us and the only way we were getting involved was for them to pay for us to go over there. And they did. I know my husband was in that war. lol

Consider the source...but Wikipedia claims:

"Around US$36 billion of the US$60 billion cost was paid by Saudi Arabia.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Last edited:
There was never a vote to put the wars on a Credit Card ass munch, anyone who voted for the Use of Force Resolution, Voted to put a war on a credit card.

Yes, there was, jackass.

There were in fact several, and they all concerned the two rounds of the Bush Tax Cuts.

Then his vote should have be a NAY. But then that SoB IS retarded just like most dims.

Voting "Yea", and then voting to either repeal or not implement the Bush Tax Cuts = not paying for the wars on a Credit Card.

Whether you agree with his point or not, that is the point he was trying to make.

He was not, at any point, trying to say he didn't vote for the war in the first place.

Can I point out the obvious here?

We borrowed to pay for every single one of those wars.

Yes, but raising taxes made up at least a portion of the difference, and paid for the rest over time.

Lowering taxes, however, put us deeper in the hole.

Thus his point.

NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Friday, October 11, 2002

Dude, your links don't work.

But you're right, Biden did vote "eye".

You're wrong.

You're boy Biden voted for both these wars....but you are to much of a liar to tell anyone that little tidbit.

Forum List

Back