We cannot win in iraq.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WE CANNOT WIN IN IRAQ.
No matter how long we are in Iraq or Afghanistan we will never win. Whenever we leave radical Islam will return. We do not learn from history and we keep repeating the same mistakes. Russia was in Afghanistan for over 10 years. We cannot use bombs and guns to change hearts, minds and religions. We have lost too many of our men and women to stay any longer. Obama is right. Bring our people home and don’t send in any more. Bring them ALL home. Let those in the middle east solve their own middle east problem. We have an invasion of illegal aliens children that are doing more harm to this country then foreign terrorist. We will have to house them, feed them and educate them. And we worry about foreign terrorist? So much for the “border is secure than ever.” I have to wonder if anyone on FOXNEWS has had any family member in these war in Afghanistan and Iraq that they want to continue.
The world would be a better place if FOXNEWS and REPUBLICANS, WHITE SUPREMECIST and TEA PARTY were all gone. And Obama back in Chicago doing community organizing.

For some, flowing oil is the only desired outcome, the useless people who live on top of the oil are as killable as anyone. Never going to become civilized as long as obscene profits are to be had by some group who has no intention of sharing it with the other groups. Warring Islamic sects is just an excuse, everyone there is really trying to get a chunk of those sweet petrodollars.

Saddam was a necessary evil for Iraq. If we thank we can put a boy scout in his place we are bigger fools than we think. What make us think we can fix Iraq when we cannot even fix our border.

The NY Ranger went in thinking they couldn't win either. (I made that up)

So the answer to radical Islam is to back off and hope they leave us alone?

I like oil, it keeps my car running. I like oil it makes all the nifty plastic things I like. I like oil it makes the electricity for my computer. I like oil it delivers food to my house. I don't like oil causing me or the country to go bankrupt because of some idiot radical Muslims. Assuming they are actually radical Muslims and don't have a legitimate beef with the government.

We're out of Iraq now we need to stay out. We have for years been sold a lie that for some reason we need to be 'engaged' in the Middle East.

All of our Middle Eastern problems began after we got 'engaged'.

We need to go back to the time when Middle Eastern countries fighting amongst themselves was no more our concern than the endless series of wars in Africa are.

Then let's pump more oil here.

Let's get more from Canada and Mexico and Venezuela.

Let's stay out of the ME because they only way we can "win" for some folks is to nuke it all.

The dog doesn't bark down that ally, because that is not where lies the danger.

We're out of Iraq now we need to stay out. We have for years been sold a lie that for some reason we need to be 'engaged' in the Middle East.

We need to go back to the time when Middle Eastern countries fighting amongst themselves was no more our concern than the endless series of wars in Africa are.

What really caused that engagement? Right or Wrong it wasn't just because we wanted to become engaged, it was 9/11 when the radical Muslims brought the fight to our shore. The idea was to remove their base of operations, we did that a long time ago and could have left then but we did not.

But to say that we live in a vacuum where we never get involved is foolish.

No, the answer is to not make us the first target of every terrorist in the world and blow the holy crap out of them if they attack us. Devastating the Taliban for abetting Al Qaeda on 9/11 was totally just. Trying to build a country where the UK failed four times and the Russians failed wasn't a good plan.

Bad things happen, that doesn't mean it's not our job to take the lead in fighting every freaking bad guy in the world. It's also not our job to prop up despotic Middle Eastern governments.

Let's stay out of the ME because they only way we can "win" for some folks is to nuke it all.

I am all for that let's do it.

But the left has told me for some time that it doesn't matter if we produce more it is a global market.

No, the answer is to not make us the first target of every terrorist in the world and blow the holy crap out of them if they attack us.

Bad things happen, that doesn't mean it's not our job to take the lead in fighting every freaking bad guy in the world. It's also not our job to prop up despotic Middle Eastern governments.

I agree, we don't get involved in every situation. But we make sure that they know that if they f..k with the bull they are going to get the horn one way or the other.

Canada and Mexico-----yes

Pump more of our own oil-------yes

We can't "win" in the mideast (or anywhere else) because we cannot define what constitutes a win. We need to learn the lesson of viet nam------58,000 americans died for nothing, we did not save the country from communism, we did not keep the evil chinese from controlling viet nam. It was a stupid waste of lives and money. But did we learn from it?-------------------------------?

No, the answer is to not make us the first target of every terrorist in the world and blow the holy crap out of them if they attack us.

I agree, we don't get involved in every situation. But we make sure that they know that if they f..k with the bull they are going to get the horn one way or the other.

walk softly and carry a big stick
peace through strength

simple basic truths.

What really caused that engagement? Right or Wrong it wasn't just because we wanted to become engaged, it was 9/11 when the radical Muslims brought the fight to our shore. The idea was to remove their base of operations, we did that a long time ago and could have left then but we did not.

So our choices are to live in a vacuum or to have our military all over the middle east propping up despotic governments and making all the terrorists our enemy? Why are those our only choices?

For some, flowing oil is the only desired outcome, the useless people who live on top of the oil are as killable as anyone. Never going to become civilized as long as obscene profits are to be had by some group who has no intention of sharing it with the other groups. Warring Islamic sects is just an excuse, everyone there is really trying to get a chunk of those sweet petrodollars.

SPOT ON. It's rare, very very rare, to see someone on here who can make the case and cover the bases in one short paragraph. ....You must be a leftie.

I am all for that let's do it.

But the left has told me for some time that it doesn't matter if we produce more it is a global market.

you forgot that oil is evil and oil companies are evil greedy corporations.

So in attacking the Taliban we did that. In trying to build a government in Afghanistan, attacking Iraq, having bases and troops all over the region and arming and propping up despotic governments we are not. That's the problem.

We invaded Iraq in 1991, a decade before 9/11.

Forum List

Back