We can "SEE" electrons.

No, but you turned an announcement about a science breakthrough into partisan hackery. (Hackmanship?)

You are truly an epic idiot, and deserve to be shunned by all thinking people in the world.

Because it happened at "Berkeley, California". Probably one of the most "liberal" places on earth.

Hey, I would be very happy at some kind of "scientific breakthrough" happening at "Bob Jones" Christian University, but seriously, how likely is that?

There a lot of places that are more liberal than Berkeley.

Like I said, it is science rdean, not politics. Why make it about politics?

The only conceivable reason is that you are a partisan hack.

Without education you have no "science".

Did you watch Sarah Palin roll her eyes when the woman she was talking to said she was a "teacher". What is truly pathetic, wasn't Sarah rolling her eyes, even though that was pretty pathetic, but it was that lady saying, "but I have other jobs". You see, she was made to feel teaching was a "bad" thing.

That's the current Republicans view on education and science. They are something to be made fun of, something to be laughed at, something to be embarrassed about, SOMETHING TO ROLL YOUR EYES AT.

And for you guys to go on as if the Republican party didn't feel that way is laughable. You know the current Republican party is anti education. You know it's true. Don't lie to yourselves and to us.

Because it happened at "Berkeley, California". Probably one of the most "liberal" places on earth.

Hey, I would be very happy at some kind of "scientific breakthrough" happening at "Bob Jones" Christian University, but seriously, how likely is that?

Did you watch Sarah Palin roll her eyes when the woman she was talking to said she was a "teacher". What is truly pathetic, wasn't Sarah rolling her eyes, even though that was pretty pathetic, but it was that lady saying, "but I have other jobs". You see, she was made to feel teaching was a "bad" thing.

That's the current Republicans view on education and science. They are something to be made fun of, something to be laughed at, something to be embarrassed about, SOMETHING TO ROLL YOUR EYES AT.

And for you guys to go on as if the Republican party didn't feel that way is laughable. You know the current Republican party is anti education. You know it's true. Don't lie to yourselves and to us.
what a simpleton you are
she didnt roll her eyes

Napalm is a "good" discovery? Probably came from one of those Confederate Southern "Christian" Colleges. I've heard they are very warlike and they have a history of discrimination.

I thought this thread was going to be something with substance until I get to the thrid reply
move along folks nothing to see here.

You also think "Napalm" is a "good" discovery?

Here ya go, from wikipedia's page on napalm..........

Development

Use of fire in warfare has a long history. Thickened burning compositions proved their advantages. The development of napalm was precipitated by the use of jellied gasoline mixtures by the Allied forces during World War II.[2] The latex that had been used in these early forms of incendiary devices became logistically impossible to use during the Pacific Theater of Operations, since natural rubber was next-to-impossible to obtain. (The Japanese Army had overrun all of the rubber plantations in Malaya, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand.)

This extreme shortage of natural rubber prompted the chemists at American companies such as Du Pont and Standard Oil, as well as researchers at Harvard University, to strive to develop factory-made alternatives - artificial rubber for all uses, including for vehicle tires, tank tracks, gaskets, hoses, medical supplies, rain clothing. A team of chemists lead by Louis Fieser at Harvard University was the first one to develop synthetic napalm, during 1942 for the U.S. Armed Forces.[1]

From 1965 to 1969, the Dow Chemical Company manufactured napalm B for the American armed forces. After news reports of napalm B's deadly and disfiguring effects were published, Dow Chemical experienced some boycotts of all its products, and its recruiters for new chemists, chemical engineers, etc., graduating from college were protested against on campuses. The management of the Dow Chemical Company decided that "its first obligation was the government". Meanwhile, napalm B became a ghastly symbol against the Vietnam War, and of all wars.[6]

I like having information at my fingertips......

I thought this thread was going to be something with substance until I get to the thrid reply
move along folks nothing to see here.

Development

Use of fire in warfare has a long history. Thickened burning compositions proved their advantages. The development of napalm was precipitated by the use of jellied gasoline mixtures by the Allied forces during World War II.[2] The latex that had been used in these early forms of incendiary devices became logistically impossible to use during the Pacific Theater of Operations, since natural rubber was next-to-impossible to obtain. (The Japanese Army had overrun all of the rubber plantations in Malaya, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand.)

This extreme shortage of natural rubber prompted the chemists at American companies such as Du Pont and Standard Oil, as well as researchers at Harvard University, to strive to develop factory-made alternatives - artificial rubber for all uses, including for vehicle tires, tank tracks, gaskets, hoses, medical supplies, rain clothing. A team of chemists lead by Louis Fieser at Harvard University was the first one to develop synthetic napalm, during 1942 for the U.S. Armed Forces.[1]

From 1965 to 1969, the Dow Chemical Company manufactured napalm B for the American armed forces. After news reports of napalm B's deadly and disfiguring effects were published, Dow Chemical experienced some boycotts of all its products, and its recruiters for new chemists, chemical engineers, etc., graduating from college were protested against on campuses. The management of the Dow Chemical Company decided that "its first obligation was the government". Meanwhile, napalm B became a ghastly symbol against the Vietnam War, and of all wars.[6]

gee, never knew Harvard was a "Confederate Southern "Christian" College"

;)

Development

gee, never knew Harvard was a "Confederate Southern "Christian" College"

;)

I was making a joke. We know Confederate Conservative Republican Colleges don't "discover" anything. They make shit up.

Apparently education does not bestow intelligence though. If it did you would not be trying to claim that science has anything to do with politics, especially since I have already proven that your hero Obama is just as bad about allowing real science to flourish as Bush was.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat, which is why I can point out that most politicians, from both parties, are total ignoramuses when it comes to science.Remember that for every comment you make about politics and science I can counter with another that proves your assumptions wrong, you should have learned by now that mixing politics and science when I am around only gets you called on your hypocrisy.

By the way, just because someone opposes federal subsidies of education and national standards it does not mean they are anti education. Did you know that California actually lowered their academic standards in order to receive federal money that is tied to Obama and Duncan's Race to the Top program? Were the many teachers, who are largely Democrats, all anti education when they fought that move?

But there is a point about conservative Christian colleges not being too useful for discoveries.

When was the last time you heard of a good invention coming out of one of them?

What are electrons made of? It's blowin my mind mannnnn!!!

Find out and come back and tell us.

From what I found coupled with my lack of ability to comprehend physics it appears electrons are a type of lepton and they are considered fundamental- meaning it cant be broken down any further. My research was done in about 4 minutes using the internet so dont take it for fact necessarily. It still seems like they would be made of something. Like an entire universe. I bet someday we will know. Mind blowing!

All I knew was "really, really small". Thanks.

But there is a point about conservative Christian colleges not being too useful for discoveries.

When was the last time you heard of a good invention coming out of one of them?

I'd settle for the "first" time.

I am always reminded of the comments of my physics prof discussing electron microscopes. Its like studying the trajectory of the flight of a baseball by bouncing machine gun bullets off of it. While I would like to think this is real, I won't hold my breath until confirmation. But keep trying. Pappadave.

Everyone knows electrons are a "liberal" invention. The Bible says we are dust and to dust we shall return. :eusa_angel: :eusa_pray: :evil:

Forum List

Back