We all know why Obama wants immigrants considered "legal"

President Bush went around congress and gave priviledge to illegals when exactly? link it.

Busch did not bypass Congress,

CC might be referring to the Law Congress passed in 2001 allowing illegals already here to pay 1,000.00 and apply for citizenship without leaving the Country.

Quite a different thing than Obama is doing

Bush made presidential decrees and mandates, he "went around" Congress as you like to say. As afar as illegals, Bush did nothing to control the problem.

Of course he did nothing the mitigate the problem. Industry loves cheap labor they can push around and abuse.

CC might be referring to the Law Congress passed in 2001 allowing illegals already here to pay 1,000.00 and apply for citizenship without leaving the Country.

Bush made presidential decrees and mandates, he "went around" Congress as you like to say. As afar as illegals, Bush did nothing to control the problem.

All Presidents do that. However please tell me specifically Which Existing Law Bush Publicly Announced he was no longer going to Enforce?

Executive Orders are fine, But Picking and choosing which Existing law you want to Enforce is not. Period.

First we had Motor Voter bill that encouraged the illegal aliens to get drivers' license and then vote for Democrats.
Next we had Community Reinvestment Act /Acorn/Obama 1995 lawsuit against Citibank which encourage people who should have NEVER bought properties to buy ,flip,buy... and vote Democrat!
Results... housing bubble bust!
Now we have the progeny of Motor Voter/CRA! Again all to gin up Democrat voters.

Thank goodness though Latino vote constitutes As the largest ethnic minority group, they already number 50.5 million However, only 21 million Latinos are eligible to vote!
So even if Obama gets say the 1 million that will be affected by his amnesty program..
STILL NOT enough to keep him from re-election!
A record-high 40% of Americans identified as political independents in 2011, and THEY are swinging away from their 2008 vote for Obama!

so the only people who lost their homes were democrats?

considering most of the sub prime loans were to democrats...you know the people who can pay....I'd say it's a good assumption.

It's politics. He needs the votes. This isn't about "being nice." I am shocked at how obvious this is.

And for the record, I should have made the title, "We all know why Obama wants illegal aliens considered "legal"" for clarification purposes, I am not against lawful immigration.

They wouldn't vote because they wouldn't have citizenship.

try again.

How would we know, liberals just want to take their word for it, nothing like the honor system!
And when has the constitution and law stopped the democrats from anything? They just get judge to rule in their favor.

It's politics. He needs the votes. This isn't about "being nice." I am shocked at how obvious this is.

And for the record, I should have made the title, "We all know why Obama wants illegal aliens considered "legal"" for clarification purposes, I am not against lawful immigration.

try again.

Um, you don't need citizenship to vote, people do it all the time since polling places don't check ID how would they know...or a pulse, if you are a democrat.

try again.

Um, you don't need citizenship to vote, people do it all the time since polling places don't check ID how would they know...or a pulse, if you are a democrat.

what are you talking about?

stop lying. i know it's difficult for you.

All Presidents do that. However please tell me specifically Which Existing Law Bush Publicly Announced he was no longer going to Enforce?

Executive Orders are fine, But Picking and choosing which Existing law you want to Enforce is not. Period.

he didn't even try to get rid of illegals and even told us that they were taking jobs that Americans don't want. So Obama is trying something different, since youguys think it is okay for rich peole, corporations and companies to hire these people in the first place which is why they are here. So what you are saying is that the companies, corporations and rich folk, not to mention farmers and construction contractors can hire these peole and the government should not go after those employing them but the president. If we had a 100 foot high fence with land mines and machine guns on the border killing people, then you would be happy?

Legal immigrants can't vote, dummy. Only citizens can.

try again.

You damn sure have had to in the states I have lived and voted.
Oklahoma
Missouri
Texas
Alabama
Washington D.C.
US Army
so tell me again in what states does a person just walk into an election booth and just start voting without being checked out after standing in line?

try again.

You damn sure have had to in the states I have lived and voted.
Oklahoma
Missouri
Texas
Alabama
Washington D.C.
US Army
so tell me again in what states does a person just walk into an election booth and just start voting without being checked out after standing in line?

the loon is going to talk about ACORN now ... watch him.

notwithstanding that there's a huge difference from "registering" someone and that person showing up and voting.

Legal immigrants can't vote, dummy. Only citizens can.

you know that.

and i know that.

but he's a liar and not very bright.

Gawd more of the Boooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhh did it first crap.

There is no secret Obama did this solely for political gain. If he was so concerned about these illegal aliens he could have pushed legislation through congress just like he did Obamacare. Remember Dems held both houses of Congress for four years, then they elected a Dem President. 2 whole years he could have "helped" them, he only chose to do this now because he thinks it will help him get reelected. I'm pretty sure Legal Americans can see right through this, especially the growing group of Independent voters.

It's a sad day in America when the President decides Congress is unnecessary. This is not the first time he's decided to ignore an existing law and create his own. It's even sadder that some Americans think it's OK.

The least we can look for is Unemployment to rise, as there will be more people "available for work", legally. Perhaps the numbers will be more realistic until the President decides they must be manipulated to his favor.

There is no secret Obama did this solely for political gain. If he was so concerned about these illegal aliens he could have pushed legislation through congress just like he did Obamacare. Remember Dems held both houses of Congress for four years, then they elected a Dem President. 2 whole years he could have "helped" them, he only chose to do this now because he thinks it will help him get reelected. I'm pretty sure Legal Americans can see right through this, especially the growing group of Independent voters.

It's a sad day in America when the President decides Congress is unnecessary. This is not the first time he's decided to ignore an existing law and create his own. It's even sadder that some Americans think it's OK.

The least we can look for is Unemployment to rise, as there will be more people "available for work", legally. Perhaps the numbers will be more realistic until the President decides they must be manipulated to his favor.

Is this why the repubs planned on doing this also?

Moonbutt, I feel pretty confident they would go through Congress. :cool:

Moonbutt, I feel pretty confident they would go through Congress. :cool:

So you think that not going through Congress is wrong, even though it has been done since Washington was president, in fact he started it?
Right now Congress can't even pass a budget, how is a piece of legislatin like this ever going to make it through, thanks to the GOP.

Last edited:
Link? According to this article there are only two valid reasons for going around Congress and pandering for votes isn't one.

Under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, the president has the duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” This provision was included to make sure that the president could not simply choose, as the British King had, to cancel legislation simply because he disagreed with it. President Obama cannot refuse to carry out a congressional statute simply because he thinks it advances the wrong policy. To do so violates the very core of his constitutional duties.

Executive Overreach - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Forum List

Back