Watched the new "Magnificent Seven" movie(spoiler inside)

Slave2the$

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2016
All the white guys die. A black man, a Mexican and Indian live. I NEVER SAW THAT COMING.

The one thing I am in complete shock over is that the bad guy( who is white) never used the N word. The bad guy is always a racist, Hollywood knows this, how did they forget? Maybe it was a deleted scene?

The movie was decent but did not feel as good as the original. In the original there was more interaction with the villagers and the kids. This movie was all about the 7. I liked the part in the original where the guys befriends the kids and then eventually dies to save them. Nothing like that here, they tried but missed.

Aside from the title, this movie has nothing to do with the original and nothing to do with reality. A multicultural grouping of whatever kind would never have happened. Denzel Washington would have been hanging from the nearest tree, the Asian would be in a mine, and the indian scalped and disemboweled. The mexican would be sent back to his village with buck shot up his ass.

Aside from the title, this movie has nothing to do with the original and nothing to do with reality. A multicultural grouping of whatever kind would never have happened. Denzel Washington would have been hanging from the nearest tree, the Asian would be in a mine, and the indian scalped and disemboweled. The mexican would be sent back to his village with buck shot up his ass.
Sure I can totally understand that reality. Your probably spot on. But this is Hollywood, I don't mind a story like this. The diversity of characters getting together to do some good and defeat a bad guy is great. The problem is that Hollywood seems to go waaaayyyy out of their way to be pc.

You know what would be an amazing idea? Let's make a movie where the bad guy is a black racist who goes around killing and hanging white people. People would be like"what the fuck! I've never seen anything like that from Hollywood. I'm going to go see this on opening night!". "Hell I thought Hollywood had run out of original ideas 30 years ago!". It would be a blockbuster.

Sure I can totally understand that reality. Your probably spot on. But this is Hollywood, I don't mind a story like this. The diversity of characters getting together to do some good and defeat a bad guy is great. The problem is that Hollywood seems to go waaaayyyy out of their way to be pc.

You know what would be an amazing idea? Let's make a movie where the bad guy is a black racist who goes around killing and hanging white people. People would be like"what the fuck! I've never seen anything like that from Hollywood. I'm going to go see this on opening night!". "Hell I thought Hollywood had run out of original ideas 30 years ago!". It would be a blockbuster.
A movie like this works as a comedy or a spoof. I thought it was going to be on the order of Blazing Saddles. You're talking about Django Unchained.

Forum List

Back