Watch: woman removed for asking Bernie Sanders to give up jet travel while talking climate change

Why are conservatives so stupid?

If you want to cut back on carbon emissions, that means you must end all emissions

Then they should give up their private jets huh?

It's not practical for Bernie and other politicians to stop traveling by air. Do you not see that? He is attempting to win a national election. It's an impossible request intended to make him look bad. It also underlines a big part of the problem with carbon emissions; we need this shit just as much as we need to move past it. Bernie's contribution to carbon emissions is inconsequential. The problem cannot be addressed at an individual level, obviously.

Anybody that thinks it's reasonable to tell people that have obligations all over the country/world that they should stop flying as to not be a hypocrite is a fucking idiot. God so many of you are so fucking stupid and easily manipulated by the propaganda specially molded for you that it's hard to have the patience to even have a conversation.

Stop being a fucking moron, please.

It's not practical for Bernie and other politicians to stop traveling by air. Do you not see that? He is attempting to win a national election. It's an impossible request intended to make him look bad. It also underlines a big part of the problem with carbon emissions; we need this shit just as much as we need to move past it. Bernie's contribution to carbon emissions is inconsequential. The problem cannot be addressed at an individual level, obviously.

Anybody that thinks it's reasonable to tell people that have obligations all over the country/world that they should stop flying as to not be a hypocrite is a fucking idiot. God so many of you are so fucking stupid and easily manipulated by the propaganda specially molded for you that it's hard to have the patience to even have a conversation.

Oh good, then I won’t fucking worry about my emissions. No big deal.

Oh, and by the way moron. What part of “private.jets” escapes your comprehension?

Oh good, then I won’t fucking worry about my emissions. No big deal.

As an individual you really shouldn't too much as it's quite impractical. Only collective efforts will make a real impact. The problem is you don't support the scientists and politicians that are saying we should try to do something about the emissions. You stand opposed to collective efforts and don't care to make an individual effort. Using individual examples to undermine desires to make a collective plan makes you either a moron or a snake. Which is it?

Without individual effort there is no collective effort.

People are too stupid and selfish to be counted on as individuals. That's where the government becomes a vital tool in this struggle. The government can create a collective push if we allow it to. I don't like the government any more than the next guy, but we can't do this without it. Difficult choices must be made.

Difficult choices must be made.
The gov't makes choices difficult by doing stupid things- it is made up of people in case you hadn't noticed, and "collectively" it looks out for itself and it perpetuation. It cares not a whit about you or your thoughts or beliefs. Some (maybe) of the people (individuals) in gov't MAY care- but they are no smarter "collectively" than you or anyone else in determining what is best for you.
The earth has adapted long before you, or the gov't- man adapted long before you or the gov't.. Individual effort will help adapt- gov't mandates bog down the process requiring legal authority given by those whose only desire is self perpetuation. Bureaucrats.

Man will adapt or go extinct in spite of the gov't intrusion.
The greater good is achieved through individual effort- it is self perpetuating. Without individual effort the collective effort ceases to exist.

Without individual effort there is no collective effort.

People are too stupid and selfish to be counted on as individuals. That's where the government becomes a vital tool in this struggle. The government can create a collective push if we allow it to. I don't like the government any more than the next guy, but we can't do this without it. Difficult choices must be made.
Oh I get it. I should give up driving and flying but not Bernie? Right?

Man will adapt or go extinct in spite of the gov't intrusion.

If we have to count on everyday people like Willow to do their part in the struggle we have already lost. A mandate is our only shot at moving big pieces and really making dents in this problem.

Oh I get it. I should give up driving and flying but not Bernie? Right?

I already told you that your individual contribution is also insignificant and that you shouldn't dwell on it too much. Your reading comprehension does not impress.

Nobody is going to be forced to stop driving or flying...

It's painful that it feels necessary to point out something so obvious. I don't know what reasonable mandates could be concocted. It's something that should be discussed. We obviously can't just force people to stop using fossil fuels. Our economy and world depend on them for now. The process will have to be incremental with us doing what we can when it becomes possible.

Why are conservatives so stupid?

If you want to cut back on carbon emissions, that means you must end all emissions
^
I love irony.
UN Obama regulated us to death and sold our coal, dirt cheap, to give China the opportunity to take over our manufacturing dominance by emitting to their heart's content:
upload_2020-2-23_16-2-3.jpeg

And you bought it...

UN Hillary's plan was to cripple us some more in favor of the Pacific Rim. We chose American prosperity instead.

Personally I think science will be our salvation. I'm not all doom and gloom like the AOC crowd. Humanity got this far and we ain't done yet. If I was going to make a mandate it would involve extreme funding of science. If we focus we can design the technology that will fix these problems. Believe is science.

Nobody is going to be forced to stop driving or flying...

It's painful that it feels necessary to point out something so obvious. I don't know what reasonable mandates could be concocted. It's something that should be discussed. We obviously can't just force people to stop using fossil fuels. Our economy and world depend on them for now. The process will have to be incremental with us doing what we can when it becomes possible.
So what will we be doing?

So what will we be doing?

Science has given us everything. Your entire world was built by it. I believe it is science that will save the day. If it were up to me we'd be pumping money into R&D to create the kinds of technology we need to fight this problem. Don't underestimate human ingenuity.

Forum List

Back