WashPost Media Reporter: Trump-Book Author Accused of Inventing Quotes

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
It didn't take long for the truth about the Wolff book to start leaking out. It shouldn't take long before it's totally discredited. I can hear the snowflakes crying already.

On the front of Thursday's Style section, Washington Post media reporter Paul Farhi wrote a piece on blazing-hot author Michael Wolff and his Trump book Fire and Fury. The headline was "A whale of a Trump tale, but is it fishy?" Inside, the headline is "Wolff made up quotes, some of his sources say."

After recounting all the hot stories about Trump and his former aide Steve Bannon, that revelation is tucked inside on page C-4:

Wolff, for example, writes that Thomas Barrack Jr., a billionaire friend of Trump’s, told a friend that Trump is “not only crazy, he’s stupid.” Barrack on Wednesday denied to a New York Times reporter that he ever said such a thing.

Katie Walsh, a former White House adviser, has also disputed a comment attributed to her by Wolff, that dealing with Trump was “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders added her own skepticism during her daily briefing on Wednesday. “We know the book has a lot of things, so far that we’ve seen, that are completely untrue,” she said. She was not specific, but Sanders added that Wolff’s characterizations of White House operations were “the opposite of what I saw.”

Wolff, 64, has said his book was based on 200 interviews with White House and campaign staffers, including Bannon. He didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment.

We should expect that NBC's exclusive interview with Wolff on Friday's Today will focus on the fake-news question. Farhi also found this pattern in Wolff's media columns for New York magazine:

Judith Regan, then a hotshot book editor who had been a classmate of Wolff’s at Vassar, vigorously disputed almost every paragraph of Wolff’s column about her. She said she hadn’t had a personal conversation with Wolff in 30 years.

Wolff’s response: “She doesn’t speak to me. . . . I suppose the world is full of people who no longer speak to me.”

New Republic columnist Andrew Sullivan accused Wolff of putting words in his mouth when Wolff wrote in 2001 that Sullivan “believes that he is the most significant gay public intellectual in America today.” Sullivan said he never made any such claim.

Farhi also thought it was fishy for Wolff to claim Trump didn't know who John Boehner was when Fox News boss Roger Ailes recommended him as a chief-of-staff pick. This is how the story ended:

Even Wolff’s anecdote about Trump being unaware of who Boehner was last year seems a bit suspect. The reason? Trump had tweeted about Boehner multiple times since 2011. In September 2015, for example, Trump tweeted this: “Wacky @glennbeck who always seems to be crying (worse than Boehner) speaks badly of me only because I refuse to do his show — a real nut job!”

Trump-bashers on MSNBC are already making excuses. Host Stephanie Ruhle championed the view that “Even if not all of it is true, the spirit of the book is."

It didn't take long for the truth about the Wolff book to start leaking out. It shouldn't take long before it's totally discredited. I can hear the snowflakes crying already.

On the front of Thursday's Style section, Washington Post media reporter Paul Farhi wrote a piece on blazing-hot author Michael Wolff and his Trump book Fire and Fury. The headline was "A whale of a Trump tale, but is it fishy?" Inside, the headline is "Wolff made up quotes, some of his sources say."

After recounting all the hot stories about Trump and his former aide Steve Bannon, that revelation is tucked inside on page C-4:

Wolff, for example, writes that Thomas Barrack Jr., a billionaire friend of Trump’s, told a friend that Trump is “not only crazy, he’s stupid.” Barrack on Wednesday denied to a New York Times reporter that he ever said such a thing.

Katie Walsh, a former White House adviser, has also disputed a comment attributed to her by Wolff, that dealing with Trump was “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders added her own skepticism during her daily briefing on Wednesday. “We know the book has a lot of things, so far that we’ve seen, that are completely untrue,” she said. She was not specific, but Sanders added that Wolff’s characterizations of White House operations were “the opposite of what I saw.”

Wolff, 64, has said his book was based on 200 interviews with White House and campaign staffers, including Bannon. He didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment.

We should expect that NBC's exclusive interview with Wolff on Friday's Today will focus on the fake-news question. Farhi also found this pattern in Wolff's media columns for New York magazine:

Judith Regan, then a hotshot book editor who had been a classmate of Wolff’s at Vassar, vigorously disputed almost every paragraph of Wolff’s column about her. She said she hadn’t had a personal conversation with Wolff in 30 years.

Wolff’s response: “She doesn’t speak to me. . . . I suppose the world is full of people who no longer speak to me.”

New Republic columnist Andrew Sullivan accused Wolff of putting words in his mouth when Wolff wrote in 2001 that Sullivan “believes that he is the most significant gay public intellectual in America today.” Sullivan said he never made any such claim.

Farhi also thought it was fishy for Wolff to claim Trump didn't know who John Boehner was when Fox News boss Roger Ailes recommended him as a chief-of-staff pick. This is how the story ended:

Even Wolff’s anecdote about Trump being unaware of who Boehner was last year seems a bit suspect. The reason? Trump had tweeted about Boehner multiple times since 2011. In September 2015, for example, Trump tweeted this: “Wacky @glennbeck who always seems to be crying (worse than Boehner) speaks badly of me only because I refuse to do his show — a real nut job!”

Trump-bashers on MSNBC are already making excuses. Host Stephanie Ruhle championed the view that “Even if not all of it is true, the spirit of the book is."
We know trump is crazy and stupid He proves it every day You going to argue against the tapes ?? False tapes ?? lol

If its fake, why hasnt bannon refuted it?
I mean, he responded to trumps outrage..

We know trump is crazy and stupid He proves it every day You going to argue against the tapes ?? False tapes ?? lol

No one has heard these tapes, so what is there to argue against? They must be like the evidence Mewler supposedly has on Trump collusion with Russia: no one has seen it, but they just know it's a show stopper!

Man you guys buy his hyperbole and his twitter like Gospel.......you guys are still dumb, you don't get it do you?

No one has heard these tapes, so what is there to argue against? They must be like the evidence Mewler has on Trump collusion with Russia: no one has seen it, but they just know it's a show stopper!
excellent point.....

No one has heard these tapes, so what is there to argue against? They must be like the evidence Mewler supposedly has on Trump collusion with Russia: no one has seen it, but they just know it's a show stopper!
Wolfe is on tv tomorrow Maybe he'll bring the tapes I like the Ivanka is dumb as a brick one

So the idiot uses NEWSBUSTERS as a source. The farthest right wing site on the web.

We know trump is crazy and stupid He proves it every day

Can you back up your claim, I'll just be standing over here NOT holding my breath for you to back up that whopper. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
Blues anyone older than 21 of sound mind and body can tell this ah in our white house is playing with a loose deck and maybe even some younger than 21 can tell His is bigger??? Really ?? Your president?

Wolfe is on tv tomorrow Maybe he'll bring the tapes I like the Ivanka is dumb as a brick one

did you see this film?

Born Rich (2003) - IMDb

Michael Wolff’s Book really struck a nerve with Trump and his cult.
It must have given them near heart attacks to hear T’s staff call him a moron and worse

Michael Wolff’s Book really struck a nerve with Trump and his cult.
It must have given them near heart attacks to hear T’s staff call him a moron and worse
I just hope when he goes completely bonkers he doesn't have the nuke suitcase around

Totally surprising turn of events. No one could have seen it coming...

Did you know some people on this forum think you are my sock puppet? :lol:

I shit you not.

Totally surprising turn of events. No one could have seen it coming...
Will you be ready to see trump go crazy ?? His lawyers are pacifying him now by warning wolfe and bannon with law suites He's been ranting and raving Just a matter of time before they drag the crazy pos out of the WH

I suspect he did make things up. Several sources I’ve seen are saying that.

Pretty much just normal for a journalist nowadays anyway

Did you know some people on this forum think you are my sock puppet? :lol:

I shit you not.
LOL I was gonna warn you bri was here lol

Forum List

Back