Washington Post Exposes Valerie Plame.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by PoliticalChic, Jan 4, 2011.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,920
    Just when you think you know the neighborhood...the whole landscape changes.
    OK, so there's been a huge shift at CNN...at least of the disseminators.
    Now...the Washington post pulls the curtain off the Valerie Plame mythology!
    Yes...the paper I've always known as the "Washington Com-Post"!!!

And then President Obama spilled the beans on left-wing propaganda, i.e., that low taxes don't build the economy? Thirty years of Democrat talking points, shredded!!

So, you don't think the Tea Party movement is earth-shaking?

Only the lefties on the USMB didn't get the memo.

Check out this from the WaPo editorial:

1. "In fact, "Fair Game," based on books by Mr. Wilson and his wife, is full of distortions - not to mention outright inventions. To start with the most sensational: The movie portrays Ms. Plame as having cultivated a group of Iraqi scientists and arranged for them to leave the country, and it suggests that once her cover was blown, the operation was aborted and the scientists were abandoned. This is simply false. In reality, as The Post's Walter Pincus and Richard Leiby reported, Ms. Plame did not work directly on the program, and it was not shut down because of her identification.

2.The movie portrays Mr. Wilson as a whistle-blower who debunked a Bush administration claim that Iraq had tried to purchase uranium from the African country of Niger. In fact, an investigation by the Senate intelligence committee found that Mr. Wilson's reporting did not affect the intelligence community's view on the matter, and an official British investigation found that President George W. Bush's statement in a State of the Union address that Britain believed that Iraq had sought uranium in Niger was well-founded.

3. "Fair Game" also resells the couple's story that Ms. Plame's exposure was the result of a White House conspiracy. A lengthy and wasteful investigation by a special prosecutor found no such conspiracy - but it did confirm that the prime source of a newspaper column identifying Ms. Plame was a State Department official, not a White House political operative.

4. Hollywood has a habit of making movies about historical events without regard for the truth; "Fair Game" is just one more example.

5. Mr. Wilson claimed that he had proved that Mr. Bush deliberately twisted the truth about Iraq, and he was eagerly embraced by those who insist the former president lied the country into a war. Though it was long ago established that Mr. Wilson himself was not telling the truth - not about his mission to Niger and not about his wife - the myth endures. We'll join the former president in hoping that future historians get it right. "
    Hollywood myth-making on Valerie Plame controversy

OMG....Washington Post....I think I'm about to have the vapors.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I keep conveniently forgetting that the movie is coming out.

I cant believe the way hollywood lies sometimes.

3. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,661
    I can.

Its all about the box office

Who want a little thing like facts to get in the way of a whopping good story??

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Disinformation follows us like a plague.

5. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
  6. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,920
    Now, I just want to be sure that I have the reason for your post correct...are you suggesting that the White House was behind some byzantine plot to reveal the hidden name of a covert spy and, Wilson was brave enough to reveal that the President of the United States was participating in a plot to lie the nation into a war...

Or

are you sane?

7. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,749
    How refreshingly and surprisingly honest of the WaPo!

Too bad they didn't apply such critical thinking to the original fracas!

8. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    Hollywood, rewriting history again????
    Anyway, I see this movie as a "straight to /DVD/video" movie. America wasn't interested when all the Plame/Cheney/Rove/Libby stuff went down, so they are going to be interested now?

9. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,920
    What a casual way to pretend that the Plame myth didn't represent a nasty, left-wing perpetuation of an attempt to slander and besmirch the President of the United States, and the members of one of the major parties by using the 'useful idiots' who were willing to believe the worst, and 'eagerly embraced by those who insist the former president lied the country into a war.'

Techy, you may pretend that you don't recall the vitriol and venom, or you may actually have forgotten... but those who spread the lies cannot be excused with the detached "Disinformation follows us like a plague..." as though it was some sort of unforseen accident.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,920
    Of course you are dead wrong.

I cannot dispute whether of not you were interested at the time...but it was the topic of every Sunday talk show, constant newspaper editorials, and actually resulted in a man's career ended and him sent to prison.

Now, so many seem content to pretend that we are speaking of a movie, when it was the nadir of left wing politics of personal destruction...The ongoing method that the left has of dealing with political enemies.