Comic Movies....

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Dec 15, 2008
L.V...Nev
anyone see the trailors for the Green Lantern....or just out Thor......both coming this Summer along with Captain America?...

anyone see the trailors for the Green Lantern....or just out Thor......both coming this Summer along with Captain America?...

Thor looks good! Haven't seen Green Lantern, but the Green Hornet (one I like) is poorly cast. Seth Rogen? Please he isn't superhero material and the Cato guy doesn't live up to the high bar Bruce Lee set!

The Thor trailer looked good, with Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin. I'm hoping that Loki gets screen time.

I look forward to Green Lantern, and Ryan Reynolds is a good casting choice.

I wish that Green Hornet had casted John Cho, from the Harold & Kumar movies, as Kato.

I know nothing about the Captain America movie. I would hope that it takes place in the 1940s, and that they somehow introduce Namor, The SubMariner, for a future movie.

I hear that a Wonder Woman movie is in the works. I'll try to care.

I also hear that a Luke Cage, Power Man and Iron Fist movie is being considered. That could be good.

I am one of the apparent few who really enjoyed the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. He was good, Colin Ferrell was excellent as Bullseye, and Michael Clarke Duncan was 'interesting' as Kingpin. Supposedly, they are thinking of doing another Daredevil movie, written by Frank Miller (YAY!!!), and starring Jason Statham, who I think would be great.

"The Avengers" will be written and directed by Joss Whedon of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fame. It will star Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (the Hulk), Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

But that movie will not include Vision. Boo!

Excelsior!

'nuff said!

Thor looks good! Haven't seen Green Lantern, but the Green Hornet (one I like) is poorly cast. Seth Rogen? Please he isn't superhero material and the Cato guy doesn't live up to the high bar Bruce Lee set!

well would anyone live up to the bar Bruce set.....the guy was to dam good and dynamic...BUT Seth Rogen had a point about his casting....he said when you watched the Original....did you even pay attention to Van Williams?....or were you just watching Bruce Lee....:eusa_eh:

The Thor trailer looked good, with Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin. I'm hoping that Loki gets screen time.

I wish that Green Hornet had casted John Cho, from the Harold & Kumar movies, as Kato.

I know nothing about the Captain America movie. I would hope that it takes place in the 1940s, and that they somehow introduce Namor, The SubMariner, for a future movie.

I also hear that a Luke Cage, Power Man and Iron Fist movie is being considered. That could be good.

I am one of the apparent few who really enjoyed the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. He was good, Colin Ferrell was excellent as Bullseye, and Michael Clarke Duncan was 'interesting' as Kingpin. Supposedly, they are thinking of doing another Daredevil movie, written by Frank Miller (YAY!!!), and starring Jason Statham, who I think would be great.

"The Avengers" will be written and directed by Joss Whedon of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fame. It will star Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (the Hulk), Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

But that movie will not include Vision. Boo!

Excelsior!

'nuff said!

well Loki is the Villain here so im sure he will....

Reynolds is great....at least the guy has read Comics and is familiar with his Character

does Cho know the Martial Arts?.....this guy they picked i heard is a Martial Artist at least....i could be wrong....

it does start off in the 40's.....i dont know how long it stays there....but i hear that they changed things to be politically Correct for the rest of the World....like his Costume....the Red Skull is the Villain.....so this one may be doomed before it hits the theators....

depends on who plays WW to me....

same with these movies....i hear Ray Park is cast as Iron Fist....if Luke Cage aint one hell of a big guy then that movie will suck....

im with ya Synth.....i thought DD was excellent....and well done....

if Wheadon doesnt fuck it up....

Last edited:

well would anyone live up to the bar Bruce set.....the guy was to dam good and dynamic...BUT Seth Rogen had a point about his casting....he said when you watched the Original....did you even pay attention to Van Williams?....or were you just watching Bruce Lee....:eusa_eh:

You were watching Van Williams. The Green Hornet was a bad ass also, not just Cato. Rogen's casting ruins the movie for me! Just too unbelievable that he is the Green Hornet.

Side Note: I just saw the trailer for Green Latern is looks awesome!

these comic adaptions are very digital to me: Totally fail or brainstorming good.

The worst i´ve seen:

Electra
Dare Devil
Spawn

and the most evil and trashiest of all

the punisher

The best:

Watchmen

Sin City

The Green Hornet looks fantastic, I'm cautiously optimistic about Thor. Green Lantern should be a solid movie, though it's moving away from the "realism" that we've had with comic book hero movies the last decade. I'm also really looking forward to Captain America, Hugo Weaving is going to be great.

Hilarious and great trailer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIcDUG4gFEY[/ame]

these comic adaptions are very digital to me: Totally fail or brainstorming good.

The worst i´ve seen:

Electra
Dare Devil
Spawn

the punisher

The best:

Watchmen

Sin City

Worst:
DareDevil, Original Batman (after the first one), Punisher, Superman Returns, All the Superman After the 2nd one

Best:
Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Watchmen, Sin City, Spiderman 1, 2 & 3 (one of the few that loved this one), The Incredible Hulk (with Ed Norton), Xmen 1, 2 & 3, The Incrediables and Breakable

The worst i´ve seen:

Electra
Dare Devil
Spawn

the punisher

The best:

Watchmen

Sin City

the Punisher...the latest one "War Zone"....was very true to the way the Punisher is....why was that on your shit list?....

The Green Hornet looks fantastic, I'm cautiously optimistic about Thor. Green Lantern should be a solid movie, though it's moving away from the "realism" that we've had with comic book hero movies the last decade. I'm also really looking forward to Captain America, Hugo Weaving is going to be great.

Hilarious and great trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIcDUG4gFEY

ok Bert tell me.....how is the Green Lantern moving away from this "Realism" you mention?...

Green Lantern looks horrible, but Thor looks watchable - at least from an eye candy perspective.

ok Bert tell me.....how is the Green Lantern moving away from this "Realism" you mention?...

With just about every superhero movie we've seen since Spiderman, comic book movies have been trying to achieve that "gritty, realistic" feeling for their superheroes as opposed to say Batman & Robin (1996). While that is certainly great, the problem is now after a decade the same kind of plot is shown in every movie series.

The Green Lantern is certainly aiming to be more humorous and more of a fun movie then dark movie. So perhaps the word "realism" is incorrect to use here. Though the Lantern ring itself could be considered "unrealistic."

This is why I'm looking forward to The Green Hornet movie. It's funny and badass looking at the same time.

That's not to say I don't enjoy many of the "gritty" movies that were released.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for starters, with TDK being one of my favorite films of all time. I really really enjoyed Watchmen, Spiderman 2, X-Men #1, and #2.

However, it has failed with films such as The Spirit, Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, the Fantastic Four films, Superman Returns (though I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex), and the Punisher movies.

You were watching Van Williams. The Green Hornet was a bad ass also, not just Cato. Rogen's casting ruins the movie for me! Just too unbelievable that he is the Green Hornet.

I'm willing to give Seth Rogen a chance. I think The Green Hornet will be a badass by the end of the film, he just has to grow into the role. I personally like the idea of the supposed "sidekick" being the more serious of the two for once. I'm also willing to give him a chance considering the amount of weight he lost to play the role. It shows to me that he's serious about doing a good job.

Funny that no one has mentioned X-Men: Origins. It's another one I enjoyed, while most fans did not.

Forum List

Back