• I dont support Gay Marriage or this proposal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I dont support Gay Marriage But am Ok if its a Civil Union

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I'm not gay so I dont care

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Table Set for DC Gay Marriage Debate | NBC Washington

The language in the bill states that a marriage is a union between 2 people, regardless of their sex.

What say you?
There is no need to change the definition of "marriage".
The definition of marriage has changed quite a bit through the years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else[/ame]
Likely there was no need to change it through the years. There is no need to change it now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else[/ame]
Likely there was no need to change it through the years. There is no need to change it now.
But it has changed through the years. You seemed to have missed that point.

The language in the bill states that a marriage is a union between 2 people, regardless of their sex.

What say you?

Outstanding! :clap2:

What say you?

What, exactly, are the objections to polyandry and polygamy?

The way they are writing it up they are excluding any marriage that includes more than 2 people.

Me Personally I dont object to gay people marrying or some lady having 5 husbands, as long as they all want to do that. Its not my place to judge them on it.

I think that all gays should at least be able to have a "civil union" if they want to live together like a married hetro couple does.....they should be able to have the same benefits, rights, AND responsibilities as a married hetro couple.

Meh, you know what I think of Wicrapedia anyway! :lol:

Anyhow, the polygamy was a redefinition of marriage. ;)

1)How would i know what you think of Wikipedia?

2)How so? Polygamy is quite common in nature. Hell, even the bible defines marriage as one man, several wives, and a few live-in whores of lower status than a wife. One man is said to have 700 wives and 300 live-in whores :eek: This goes back as far as we know, in many cultures , and may stem from the same evolutionary roots as the "harems" we see in many of the great apes. "Marriage" is simply a cultural/anthropological/religious term referring to a number of arrangements recognizing varying levels of sexual exclusiveness and solidifying political agreements and financial; transactions.

Last edited:
I think we have a good idea how Marion Barry will vote on it.
Barry calls gay marriage immoral at rally

By LOU CHIBBARO JR, Washington Blade
Apr 28 2009, 3:41 PM

D.C. Council member and former mayor Marion Barry (D-Ward 8) startled gay activists Tuesday by calling same-sex marriage immoral at a downtown rally organized by an anti-gay minister.

About 150 people turned out for the rally called by Bishop Harry Jackson of Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, Md.

Jackson, who had predicted more than 1,000 people would attend the event, called on city residents to demand that the Council vote down a same-sex marriage recognition amendment scheduled for a second and final vote May 5.
Barry calls gay marriage immoral at rally - Washington Blade

Man, is Barry an embarrassment.

Forum List

Back