Was this Planned? Ammo Manufacturer Plant Explosion Leaves Many Worried

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Was this Planned?

Ammo Manufacturer Plant Explosion Leaves Many Worried

14 Oct 2023 ~~

A Hornady plant in Nebraska had an explosion that resulted in one woman’s death and two others’ injuries.
Hornady is a leading ammo cartridges, components, and handloading equipment manufacturer.

Commentary:
Hmm...., At the same time Brandon cancels commercial sales from the Lake City plant.

Was this Planned?

Ammo Manufacturer Plant Explosion Leaves Many Worried

14 Oct 2023 ~~

A Hornady plant in Nebraska had an explosion that resulted in one woman’s death and two others’ injuries.
Hornady is a leading ammo cartridges, components, and handloading equipment manufacturer.

Commentary:
Hmm...., At the same time Brandon cancels commercial sales from the Lake City plant.

I doubt it is anything but a safety violation.
I don't think Hornady is significant in military supply. I have heard good things of their Critical Defense 9MM rounds, but I don't use them as too expensive and I am happy with my Federal Personnel Defense and LE rounds for carry, and will of course use any 124 gr solid for target practice on the range, as long as it is a factory load, not a reload. I have a supply of Winchester M855 if I need, but now mostly using Federal along with some very accurate Israeli 5.56, again price and serviceability in my weapon being the deciding factors. The anti-gun crowd would probably say wow, but I am not a huge stocker, by standards of many retired military I shoot with on ranges.
I do not believe the Hornady explosion will impact me much on price or availability. I'm good.

Not reading anything into this. There are more obvious causes of explosions at an ammunition factory.

Forum List

Back