Was Illinois justified in raising Taxes?

Government employees get a whole lot more than $28K a year. They also get a big lump sum payout when they retire & healthcare for life.

Cry me a river because even at $28K a year it is a hell of a lot more than the college grads I know making less than $14K a year & getting no benefits.

My uncle is an alderman in a large Illinois city & most of his family works for the city. They get big money & benefits as well as spreading around the government contracts to their friends.

What the hell did those college grads major in? Basketweaving?

Just a lowly millright, but I will just miss six figures this year, cracked that in 2008. Some of the kids just out of two years training on windmill maintenance are matching my income. Yep, lot's of overtime, a dirty greasy job that is physically and mentally challenging. Required multiple skills, and a pretty heavy investment in tools. Plus constant updating on new tools that are developed.

Perhaps some of these kids should have a look at what craftmen make. They might find that is an honest and good paying way to go.

I have a niece who graduated over a year ago from the state university with a 4 year degree in marketing & over $75,000 in debt on student loans. My brother & I told her she would make more sooner if she went to a trade school, but she was sucked in by the college recruters & did not listen to our experience. I understand she has applied at nearly a hundred places, but to date the best job she has landed is a part-time job at Macy's for $8.25/hr. She grossed around $11,000 for the entire year & most of that went to pay back student loans.

I do not see how pensioners think their retirement should be guaranteed by taxpayers at levels higher than the taxpayers can earn with the crap education these very pensioners charged these students for. It is an immoral scam & should be criminal.

Yep!! In today's economy that's exactly what I would do.....get a degree in marketing. :cool: It sounds to me that your niece simply made a bad choice of majors. :eusa_whistle: Had she become a nurse she would pretty much choose her work location and name her own salary.

As for the 2nd part of your post......You must be from a southern RTW state if nobody makes more than $28k a year (less than $15 per hour) in your state. In Illinois that ain't shit son.

The Government backed Union Pensions are the real problem. They promised the unions 8.5% earnings on their pensions but the subprime derivatives lost them money instead of making them that crazy high fictitious 8.5% plus government underfunded many of them. All of us commoners are stuck with our 401k's that took a hit & are not backed by government. But these government assholes cant loose their multi million dollar pensions. Guess who must pay to keep these retired officials, police, firemen & teachers living the high-life.

Ya.....my wife will sure be living the "high life" on her $28,000 a year teacher pension. :party:

And I happen to think that retired police and firefighters earn every penny of their pensions. They're the ones who will put their asses on the line just by you picking up the phone.

Government employees get a whole lot more than $28K a year. They also get a big lump sum payout when they retire & healthcare for life.

Cry me a river because even at $28K a year it is a hell of a lot more than the college grads I know making less than $14K a year & getting no benefits.

My uncle is an alderman in a large Illinois city & most of his family works for the city. They get big money & benefits as well as spreading around the government contracts to their friends.

Then I would move to that "big Illinois city" if I were you. :razz: YOU'RE family, right?

I guess someone stole my wife's "big lump sum" or she's hiding it from me since I asked her where it was and she had no idea.

Forum List

Back