Was George W. Bush A Good President?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
The man couldn't even speak English. He may have been a good guy to have a beer with, but he was not capable or qualified to be president, based on his actions and what came out of his mouth.
"I´m the commander -- see, I don´t need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That´s the interesting thing about being president."

The Bush Administration was a disaster.

It was so bad it is hard to figure our who was the real culprit. We figure Bush lacked the insight to produce the Bush Doctrine and that was fed to him.

He failed in:
Foreign Policy (Iraq War, Iran Arms Control, US reputation,...)
Economy(got a surplus left a record deficit)
Healthcare(Did nothing)
Education(pretended to do something but watch US retreat in standards)
Disaster Management (Katrina, 911 responders...)
Military(Vets Response, Homeland security misspending, no bid contracts, private contractors...)
Infrastructure(California Brown Outs, New Orleans levees, North east blackouts)

Post president,
GOP don't even invite to some of there big events.
He went painting while Jimmy Carter went saving millions of lives.

So it pretty bad.
Saying that I actually don't there was real malice in him, I just think he should have stayed in Baseball

And the lefts hard on for Bush is as strong today as ever.....

Odd that right wingers now join in saying shrub was a failure. If someone said he was a failure while he was still president, the right would call them unpatriotic and worse.

The man couldn't even speak English. He may have been a good guy to have a beer with, but he was not capable or qualified to be president, based on his actions and what came out of his mouth.
"I´m the commander -- see, I don´t need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That´s the interesting thing about being president."

The dumb right wing son-of-a-bitch assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to a paid off national debt. The first thing he did was cut taxes for his rich buds, not once but twice, 2001 and 2003 using reconciliation to block Democrat opposition, never cut spending a goddamned dime. Guess what??? The debt doubled from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion.
Starting two wars.....one totally unnecessary a no brainer.

Now the debt is so big that annual interest is more than the annual new spending was a few years ago.

DUUUUUUUUUHHH

I was a Republican for the first thirty years I voted. I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times. I even voted for Reagan once. When I saw what his agenda was, cutting taxes for the rich and borrowing from foreign banks to cover the shortfall, I didn't even go to the polls for twenty years. Now I've voted Democrat three times. I'm eighty years old and one thing I promise......I'll never vote for a Republican again. PERIOD!!!

The modern day Republican party has a fixed agenda:

1) Low Taxes for Corporations and Rich people. It's what has caused this:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

What adjusted for inflation the poorest half of this country is working for less than they were earning 30 years ago. The rich pricks don't realize that they can't have it all. The people working for them must have enough food to eat.

AFTER THOUGHT:

Notice that at the end of Bill Clinton's two terms the uppercrust was headed in a direction which made a lot more sense. Then....slowtalkin', slowwalkin, dumbass George cut taxes for the rich twice using reconciliation to block Democrat opposition.

Last edited:
You Libtards are unbelievable. Pres Bush is a thousand times the man Imam Hussein is and so much more poised and capable that there is no comparison.

Do you stick your heads in buckets of sand at night when you go to bed?

Depends what you mean by "good".

Good for one guy is bad for another.

Why Bush is good for the Right.

He managed to make a common enemy. This helps the US to get western countries on their side in the fight against terror etc. It stops criticism of the US, because apparently now the US is doing the right thing.

It allows the right to be "tough on terror", there have been threads on here that the country needs a president with balls unlike Obama etc etc. Something simply, easy to say, easy to prove, gets thick people on your side with little effort.

It gets the Republicans easy money from the Defense Industry and other companies that benefit.

It was all a war against OPEC anyway, trying to stop the cartel that Hugo Chavez was trying to empower again. Iran is next, you can see they're getting scared that Obama's Iranian deal will succeed and take away the opportunity to invade Iran if a Republican gets elected. Obama is probably doing the deal simply to stop a war happening.

It's a sick world where this sort of thing majorly benefits the political party that started the whole thing in the first place. But I am almost certain they started it knowing this would be the case.

The irony is that Reagan who they celebrate as having defeated the USSR, got rid of the one thing that gave the right purpose in life and politics.

You Libtards are unbelievable. Pres Bush is a thousand times the man Imam Hussein is and so much more poised and capable that there is no comparison.

Funny that you backed this up with nothing other than primary school level statements.

I would think that if he could not speak English the left would be thrilled with him. There are so many concessions we have to make for people who don't speak English in this country. Signs are in both English and Spanish because we have to compassionate but the minute that non English speaker is a republican president then he has to be hung.

I don't think bush was nearly as bad as Obama in terms of job creation however it is kind of refreshing to know that our government isn't pushing for war at every turn. I think that is the reason we may see demecratic presidents for a long time but also means we are going to see very high unemployment for a long time.

But -- But -- But he was a BUSINESSMAN and the Republicans keep telling us we need a Businessman to run the country!!

Somehow they ignore the fact we had two businessmen for President lately ( the Bushes ) and BOTH were COMPLETE DISASTERS.
=================

The Bush Administration was a disaster.

It was so bad it is hard to figure our who was the real culprit. We figure Bush lacked the insight to produce the Bush Doctrine and that was fed to him.

He failed in:
Foreign Policy (Iraq War, Iran Arms Control, US reputation,...)
Economy(got a surplus left a record deficit)
Healthcare(Did nothing)
Education(pretended to do something but watch US retreat in standards)
Disaster Management (Katrina, 911 responders...)
Military(Vets Response, Homeland security misspending, no bid contracts, private contractors...)
Infrastructure(California Brown Outs, New Orleans levees, North east blackouts)

Post president,
GOP don't even invite to some of there big events.
He went painting while Jimmy Carter went saving millions of lives.

So it pretty bad.
Saying that I actually don't there was real malice in him, I just think he should have stayed in Baseball

When right wingers attack the poster instead of the contents of the post they just admit they cannot refute what the poster said --- THEY LOST THE ARGUMENT.
=======

Funny that you backed this up with nothing other than primary school level statements.

GWB was not a bad President. At least he was socialized as an American, unlike all Presidente Negro Bama.

The dumb right wing son-of-a-bitch assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to a paid off national debt. The first thing he did was cut taxes for his rich buds, not once but twice, 2001 and 2003 using reconciliation to block Democrat opposition, never cut spending a goddamned dime. Guess what??? The debt doubled from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion.
Starting two wars.....one totally unnecessary a no brainer.

Now the debt is so big that annual interest is more than the annual new spending was a few years ago.

DUUUUUUUUUHHH

I was a Republican for the first thirty years I voted. I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times. I even voted for Reagan once. When I saw what his agenda was, cutting taxes for the rich and borrowing from foreign banks to cover the shortfall, I didn't even go to the polls for twenty years. Now I've voted Democrat three times. I'm eighty years old and one thing I promise......I'll never vote for a Republican again. PERIOD!!!

The modern day Republican party has a fixed agenda:

1) Low Taxes for Corporations and Rich people. It's what has caused this:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

What adjusted for inflation the poorest half of this country is working for less than they were earning 30 years ago. The rich pricks don't realize that they can't have it all. The people working for them must have enough food to eat.

AFTER THOUGHT:

Notice that at the end of Bill Clinton's two terms the uppercrust was headed in a direction which made a lot more sense. Then....slowtalkin', slowwalkin, dumbass George cut taxes for the rich twice using reconciliation to block Democrat opposition.
W added 5.5 trillion. Your boy wonder O has added 8.5 trillion with a year left to go.

Odd that right wingers now join in saying shrub was a failure. If someone said he was a failure while he was still president, the right would call them unpatriotic and worse.
Taz is now admitting Bush sucked. But they are saying that the reason he sucked was he was too much like Clinton and Obama. Can you believe that?

But -- But -- But he was a BUSINESSMAN and the Republicans keep telling us we need a Businessman to run the country!!

Somehow they ignore the fact we had two businessmen for President lately ( the Bushes ) and BOTH were COMPLETE DISASTERS.
=================
So is Businessman Trump.

Not especially, though I disagree with you to extent, his response was code for he has better things to do than play games with the media, he couldn't stand them.

Forum List

Back