Warships on their way to Libya...Obama on his way to Las Vegas

What's wrong wtih this picture?

How come every single American citizen KNEW that the White House traveled WITH George Bush, that other Bush, Reagan, Clinton and every single other president in our history.

And yet, the idiot rw's don't know that the White House travels WITH President Obama?

How did the rw get so damn dumb?

You're absolutely right; there is very little that a president can't do from wherever he is in the 21st century by phone, internet or videoconferencing. But that's not really the point; we've just had terrorists attack an embassy and kill our ambassador and three other Americans on the anniversary of one of the darkest days in recent memory. In a situation such as this, a President cancelling his scheduled campaign appearances and returning to the Oval Office while Marines and destroyers are on their way to the Middle East illustrates to the American public that he grasps the gravity of the situation. I doubt whether Reagan, either Bush or Clinton wouldn't have seen that.

Last edited:
Is there a reason the president has to be in the white house to have "intelligence briefings"?

No. But it would be nice if he would attend them wherever he is at.

I've debunked this in like 3 separate threads.

The presidential briefing is a daily file or memo, not a meeting. Yes, he often sits down and reviews sed file with intellegence officals. However it is not necessary that he do so as he still gets the file every day.

1) The US suspects the Libya and Cairo attacks were planned.

2) US Embassy protests continue.

3) Marines are on their way to protect embassies.

4) Warships are on their way to Lybia on a contigency basis.

5) No one is in the Oval Office for intelligence briefings.

6) Obama is in Las Vegas campaigning.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

U.S. Suspects Libya Attack Was Planned

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/w...-libya-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all

U.S. Embassy protests continue in Egypt

September 12, 2012 7:21 PM
U.S. Embassy protests continue in Egypt - CBS News

Deadly embassy attacks were days in the making

U.S. sends marines, warships to Libya after attack kills U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, 3 others

Originally published: September 12, 2012 7:46 AM
Updated: September 12, 2012 7:50 PM
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
U.S. sends marines, warships to Libya after attack kills U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, 3 others

This sums it up for me.

c8103b66aa15e2191a0f6a706700fd14.jpg

photo-5.jpg

The empty chair is making more and more sense to me every day.
Maybe you think the President should be in Libya?

What's wrong wtih this picture?

How come every single American citizen KNEW that the White House traveled WITH George Bush, that other Bush, Reagan, Clinton and every single other president in our history.

And yet, the idiot rw's don't know that the White House travels WITH President Obama?

How did the rw get so damn dumb?

You're absolutely right; there is very little that a president can't do from wherever he is in the 21st century by phone, internet or videoconferencing. But that's not really the point; we've just had terrorist attack an embassy and kill our ambassador and three other Americans on the anniversary of one of the darkest days in recent memory. In a situation such as this, a President cancelling his scheduled campaign appearances and returning to the Oval Office while Marines and destroyers are on their way to the Middle East illustrates to the American public that he grasps the gravity of the situation. I doubt whether Reagan, either Bush or Clinton wouldn't have seen that.

Now that is a valid point. I agree, it does send a message to have the president actually in the white house.

In this day and age, the President can get briefings where ever he is at. And it is beginning to look like this was an Al Queda payback for the number of people we have been killing in their upper echelon. Whomever the operators were in Libya, I am betting that they will have a very short time to live. One thing that this President has a very good record on is taking out people that kill Americans.

He's too busy to see Netanyahu, but not too busy to go in the David Letterman show, he's too busy to have meetings with his job council (since January), but he can go to fundraisers, he doesn't meet with cabinet members although there are crises all over Africa and in the Middle East, but he can't miss one campaign stop.

Are his intelligence people supposed to chase him around the nation? Or do everything over the phone. Isn't there ever a brainstorming meeting with more than one person to get a consensus of information?

never heard of a conference call or video?

50 Marines being sent to Libya KTVL CBS Channel 10 :: News - Top Stories - Marines head to Libya to reinforce security

I pray for their safety and I fear this may be the opening of a potential escalation.

Be grateful that President Obama has no interest in starting wars.

As he has shown us in the past, he gets the job done without thousands of dead Americans and a huge price tag.

WAR is the preference of the right.

Nobody prefers war.

50 Marines being sent to Libya KTVL CBS Channel 10 :: News - Top Stories - Marines head to Libya to reinforce security

I pray for their safety and I fear this may be the opening of a potential escalation.

Be grateful that President Obama has no interest in starting wars.

As he has shown us in the past, he gets the job done without thousands of dead Americans and a huge price tag.

WAR is the preference of the right.

Nobody prefers war.

Sometimes one has to wonder.

I don't see anything out of the norm.

That's the problem, the campaign season is too long. In fact that all any of these guys do.

1) The US suspects the Libya and Cairo attacks were planned.

2) US Embassy protests continue.

3) Marines are on their way to protect embassies.

4) Warships are on their way to Lybia on a contigency basis.

5) No one is in the Oval Office for intelligence briefings.

6) Obama is in Las Vegas campaigning.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

U.S. Suspects Libya Attack Was Planned

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/w...-libya-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all

U.S. Embassy protests continue in Egypt

September 12, 2012 7:21 PM
U.S. Embassy protests continue in Egypt - CBS News

Originally published: September 12, 2012 7:46 AM
Updated: September 12, 2012 7:50 PM
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

This sums it up for me.

c8103b66aa15e2191a0f6a706700fd14.jpg

photo-5.jpg

The empty chair is making more and more sense to me every day.

Clint Eastwood for President.

Is there a reason the president has to be in the white house to have "intelligence briefings"?

Do you have a copy of the president's schedule? Do you know that he hasn't attended any intelligence briefings? Of course you don't. Seek help for your Obama Derangement Syndrome. It appears to have rotted your brain.

Do you have a copy of the president's schedule? Do you know that he hasn't attended any intelligence briefings? Of course you don't. Seek help for your Obama Derangement Syndrome. It appears to have rotted your brain.

You Guys are an embarrassment. Maybe you should just apologize for having free will and surrender it, you know, become more Sharia Compliant. Better yet, relocate, show them how much you love them and their way of life. Embrace it. Let me know and I'll send you a Care Package of Vaseline, Knee Pads, and mints. You know what to do with the knee pads, the Vaseline you can use at both ends, and the mints are for after you have done your service. :eusa_drool:

You Guys are an embarrassment. Maybe you should just apologize for having free will and surrender it, you know, become more Sharia Compliant. Better yet, relocate, show them how much you love them and their way of life. Embrace it. Let me know and I'll send you a Care Package of Vaseline, Knee Pads, and mints. You know what to do with the knee pads, the Vaseline you can use at both ends, and the mints are for after you have done your service. :eusa_drool:

What on earth are you blathering about? Are you suggesting that Obama doesn't care about the situation overseas because he's a secret Muslim?

My gawd, you are stupid. It doesn't say much for the USMB admin that they made a psycho like you a moderator.

Forum List

Back