Warren's fantasy health care

Princess Two Tails says she will take away all union members health care. Make Wall Street pay. The 'the rich' pay. Make employers pay. (Ya that's going to keep the economy booming).
And all it's going to cost is 50 trillion bucks.
She has promised the 'middle class' won't have to pay a penny.
She is literally certifiable.
Elizabeth Warren says she would not raise middle class taxes for $52 trillion health care plan

Yet, Trumps plan for healthcare was......."Believe me it will be great!"

Let's be honest, you don't care what her plan is and in reality you don't understand it. You just know you've been told to not like it.
I think people are wanting some honesty........like the middle class is going to get squeezed in a big way.
Lay the chips on the table and let the people decide.....not through deception.
Trump couldn't get anything passed through the current House....no matter how good it was.

He couldn't get anything passed because he didn't have a plan.

You want honesty? Let's start with that.
I agree that the republicans didn't have a plan, I don't want a plan, I don't want to pay for your fucking healthcare.
I am really glad that he got rid of the individual mandate. There is the win for everybody, now let's peel the
rest of the healthcare apart

I get it, you don't want to live in a society. But this is America where we care about our fellow brothers and sisters.
Healthcare is not a right. Buy your own healthcare

Princess Two Tails says she will take away all union members health care. Make Wall Street pay. The 'the rich' pay. Make employers pay. (Ya that's going to keep the economy booming).
Elizabeth Warren says she would not raise middle class taxes for $52 trillion health care plan

Let's be honest, you don't care what her plan is and in reality you don't understand it. You just know you've been told to not like it.
I think people are wanting some honesty........like the middle class is going to get squeezed in a big way.
Trump couldn't get anything passed through the current House....no matter how good it was.

Meister conveniently forgets THE GOP HAD THE HOUSE FOR TRUMPY'S FIRST TWO YEARS.

That will be the Democrats fault too....somehow.

I agree that the republicans didn't have a plan, I don't want a plan, I don't want to pay for your fucking healthcare.
I am really glad that he got rid of the individual mandate. There is the win for everybody, now let's peel the
rest of the healthcare apart

I get it, you don't want to live in a society. But this is America where we care about our fellow brothers and sisters.
Healthcare is not a right. Buy your own healthcare

YOU can't afford your own healthcare.

I help pay for you.

You're welcome.

Well call my skeptical if not cynical, but everytime somebody says they don't want to pay for someone else's HC, I figure they're lying about wanting to give up their medicare in old age or their free stroke/cancer/accident coverage under Medicaid.

The bullshit of the faux libertarians aside, and back to the OP …..

I think Warren really can pay for this without more taxes on the middle class. She can't use her "wealth tax" because she's spent that elsewhere. (sort of like the gop spent the Obamacare money to pay for the first tax cut, so the second one is all borrowed money)

But there's no way she can pay for Medicare for all without clawing back every dime in tax cuts for employers to provide care, and every dime people would have to pay out of pocket for co-pays and uncovered doctor office visits. That is, it'd still have to cost workers as much out of pocket as what they have. And like Obama's fated "you can keep your insurance if you like it" promise, some people would do better and some worse under her plan. Not unless she finds a lot of money somewhere.

And the reality of her situation is that medicare for all is not a winning issue if people can't keep their private HC instead by opting out, and there's no way she can do THAT. She picked this issue to be as left as Bernie and be different from Biden. Ironically Biden would win on the economic issues, but he's old and his kid is not much better than Trump's spawn.

And there's no way for Warren to tack back to the middle now. She'd lose her own base.

Well, as Romney noted …. we all really do have health insurance without Obamacare. But for those without employer sponsored, they'd have to spend themselves down to Medicaid levels to access it. It's not really that hard though, because Medicaid let's families sort of cast out the ill family members without resources.

Trust me, I can afford my own healthcare, just like I did before your messiah came along
Of course you can, Mr. Buffet. LOL
I might surprise you, Bendog.
I'm SURE. I'm SURE YOU GOT BIZZILIONS.
No, I don't have "BIZZILIONS"

Do you have health insurance?

In the past 30+ years except for the amount my employer took from my paycheck for healthcare, my out of pocket including prescriptions was $0.00.

Most of that time health insurance was completely covered by my employer. The past ten years it was $25 a month.

I have not seen a doctor, been in a hospital, or taken any medication in over 30 years.

Why would I want to pay more.

The bullshit of the faux libertarians aside, and back to the OP …..

I think Warren really can pay for this without more taxes on the middle class. She can't use her "wealth tax" because she's spent that elsewhere. (sort of like the gop spent the Obamacare money to pay for the first tax cut, so the second one is all borrowed money)

But there's no way she can pay for Medicare for all without clawing back every dime in tax cuts for employers to provide care, and every dime people would have to pay out of pocket for co-pays and uncovered doctor office visits. That is, it'd still have to cost workers as much out of pocket as what they have. And like Obama's fated "you can keep your insurance if you like it" promise, some people would do better and some worse under her plan. Not unless she finds a lot of money somewhere.

And the reality of her situation is that medicare for all is not a winning issue if people can't keep their private HC instead by opting out, and there's no way she can do THAT. She picked this issue to be as left as Bernie and be different from Biden. Ironically Biden would win on the economic issues, but he's old and his kid is not much better than Trump's spawn.

And there's no way for Warren to tack back to the middle now. She'd lose her own base.

From Yahoo
Supporters of Medicare for All, the huge, single-payer government health plan backed by Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and several other Democratic presidential candidates, say it’s time to think big and move to a health plan that covers everyone. Getting there is a bit tricky, however. A variety of analyses estimate that Medicare for All would require at least $3 trillion in new spending. That’s about as much tax revenue as the government brings in now. So if paid for through new taxes, federal taxation would have to roughly double.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) has done voters a favor by spelling out what kinds of new taxes it would take to come up with that much money. Warren justifies many of her programs by saying all it would take is “two cents” from the wealthy. That’s a reference to her 2% wealth tax on ultra-millionaires. But Medicare for All would be so expensive that if you taxed top earners at 100%—that’s right, if you took all the income of couples earning more than $408,000 per year—you’d still fall far short. And everybody getting taxed at 100% would obviously stop working.

Okay, that won’t do it. So what will? CRFB outlined a variety of options. A 42% national sales tax (known as a valued-added tax) would generate about $3 trillion in revenue. But it would destroy the consumer spending that’s the backbone of the U.S. economy. A tax of that magnitude would be like 42% inflation, wrecking consumer budgets and the many companies that depend on them, from Walmart and Amazon to your local car dealer.
The Democratic plan for a 42% national sales tax

Last edited:
Indian Princess Liesalot says she is going raise $53 trillion for Medicare for all and not increase taxes on the middle class.

If you believe that horseshit then you are dumber than a doorknob.

Of course if you believed that then you were probably one of these idiots that believed Obama when he lied about Obamacare saving each American $2500 a year.
Well, she's not saying she's got a bigger better Obamacare that does't cost you a dime.

$50 trillion for free health care for all. $100 trillion for the Green New Deal. God only knows how many trillions for free college for everybody and their Little Brown Dog. Reparations. More welfare. Let the Illegals flood in and put them on welfare.

Princess Liesalot is promising everything to everybody and she doesn't give a shit how much it cost.

Sad thing is that these stupid gullible greedy uneducated low information Moon Bats that believed that Obamacare was going to save everybody $2500 a year in health care cost and that Obama wasn't going to raise taxes on anybody making less than $500k a year are the same morons that will vote for her.

Moon Bats are as ignorant of Economics as they are of History, Climate Science, Ethics, Biology and the Constitution.

Economy BOOMING, and this DeathRAT ASSHOLE thinks $52 TRILLION ISN'T going to increase your taxrs.....INSANE INDIAN!!!!....REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT to TURN US INTO VENEZUELA!!!

Americans are too exceptional to figure out how to do what the rest of the advanced post-industrial world has already accomplished. We'd rather pay more for healthcare with shittier outcomes. We "cannot afford" to invest in our society as others do because we have to rule the world militarily via endless bogus unconstitutional wars, interventions, coups, occupations,and our support of 73% of the world's dictatorships. We put our resources into what gives us meaning and expresses our values; slaughter.

Ranking 37th — Measuring the Performance of the U.S. Health Care System

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

World Health Organization’s Ranking of the World’s Health Systems
Some people fancy all health care debates to be a case of Canadian Health Care vs. American. Not so. According to the World Health Organization’s ranking of the world’s health systems, neither Canada nor the USA ranks in the top 25.

Improving the Canadian Healthcare System does not mean we must emulate the American system, but it may mean that perhaps we can learn from countries that rank better than both Canada and the USA at keeping their citizens healthy.
World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World
The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

The Commonwealth Fund report compares the U.S. with 10 other nations: France, Australia, Germany, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the U.K. were all judged to be superior based on various factors. These include quality of care, access to doctors and equity throughout the country. Results of the study rely on data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Health Organization and interviews from physicians and patients.

HOW BAD IS U.S. HEALTH CARE? AMONG HIGH-INCOME NATIONS, IT’S THE WORST, STUDY SAYS
As Republicans struggle to agree on a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, the Commonwealth Fund has rated the U.S. health care system as the worst among the 11 developed nations it analyzed as part of an evaluation conducted every three years. The think tank also rated the U.S. health care system as the worst-performing of the nations analyzed when the last evaluation was released in 2014.
The U.S. health care system has been rated the worst (by far) among high-income nations

How does the quality of the U.S. healthcare system compare to other countries?
Bench-marking U.S. quality measures against those of similarly large and wealthy countries is one way to assess how successful the U.S. has been at improving care for its population, and to learn from systems that often produce better outcomes. The OECD has compiled data on dozens of outcomes and process measures. Across a number of these measures, the U.S. lags behind similarly wealthy OECD countries (those that are similarly large and wealthy based on GDP and GDP per capita).In some cases, such as the rates of all-cause mortality, premature death, death amenable to healthcare, and disease burden, the U.S. is also not improving as quickly as other countries, which means the gap is growing.
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-start

Economy BOOMING, and this DeathRAT ASSHOLE thinks $52 TRILLION ISN'T going to increase your taxrs.....INSANE INDIAN!!!!....REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT to TURN US INTO VENEZUELA!!!

Any halfwit jackass that can disparage the name Pocahontas clearly has no understanding of his or her own nation's history; most don't even know the woman's name, it was not "Pocahontas". For befriending the Euros, she died in captivity in Britain. Turns out King Philip's assessment of the Euros was much more prescient.

As for Venezuela, we just failed, yet again, in a keystone cops attempt to topple their govt. Americans think they're so exceptional that they should decide who runs other nations, for our benefit. What was Venezuela's sin that led to the name of that country becoming a Pavlovian trigger for american partisanshitheads?

Venezuela booted out extractive foreign capitalist oil companies to keep them from doing to Venezuelans what they do to us.

Americans are too exceptional to figure out how to do what the rest of the advanced post-industrial world has already accomplished. We'd rather pay more for healthcare with shittier outcomes. We "cannot afford" to invest in our society as others do because we have to rule the world militarily via endless bogus unconstitutional wars, interventions, coups, occupations,and our support of 73% of the world's dictatorships. We put our resources into what gives us meaning and expresses our values; slaughter.

Some people fancy all health care debates to be a case of Canadian Health Care vs. American. Not so. According to the World Health Organization’s ranking of the world’s health systems, neither Canada nor the USA ranks in the top 25.

Improving the Canadian Healthcare System does not mean we must emulate the American system, but it may mean that perhaps we can learn from countries that rank better than both Canada and the USA at keeping their citizens healthy.

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

The Commonwealth Fund report compares the U.S. with 10 other nations: France, Australia, Germany, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the U.K. were all judged to be superior based on various factors. These include quality of care, access to doctors and equity throughout the country. Results of the study rely on data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Health Organization and interviews from physicians and patients.

HOW BAD IS U.S. HEALTH CARE? AMONG HIGH-INCOME NATIONS, IT’S THE WORST, STUDY SAYS
As Republicans struggle to agree on a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, the Commonwealth Fund has rated the U.S. health care system as the worst among the 11 developed nations it analyzed as part of an evaluation conducted every three years. The think tank also rated the U.S. health care system as the worst-performing of the nations analyzed when the last evaluation was released in 2014.
The U.S. health care system has been rated the worst (by far) among high-income nations

Bench-marking U.S. quality measures against those of similarly large and wealthy countries is one way to assess how successful the U.S. has been at improving care for its population, and to learn from systems that often produce better outcomes. The OECD has compiled data on dozens of outcomes and process measures. Across a number of these measures, the U.S. lags behind similarly wealthy OECD countries (those that are similarly large and wealthy based on GDP and GDP per capita).In some cases, such as the rates of all-cause mortality, premature death, death amenable to healthcare, and disease burden, the U.S. is also not improving as quickly as other countries, which means the gap is growing.
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-start
So we not only need to follow countries that are having their healthcare fail or being rationed. We need to do it because our healthcare is so bad that people that can afford it come here rather then have it done for free.

People are moving here but we have such bad healthcare they should be staying away.

Seems there is a slight problem.

Middle class be ready for your new definition... like about $25000

So we not only need to follow countries that are having their healthcare fail or being rationed. We need to do it because our healthcare is so bad that people that can afford it come here rather then have it done for free.

People are moving here but we have such bad healthcare they should be staying away.

Your healthcare is already rationed and americans go to Canada for meds; US pharma sells cheaper to Canadians than to you.

"Earlier this week the Commonwealth Fund released its annual Affordable Care Act Tracking Survey, and the news isn't good for consumers struggling to afford individual health insurance coverage.

The number of uninsured Americans has increased since 2016, according to the report, reversing years of decline since the ACA was passed in 2010. The number of uninsured adults between the ages of 19 and 64 rose to 15.5 percent in March 2018, up from 12.7 percent in 2016. An estimated 4 million people lost individual coverage during that period, while the number of people with employer-sponsored coverage stayed steady.

Adults with lower incomes -- about $30,000 for an individual and $61,000 for a family of four -- saw a much higher increase: 25.7 percent in March 2018 compared to 20.9 percent in 2016."
More Americans are going without health insurance

America simply chooses endless unconstitutional war and slaughter abroad over investing in its own society.

Trumps “plan” is simple, it always has been...it goes like this.....”Buy your own healthcare you lowlife piece of shit.” TA-DA!
See how easy that is...buy the best you yourself can afford...Simple right?
bUT HE'S FOR medicare and taxcuts for employers

Yep...He wants our elderly and those providing jobs taken care. The Party of filth and foreigners only gives two fucks about wetbacks and lowlife degenerates...FUCK THAT!

Your healthcare is already rationed and americans go to Canada for meds; US pharma sells cheaper to Canadians than to you.

"Earlier this week the Commonwealth Fund released its annual Affordable Care Act Tracking Survey, and the news isn't good for consumers struggling to afford individual health insurance coverage.

The number of uninsured Americans has increased since 2016, according to the report, reversing years of decline since the ACA was passed in 2010. The number of uninsured adults between the ages of 19 and 64 rose to 15.5 percent in March 2018, up from 12.7 percent in 2016. An estimated 4 million people lost individual coverage during that period, while the number of people with employer-sponsored coverage stayed steady.

Adults with lower incomes -- about $30,000 for an individual and $61,000 for a family of four -- saw a much higher increase: 25.7 percent in March 2018 compared to 20.9 percent in 2016."
More Americans are going without health insurance

America simply chooses endless unconstitutional war and slaughter abroad over investing in its own society.
Part of the increase in insurance has been due to the ACA and mandated coverage of preexisting conditions.

Medical facilities will be forced to close if the proposed Medicare for all goes into effect. Meaning rationing on a more massive scale. Long waits to see specialists, long distance travel to see them. Longer waits for non life threatening operations. All meaning rationing of healthcare.

Would be nice if a pharmaceutical company could develop new medicines for free and did not have to pay for trials before FDA approval. Unfortunately it does work that way in real life. So someone needs to pay for development. Of course we could always forgo new drugs and go with what we have now.

I vote for better healthcare and new drugs but I can understand those that think the idea should be for less as long as everyone is equally miserable.

Forum List

Back