Warren Explains To Romney Why Corporations Aren’t People: ‘People Have Hearts’

So - they get two votes then. One as a corporation, one as an alleged human.

Corporations can't vote.

This is about people not agreeing that corporations should be able to buy political ads or give money to candidates.

All a corporation is is a group of people and if those people want to pool their money to buy ads or give donations then so what?.

Unions are groups of people who do that very same thing.

Unions are corporations unto themselves. Commodity is Labour.

Wrong. Bzzzzzzzzzzz. False. Sorry Billy, you're going to have to repeat 11th grade civics class!.

Corporations can't vote.

This is about people not agreeing that corporations should be able to buy political ads or give money to candidates.

All a corporation is is a group of people and if those people want to pool their money to buy ads or give donations then so what?.

Unions are groups of people who do that very same thing.

Wrong. Bzzzzzzzzzzz. False. Sorry Billy, you're going to have to repeat 11th grade civics class!.
Screw off newbie. They ARE BIG LABOUR

Ahhhh, the dumb bitch is trying to make a comeback after lying about being an indian for decades......
You retards glom onto the most inane, meaningless bullshit. :lol:

Mass. voters don't give a shit.

You mean, inane, meaningless bullshit like pranking some classmates as a teen by putting on a police cap, badge, and sneaking up behind their car at a makeout point? THAT kind of meaningless, inane bullshit???

Ahhhh, the dumb bitch is trying to make a comeback after lying about being an indian for decades......

You mean, inane, meaningless bullshit like pranking some classmates as a teen by putting on a police cap, badge, and sneaking up behind their car at a makeout point? THAT kind of meaningless, inane bullshit???

^Gonna leave a huge mark. :lol:

Oooh. I'm a newbie so I couldn't possibly be able see your idiotic attempt to equate massive multinational corporations with unions as pure, uncut bullshit and rhetoric?

When you learn to deal with reality, come back, will you son?

What reality, yo? Explain to me how unions could possibly have the same kind of spending power and influence in elections. It's just not possibly, just looking at the maths. If you're saying that Organized Labor in this country is important politically, or even the biggest piece of the Democratic funding strategy, I'll give you that all day every day and twice on Sundays.

What I'm saying is that it's still not a fair fight, that's all.

I'm more interested in that inane bullshit about how he claimed to be a jobs creator at Bain, but as soon as you take a look into the actual facts you can see that the Bain business model was anything BUT create jobs. And then I like the inane bullshit about how once he was called on his utter lies about his record there, he decided to whine, pout and cry about how Bain isn't fair game.

That's the inane shit I like to focus on.

The most maddening consequence of the anti-corporate movement, is the resulting pro-union bias. Everybody hates the big bad corporation but loves the labor union movement. Well, what’s the difference? Unions are corporations too. They are in the business of selling labor. Don’t believe me? Try not paying your union dues and see what happens. You think the union bosses will take pity on you let you stick around anyway? Fat chance. That is because unions are inherently for-profit entities.

While labor unions have no outside shareholders, they do have well-defined stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation. Also just like any other corporations, those stakeholders seek to maximize their own benefit. Take the United Auto Workers union, for example. The UAW union is no more or less a corporation than General Motors (GM), Ford (F), or Microsoft (MSFT). Ford, as everybody knows, seeks to maximize profit for shareholders both over the short- and long-term. Likewise, unions simply seek to maximize the welfare of its members, who are the union’s shareholders in all but name. Does the connection between shareholder and union membership seem a bit abstract and tenuous for you? It shouldn't. There are many employee- and customer-owned corporations in America with a few of the most popular being Vanguard and State Farm Insurance. The structure of these corporations is legally, logically, and morally almost identical to that of most labor unions. Seen in this light, to be both anti-corporate and pro-union is an internally illogical position. They are one and the same.

Oooh. I'm a newbie so I couldn't possibly be able see your idiotic attempt to equate massive multinational corporations with unions as pure, uncut bullshit and rhetoric?

What reality, yo? Explain to me how unions could possibly have the same kind of spending power and influence in elections. It's just not possibly, just looking at the maths. If you're saying that Organized Labor in this country is important politically, or even the biggest piece of the Democratic funding strategy, I'll give you that all day every day and twice on Sundays.

When you learn to write? Come back. didn't read beyond 'yo'.

Ahahahahah! Ignore my point because of linguistic preferences. What a fucking dope.

Again, yes in structure you could compare the two. But that has more to do with them both being big organizations of human beings working collectively. My objection to the equation is this idea that that they have the same fiduciary power. They simply don't.

Ahahahahah! Ignore my point because of linguistic preferences. What a fucking dope.

Again, yes in structure you could compare the two. But that has more to do with them both being big organizations of human beings working collectively. My objection to the equation is this idea that that they have the same fiduciary power. They simply don't.

Unions then ARE corporations unto themselves in the real world. Welcome to reality.

The most maddening consequence of the anti-corporate movement, is the resulting pro-union bias. Everybody hates the big bad corporation but loves the labor union movement. Well, what’s the difference? Unions are corporations too. They are in the business of selling labor. Don’t believe me? Try not paying your union dues and see what happens. You think the union bosses will take pity on you let you stick around anyway? Fat chance. That is because unions are inherently for-profit entities.

While labor unions have no outside shareholders, they do have well-defined stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation. Also just like any other corporations, those stakeholders seek to maximize their own benefit. Take the United Auto Workers union, for example. The UAW union is no more or less a corporation than General Motors (GM), Ford (F), or Microsoft (MSFT). Ford, as everybody knows, seeks to maximize profit for shareholders both over the short- and long-term. Likewise, unions simply seek to maximize the welfare of its members, who are the union’s shareholders in all but name. Does the connection between shareholder and union membership seem a bit abstract and tenuous for you? It shouldn't. There are many employee- and customer-owned corporations in America with a few of the most popular being Vanguard and State Farm Insurance. The structure of these corporations is legally, logically, and morally almost identical to that of most labor unions. Seen in this light, to be both anti-corporate and pro-union is an internally illogical position. They are one and the same.

Indeed they are corporations...and use the conficated dues for manipulation just as any corporation would use profit for influence in the world of politics in their interests.

I agree with your post. To say that unions aren't a corporation is denying reality.

Now...since people are bailing on them? How will they survive?

I'm more interested in that inane bullshit about how he claimed to be a jobs creator at Bain, but as soon as you take a look into the actual facts you can see that the Bain business model was anything BUT create jobs. And then I like the inane bullshit about how once he was called on his utter lies about his record there, he decided to whine, pout and cry about how Bain isn't fair game.

That's the inane shit I like to focus on.
inane bullshit seems to be all you post. The record of Bain Capital creating jobs is about the same as every other company like Bain. Ever hear of Staples? Bain.

Got a link to Romney crying about how Bain isn't fair game?

I got a link for you, with video...

Former Obama Car Czar Calls Romney Attack Ad "Unfair"
"I think the ad is unfair. Mitt Romney made a mistake ever talking about the fact that he created 100,000 jobs. Bain Capital’s responsibility was not to create 100,000 jobs or some other number. It was to create profits for his investors, most of whom were pension funds, endowments and foundations. It did it superbly, acting within the rules and acting very responsibly and was a leading firm," Ratner said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday.

"So I do think to pick out an example of somebody who lost their job unfortunately, this is part of capitalism, this is part of life. And I don’t think there’s anything Bain Capital did that they need to be embarrassed about," he said.

dumb ass.

Forum List

Back