WARNING: Tons of Gun Control Bills Came Out - HOUSE

[...]

So what solution did you people come up with to prevent another tragedy in our schools?? Have armed guards. Stupid!! How about cracking down on current laws or make new ones?? [...]

You didn't answer the first time I asked so I'll ask again: What new laws would you recommend to prevent gun violence? And please be specific.

Fine. But you're not going to like it, I'm sure. I would like to see all guns banned from this country like they are in Great Britain. But that is not likely to happen. I'll have to settle for the plan of the person I just voted for, Senator Diane Feinstein.

Diane Feinstein is proposing a bill that will enhanced the assault weapons ban that we had in 1994. This legislation will ban the sale, transfer, importation, possession of assault weapons, ban high-capacity magazines and clips of more than ten bullets, require background checks for all gun purchases, and determine the relationship of mental illness to violence.

I don't see anything at all unreasonable about that.

You can still legally own firearms in the UK (I have two). Even handguns, albeit the blackpowder variety.

You can still legally own firearms in the UK (I have two). Even handguns, albeit the blackpowder variety.
Unless I'm mistaken black powder revolvers are exempt from restrictions here in the U.S. but black powder is restricted. How about black powder in the U.K.? Restricted?

Typical Liberals, playing politics with the deaths of children... Despicable to use tragedies to usurp the Freedoms of the American people. It's OK though... Whenever they embark down this tyrannical road with regards to gun control, they get their political asses handed to them.

Guy, you don't need an automatic weapon, you don't need 100 round clips and you can afford to wait a week for a background check.

Here's the thing. The rest of us are getting pretty tired of reading about these mass shootings because you guys can't police your fetish.

How many of those that committed mass killings were CHL holders or belonged to the NRA?

Typical Liberals, playing politics with the deaths of children... Despicable to use tragedies to usurp the Freedoms of the American people. It's OK though... Whenever they embark down this tyrannical road with regards to gun control, they get their political asses handed to them.

Guy, you don't need an automatic weapon, you don't need 100 round clips and you can afford to wait a week for a background check.

Here's the thing. The rest of us are getting pretty tired of reading about these mass shootings because you guys can't police your fetish.

How many of those that committed mass killings were CHL holders or belonged to the NRA?

Ummmm....... ZERO??

How many of those shot had a gun on them at the time?

Forgive Joe. He's got something like Turette's. He can stop himself from posting idiotic crap.

What you need to look at is the thousands of times an individual with a gun prevents crime each year. These events don't get published in the general news because it is against their agenda.
You also need to look at what effect would keeping legal owners from buying those guns do? The criminals don't buy their guns legally because they can't get past the background check. They buy guns off the black market or steal them. How is keeping guns out of the hands of legal owners going to affect the criminal?
Criminals are criminals because they don't obey laws. The prey on people who do. Ifthose people are disarmed then it make the criminals life a lot safer. England only had 56 gun crimes last year but their violent crime rate is higher than that of the USA. Brittian is in the process of outlawing long kitchen knives because those are the weapons the criminals are using to rob and kill people in England. Even after more than 100 years the English have still not recognized that it isn't the weapon - it is the criminal that must be done away with.
Lets not follow their lead.

What you need to look at is the thousands of times an individual with a gun prevents crime each year. These events don't get published in the general news because it is against their agenda.
You also need to look at what effect would keeping legal owners from buying those guns do? The criminals don't buy their guns legally because they can't get past the background check. They buy guns off the black market or steal them. How is keeping guns out of the hands of legal owners going to affect the criminal?
Criminals are criminals because they don't obey laws. The prey on people who do. Ifthose people are disarmed then it make the criminals life a lot safer. England only had 56 gun crimes last year but their violent crime rate is higher than that of the USA. Brittian is in the process of outlawing long kitchen knives because those are the weapons the criminals are using to rob and kill people in England. Even after more than 100 years the English have still not recognized that it isn't the weapon - it is the criminal that must be done away with.
Lets not follow their lead.

I don't know where you've got you're statistics from, but that's nowhere near the true figure. There's around 300 hundred recorded instances of gun crime in London alone every year (one of the reasons I no longer live there). But your claim that long kitchen knives are being banned isn't true. A group of A+E doctors petitioned the government to consider banning large kitchen knives because so many young men stab each other with them, but it was swiftly dismissed by the House of Commons.

Unless I'm mistaken black powder revolvers are exempt from restrictions here in the U.S. but black powder is restricted. How about black powder in the U.K.? Restricted?

Black powder handguns (and any other form of muzzle-loader) need a firearms license. The purchase of black powder without a firearms license needs an explosives license, which are issued by the Home Office.

Forum List

Back