Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I figured we could maybe be non-partisan for a bit. To everyone on the coast, stay safe. To the rest of you, send positive energy our way.

NYC now has winds of 45 miles an hour. That's down from over 50, this morning. Schools, courts, the stock market and other state and city offices are closed. our supermarket is closed, but our neighborhood bagel place was open. My husband went out and brought back hot whole wheat bagels so his trip out wasn't a total loss. We're in what they're calling zone B... which in NYC's parlance now means that we're in danger of flooding only if Sandy hits a catagory 2.

who else is in the storm zone and what are you doing to cope?

My thoughts are with you guys!

Thanks, gramps. I'm concerned about some of my friends in Zone A. Because last year's hurricane turned out to be a big nothing, they're treating this one as if it's the same type of storm and haven't evacuated even though they've been ordered to.

kind of a 'boy cries wolf' thing, unfortunately.

and i can't imagine what's going to happen with my family's place on the jersey shore. that's worrying.

Thanks, gramps. I'm concerned about some of my friends in Zone A. Because last year's hurricane turned out to be a big nothing, they're treating this one as if it's the same type of storm and haven't evacuated even though they've been ordered to.

and i can't imagine what's going to happen with my family's place on the jersey shore. that's worrying.

Are you all supposed to get snow too?

Came to work today and we're closed! Doesn't seem that bad in B'more. Bagels sound good. Wish I was closer. Tough to get a good one here. Good luck everybody.

In the mountains. Not cold enough near the coast.

Can your friends in Zone A still leave?

Nope they just declared the roads unpassable.

they also just shut the belt parkway. i don't remember them ever shutting the belt.

very strange.

i also had this idea that if i kept my computer charged, i'd be connected throughout the storm. but our internet is starting to slow. so the satellite connection may start being a problem.

they also just shut the belt parkway. i don't remember them ever shutting the belt.

very strange.

i also had this idea that if i kept my computer charged, i'd be connected throughout the storm. but our internet is starting to slow. so the satellite connection may start being a problem.

yes, alot of atmospheric interference will erode sat signals.

I hear you there, Jillian. We are home safe, watching the news. Some of those Idiot's just don't know when to fold. We have 3 flood tides ahead of us. Hopefully by the next one, the doubters will wake up, and seek high ground. Last time something like this hit, I believe was 1938, not last year.

very strange.

Too dangerous to even walk?

very strange.

I hope you have a radio and batteries for it. Stay safe, my friend.

not in these parts. i think you have to be further northwest for that.

It's weird, usually the worst part of a hurricane is on the eastern side of it. It looks like it's going to make landfall significantly below NYC, I'm guessing Anapolis to Baltimore based upon the modeling, but there is hardly any coverage of the Maryland impact. I mean, it looks like you should have some storm surge flooding, but not necessarily like you guys are going to be in the path of the worst winds...

Kind of strange, really.

Forum List

Back