Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

I'm kind of pissed. We didn't have a single tropical storm day this summer (when we were off work and the schools were closed).

Finally heard from lil' sis. They're about 100 miles inland, Maryland. Anyhow looks like this thing will roll right over them.
She assured me they've got plenty of provisions (husband was at beer store as she typed LOL). Lots of firewood and food, and ice.
Candles, batteries, etc.
And they're sleeping on first floor for fear of downed twees.
Schools prob out all week.

Finally heard from lil' sis. They're about 100 miles inland, Maryland. Anyhow looks like this thing will roll right over them.
She assured me they've got plenty of provisions (husband was at beer store as she typed LOL). Lots of firewood and food, and ice.
Candles, batteries, etc.
And they're sleeping on first floor for fear of downed twees.
Schools prob out all week.

glad your sis is safe, H. good news.

Hey was thinking of you this morning Jillian! Hope you and the family get through all this unscathed.

My thoughts are with everyone on the East Coast dealing with this right now and for the next few days.

My whole family is on the East Coast, from northern Philly through South Jersey and Annapolis.

Sandy sure is being a real nail-biter.

I figured we could maybe be non-partisan for a bit. To everyone on the coast, stay safe. To the rest of you, send positive energy our way.

NYC now has winds of 45 miles an hour. That's down from over 50, this morning. Schools, courts, the stock market and other state and city offices are closed. our supermarket is closed, but our neighborhood bagel place was open. My husband went out and brought back hot whole wheat bagels so his trip out wasn't a total loss. We're in what they're calling zone B... which in NYC's parlance now means that we're in danger of flooding only if Sandy hits a catagory 2.

who else is in the storm zone and what are you doing to cope?

You stay safe and dry jillian.

Just wondering.... did you prepare for the storm?

Hey was thinking of you this morning Jillian! Hope you and the family get through all this unscathed.

My thoughts are with everyone on the East Coast dealing with this right now and for the next few days.

My whole family is on the East Coast, from northern Philly through South Jersey and Annapolis.

Sandy sure is being a real nail-biter.

thanks, SF. hope your loved ones stay safe and sound.

we are just starting to get snow......its colder than a witch's tit wants to be out there......the air is

snow is starting....its cold...i am in....all the animals but clark are in.....so there is clark wanting in....brb lol

Keep safe Jill and everyone else.

thanks. i don't know if you're around the city right now. but you stay safe, too.

i heard it's the first time since 1985 that they've closed the stock exchange.

Boston next week, so it's going to be touch and go whether we get up since the power may be down.

hopefully, power outages will be a non-issue by then. and, boy, do i have an italian restaurant to send you to! :D

hey tough.....jill and the rest of yall..think about how many on here are from around that area....

frankie....liability ....jillian...and i am sure there are many more

Forum List

Back