War on Terror?

S

scubamike

A good point from an interview I just saw:

"Much much more serious than the fact that governments have adopted (the "War on Terror"), is that the press have adopted it, that the media have adopted it. When ever you turn on the television you see ‘War On Terror’ at the top. Newspaper headlines on the ‘War on Terror’.

It is not a war on terror; it is a war on America’s enemies.

If we want a war on terror we would have an international court, which is what the American’s pulled out of, to try people who use violence in this way. We are fighting America’s enemies, and they are fighting back."

Full Interview with Robert Fisk

Originally posted by scubamike

"Much much more serious than the fact that governments have adopted (the "War on Terror"), is that the press have adopted it, that the media have adopted it. When ever you turn on the television you see ‘War On Terror’ at the top. Newspaper headlines on the ‘War on Terror’.

If we want a war on terror we would have an international court, which is what the American’s pulled out of, to try people who use violence in this way. We are fighting America’s enemies, and they are fighting back."

Sorry, this is another load of horseshit.

War was declared on the US and the "West" by the Islamists. The Clintonian legal action against these people didn't work before, it was seen as a sign of weakness. I guess you would have taken Hitler to court and sued him?

If you are an infidel, you are a target. We are the only country that is starting to see it for what it really is and are going on the offensive.

Your world court is about as useful as the UN (Useless Nations)right now.....

Originally posted by scubamike

Ask the spaniards, australians, phillipines, and now the saudis if it is just a war on america's enemies.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Ask the spaniards, australians, phillipines, and now the saudis if it is just a war on america's enemies.

Aw-not to worry. I am sure that eventually, NZ will have thier own war on terror.

How naive.

How comforting and easy it must be to cast disparging remarks for the relative safety of what ever it is SCUBA calls home!

SCUBA - if your country never suffers a terrorist attack, you will be able to thank us for fighting our "American War".

Looser.

:321:

p.s. - DK - this is not directed at you - only used your quote for emphasis.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Aw-not to worry. I am sure that eventually, NZ will have thier own war on terror.

How naive.

I disagree. The WOT, like the occupation of Iraq, cannot be won by military means alone. It seems obvious. U.S. forces crushed Saddam's military, but the subsequent terrorist attacks against coalition forces, the UN, and Iraqi and foreigners cooperating with the coalition authority has increased, claiming more lives than the war itself.

To win, both in Iraq and in the wider war on terror, the U.S. and the rest of the world needs to fight with social, economic, political, diplomatic resources as well. NZ is quite correct in noting that one of those tools in the ICC, which the U.S. was instrumental in negotiating, but abandoned.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
I disagree. The WOT, like the occupation of Iraq, cannot be won by military means alone. It seems obvious. U.S. forces crushed Saddam's military, but the subsequent terrorist attacks against coalition forces, the UN, and Iraqi and foreigners cooperating with the coalition authority has increased, claiming more lives than the war itself.

To win, both in Iraq and in the wider war on terror, the U.S. and the rest of the world needs to fight with social, economic, political, diplomatic resources as well. NZ is quite correct in noting that one of those tools in the ICC, which the U.S. was instrumental in negotiating, but abandoned.

uh- ok. Must be scary living in oblivion - obviously. "...but the subsequent terrorist attacks against coalition forces, the UN, and Iraqi and foreigners cooperating with the coalition authority has increased, claiming more lives than the war itself". By definition of the very word WAR, lives are lost. Did you think the terroists, who happen to be combatants in this war, were just going to stand by and do nothing? If you have a different concept and proof of what happens during a war, please share it with us.

It should be noted however that it is faily common that when cockroaches are elimintaed from one apartment, they flee to the next and so on. To fully eliminate them, one must take care of all the apartments.

We will just clean the apartment of NZ last so they can enjoy the full benefit of the vermin first and then gain some humility and appreciation.

By definition of the very word WAR, lives are lost. Did you think the terroists, who happen to be combatants in this war, were just going to stand by and do nothing? If you have a different concept and proof of what happens during a war, please share it with us.

Fair enough. Then to use the Presidents words, "major combat operations." Apart from that split hair, you didn't come near the point of my post which, in short, was that in order to be effective in the WOT, the US and others need to employ tools other than the military, as shown by the success of the invasion but the failure of the occupation.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Shut up Shit_for_a_mind! your two cent's has been noted and it sucks!:D

If I did piss on your castle, would you make your wife wash the tires or would you do it yourself?

If I did piss on your castle, would you make your wife wash the tires or would you do it yourself?

In your picture, which one of the three are you?

I bet the one on the right.

:laugh: what the little girl? probably so!

She is also a cat.

I will let you draw the inferences. :D ;)

Wanna try that statement again? I am hoping for you to say something as stupid again so I can ban your loser ass, so try me!

Poor Sir Evil. In this thread alone you called me "Shit for Mind," "Idiot" and "Loser." But your going to ban me for making fun of you.

You are a self-indulged, vulgar, adolescent cry-baby, who dishes it out in spades but can’t take the slightest criticism. Get a life and wash the tires.

Fair enough. Then to use the Presidents words, "major combat operations." Apart from that split hair, you didn't come near the point of my post which, in short, was that in order to be effective in the WOT, the US and others need to employ tools other than the military, as shown by the success of the invasion but the failure of the occupation.

well, that is because your point was, well...pointless.

1) "...as shown by the success of the invasion but the failure of the occupation."

In your perception, please explain the failure of the occupation. The "occupation" is no where complete and only history will determine its sucess. It has only been a little over a year. This is not an ATM machine where you put your card in and "poof" your transaction is complete.

2) "...in order to be effective in the WOT, the US and others need to employ tools other than the military."

St8 - this might be a stupid question on my part or un-answerable on yours, but where the hell you been since 9/11?! I am not going to waste my time finding exact figures, but on the overall war, how many billions of dollars have been seized/frozen? How much humanitarian and reconstuction aid has been given? Christ, the amount spent by us thus far is frightening.

When you have a salient and plausible point to make - please come back and do so.

Cheers.

Yep, I knew what you were referring to I just thought the little whiney girl may of been a better description!:D

:D

Flip a coin.

:cof:

Guess what retard, I never mentioned anything about your family at all! You can refer to me as whatever you like as it would not bother me in the least, especially coming from a shit_for_a_mind!

make mention of a family member of mine again, go ahead make my day!

Fair enough. Families are off-limits. But if you're going to dish it out like that, you might want to get a little less thin-skinned about getting flamed.:D

When you have a slaient and plausible point to make - please come back and do so.

Cheers. [/B]

Your post deserves a response but I've got something to do for the next few minutes. I'll try to respond in the next quarter hour.

Your post deserves a response but I've got something to do for the next few minutes. I'll try to respond in the next quarter hour.

I'm sure he/she will be holding their breath to hear your enlightened talking point of the day from moveon.

Originally posted by OCA
I'm sure he/she will be holding their breath to hear your enlightened talking point of the day from moveon.

Greetings OCA. Did my post sound arrogant? Maybe. I just wanted to HG to know I would respond.

Regarding Moveon, anyone who’s cites Newsmax has no right to criticize anyone’s source.

Greetings OCA. Did my post sound arrogant? Maybe. I just wanted to HG to know I would respond.

Regarding Moveon, anyone who’s cites Newsmax has no right to criticize anyone’s source.

Find where I cited Newsmax I dare ya. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Forum List

Back