Bin Laden: Still alive?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by JIHADTHIS, Jun 2, 2004.

?

Where's Waldo:

1. Alive

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dead

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. In custody, will be brought out Oct 04

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Buried in a cave near Tora Bora

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Driving a cab in New Jersey

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. We'll never know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Do you think UBL is still alive?

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I think he is alive and in Iran. This shit has yet to get ugly people. I am afraid Iraq is actually going to make us complacent! It ain't always gonna "be over there" it is just a matter of time before he teams up with somebody and tries to either strike us or Israel in a really nasty manner.

3. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Interesting. I see the whole Iran problem, but never figured UBL to be there. I think he's dead, and has been for awhile. I find it odd that he has not been seen in a verifiable video after how much tape was shot of him in the years leading up to 9/11.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    That was when he was in Afganistan.... a lot easier to access their airspace.

Several pretty knowledgeable guys have been quoted as having good info that he is in Iran. A matter-of-fact, they say that he met with Moosawi (or whatever TF his name is) in Iran just before the major offensive in Fallujah and Najaf. They believe that OB and some in Iran are leading the shit taking place in Iraq. They know that some of al Sadr's "fighters" are being trained just across the border in Iraq.

I wonder if that chemical bomb found in Iraq wasn't one that was fired at Iran and didn't go off???? :p:

But really, there is a lot of talk that he is in Iran. When I was in Singapore the news there was saying that also.

Monsoor Ijaz

5. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I think he is in hiding and we are close. That is why he has not been seen or heard from. Although it has been rumored he is in the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan - my gut instinct tells me he has gone far west like Syria or even Saudi. Who else would have the balls to start directing or allowing attacks against the "Kingdom"?

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I agree and if he is in Iran near the Kuwaiti border, he would be in a good position to direct attacks both in Saudi Arabia and Iraq. I'm tellin ya, I am convinced he is in southern Iran and directing a lot of the shit taking place in Iraq and SA. Southern Iran is not at all far from SA.

7. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Excellent point. But if he is in Syria and they were the recipients of the Iraqi WMD's as has been hypothesised, then what better place for him to be - so to speak.

8. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it IS possible that we have him and Bush has an Ace in the hole to cinch the deal ! I hope so at least :D

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    True. But right now, he needs to "win" the battle in Iraq and run disruption attacks in SA. He is waiting on the "big prize".

Frankly, I really do think that he is just waiting for the new Iraqi government to get in power. Once that happens, the US will probably, eventually, get tied down onto bases and I really bet they hinder our ground patrols enough that OBL will be able to just saunter across the desert, into the western portion of SA, up through Jordan and into Syria. Or he may saunter the eastern part of Iraq and right into Syria. I hate to say it, but OBL sees this new government in Iraq as a win. No government will have control of the south of Iran. It is too barren and too hostile to the Sunni's and Kurds. And any Shia government leaders will just ignore the others and nobody will be able to police the area.

10. walwor

walwor Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    UBL is most likely alive. The reason I say this is something I heard said by Dr. Ergun Caner, a Moslem who converted to Christianity. He said that in Islam, a martyr must be publicly declared. If UB was martyred, one of his followers would have to come out and state it. I don't know this for a fact, but it has a ring of truth to it. Unless he was buried deep in the rubble when we hit his cave with a bunker buster, and no one even knows it. That would be a shame. "No virgins for you."