War and the Constitution: How do we justify U.S. involvement in Ukraine?

Fast forward a month and a half from when this article was written and thanks to a brave young American releasing "classified" documents we know the extent of Biden's violating the War Powers Act.

...​
Congress has not only not declared war on Russia; it has not authorized the use of American military forces against it. Yet, it has given President Joe Biden a blank check for $100 billion and authorized him to spend it on military equipment for Ukraine however he sees fit.​
He has promised to continue giving Ukraine whatever it needs for “as long as it takes.” As long as it takes to do what? He cannot answer that because he has no clear military objective. Eliminating Russian troops from Ukraine and Crimea or Russian President Vladimir Putin from office are not realistically attainable military goals.​
Congress has only authorized weapons and cash to be sent to Ukraine, but Biden has sent troops as well. The U.S. involvement in Vietnam began the same way: no declaration of war, no authorization for the use of military force, yet a gradual buildup of American troops as advisers and instructors, and then a congressionally supported war that saw half a million American troops deployed, 10% of whom came home in body bags.​
We don’t know how many American troops are in Ukraine, as they are out of uniform and their whereabouts a secret. We do know that they are involved in hostilities, since much of the hardware that Biden has sent requires American know-how to operate and maintain. And some of the weaponry has American troops actually targeting Russian forces and pulling the triggers.​
Are American soldiers killing Russian soldiers? Yes. None of it has been authorized by Congress, but Congress has paid for it in borrowed dollars.​
Now back to the Constitution. The War Powers Resolution, which requires presidential notification to Congress of the use of American military force, is unconstitutional because it consists of Congress giving away one of its core functions -- declaring war. The Supreme Court has characterized delegating away core functions as violative of the separation of powers.​
Nevertheless, Biden has not informed Congress of his intentions to use American troops violently. Yet, he has used the Navy and the CIA to attack Germany — a war crime and a violation of the NATO treaty — and he has soldiers out of uniform in Ukraine, so as to perpetuate the deception that boots are not on the ground.​
Don’t be surprised if Biden gives War Powers Act notice secretly to the Gang of Eight. What’s that? The Gang of Eight is the Congress within the Congress. It consists of the chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees and the Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate with which the president legally shares secrets.
Just as Congress cannot delegate away its war-making powers to the president, it cannot delegate them away to the Gang of Eight. The concept of the Gang of Eight is antithetical to democratic values. Informing them of whatever violence the president is up to is done under an oath of secrecy. What kind of democracy operates and kills in secret?
...​

The same way Bidem justifies violating the Constitition and Rule of Law to affect his Open Border Policy that forfeits our sovereignty, forfeits our national security, and endangers American citizens.

BTW People have identified Ukrainians in the J6 crowds, urging people on, maybe even Azov Brigade Ukrainians.

Idiots are worried about f'ing Ukraine while we are losing our Republic to demons of the deep state.

Maybe you could quit your support of Russia over the free world. Appeasement is not the answer. Maybe you should immigrate.
Appeasement is never the answer. The Saxons found that out the hard way. “When you pay the Danegeld, you never get rid of the Dane”. Giving in to extortion, either on a national or personal level, just encourages the extortionist to make more severe demands. Ukraine gave in to Putin on Crimea. Less than a decade later he came back for the whole country.

What are you babbling about now? We are just giving military aid as we have many other countries, acting our interests and of our allies. I have seen nothing about any troops on the ground and neither have you. You just like Puting, as Donny does, and see some benefit most normal Americans that support the independence of Ukraine and the security of NATO, do not see. Vlad should not have invaded. I and most Americans support efforts of the Ukrainians to remain free from Russian takeover, and approve of military aid to help them repel the barbaric Russian invasion, being waged as a terrorist action by Russia, against the Ukrainian people (not just their military), completely outside the rules of war and against international treaties and law, by the war criminal Vladimir Putin.
FYI: I posted a link earlier in another thread to the Biden Administration admitting we have SpecOps Troops on the ground.

The 1980s called to get their foreign policy back.

Good God, are you warmonger saps fucking dreary.
You appeasers are all alike, always have been and historically the cause of higher casualties and cost on the battlefield you failed to discourage. Supporting Ukraine materially is an ounce of prevention, no matter what you Russia supporters think.

You appeasers are all alike, always have been and historically the cause of higher casualties and cost on the battlefield you failed to discourage. Supporting Ukraine materially is an ounce of prevention, no matter what you Russia supporters think.
Nobody is appeasing shit, Cheney.....It's not our fight.

Meanwhile, the leaks show that we've been lied to and there are actual US troops on the ground there, participating in an undeclared foreign war against a nuclear power.

You don't give a shit about Ukraine....This is just about warmoger douchebags like you puffing up your chests and saying "OH YEAH?"

Horseshit.

The leaker blew the lid clean off that lie.

I can remember back to the day when liberoidal dudes like you were completely skeptical of the media narrative....Now you slurp it up like mother's milk.

Rube.
The leaker blew the lid, my ass.

FYI: I posted a link earlier in another thread to the Biden Administration admitting we have SpecOps Troops on the ground.
Gee. I'm sure I wouldn't know anything about spec ops people operating outside CONUS in places they are not publicly known to be. I would be shocked at that kind of thing. Shocked, I say.;)

Nobody is appeasing shit, Cheney.....It's not our fight.

Meanwhile, the leaks show that we've been lied to and there are actual US troops on the ground there, participating in an undeclared foreign war against a nuclear power.

You don't give a shit about Ukraine....This is just about warmoger douchebags like you puffing up your chests and saying "OH YEAH?"
Thanks, Neville. You can go back and lay down again.

Any unconstitutional adventure by an administration can be justified if the majority of the media goes along with it and supports it. LBJ's faked "crisis" that sent Troops to Vietnam was initially justified by the media and when it went bad they blamed the whole thing on Nixon.

What are you babbling about now? We are just giving military aid as we have many other countries, acting our interests and of our allies. I have seen nothing about any troops on the ground and neither have you. You just like Puting, as Donny does, and see some benefit most normal Americans that support the independence of Ukraine and the security of NATO, do not see. Vlad should not have invaded. I and most Americans support efforts of the Ukrainians to remain free from Russian takeover, and approve of military aid to help them repel the barbaric Russian invasion, being waged as a terrorist action by Russia, against the Ukrainian people (not just their military), completely outside the rules of war and against international treaties and law, by the war criminal Vladimir Putin.

Is Ukraine corrupt?

Is Ukraine corrupt?
No more than Joe Biden and his family.

After the 'Ukraine Ponzi Scheme' that lined thepickets of corrupt Ukrainian leaders AND US DEMOCRAT POLITICIANS, at least Ukraine purged its corrupt leaders from its govt.

In the US, no one batted an eye, our exposed corrupt politicians kept their jobs, and everyone acted like it was just another day.

Last edited:
Fast forward a month and a half from when this article was written and thanks to a brave young American releasing "classified" documents we know the extent of Biden's violating the War Powers Act.

...​
Congress has not only not declared war on Russia; it has not authorized the use of American military forces against it. Yet, it has given President Joe Biden a blank check for $100 billion and authorized him to spend it on military equipment for Ukraine however he sees fit.​
He has promised to continue giving Ukraine whatever it needs for “as long as it takes.” As long as it takes to do what? He cannot answer that because he has no clear military objective. Eliminating Russian troops from Ukraine and Crimea or Russian President Vladimir Putin from office are not realistically attainable military goals.​
Congress has only authorized weapons and cash to be sent to Ukraine, but Biden has sent troops as well. The U.S. involvement in Vietnam began the same way: no declaration of war, no authorization for the use of military force, yet a gradual buildup of American troops as advisers and instructors, and then a congressionally supported war that saw half a million American troops deployed, 10% of whom came home in body bags.​
We don’t know how many American troops are in Ukraine, as they are out of uniform and their whereabouts a secret. We do know that they are involved in hostilities, since much of the hardware that Biden has sent requires American know-how to operate and maintain. And some of the weaponry has American troops actually targeting Russian forces and pulling the triggers.​
Are American soldiers killing Russian soldiers? Yes. None of it has been authorized by Congress, but Congress has paid for it in borrowed dollars.​
Now back to the Constitution. The War Powers Resolution, which requires presidential notification to Congress of the use of American military force, is unconstitutional because it consists of Congress giving away one of its core functions -- declaring war. The Supreme Court has characterized delegating away core functions as violative of the separation of powers.​
Nevertheless, Biden has not informed Congress of his intentions to use American troops violently. Yet, he has used the Navy and the CIA to attack Germany — a war crime and a violation of the NATO treaty — and he has soldiers out of uniform in Ukraine, so as to perpetuate the deception that boots are not on the ground.​
Don’t be surprised if Biden gives War Powers Act notice secretly to the Gang of Eight. What’s that? The Gang of Eight is the Congress within the Congress. It consists of the chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees and the Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate with which the president legally shares secrets.
Just as Congress cannot delegate away its war-making powers to the president, it cannot delegate them away to the Gang of Eight. The concept of the Gang of Eight is antithetical to democratic values. Informing them of whatever violence the president is up to is done under an oath of secrecy. What kind of democracy operates and kills in secret?
...​

We can’t.

Do I blame Biden? Absolutely. In the end it falls on him. BUT. It's also the fault of Congress for their refusal to insist their role is enforced.

Cut the money off or be painted with the same brush.

Is Ukraine corrupt?
That depends on the extent, to which you refer. Is Russia corrupt? Is the US Corrupt? Is China Corrupt? Is Saudi Corrupt? Is Iran Corrupt? How bout Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico you name it?
Do I wish to give Ukraine to Russia, to rule over and move close to Poland, Slovakia and other NATO countries as a leg up in Russia's the cold war (at present military combat war) against western democracies? NO. I say, Fk the Russians and all the Russian troll farmers and Putin Puffers on this board.:saythat:

That depends on the extent, to which you refer. Is Russia corrupt? Is the US Corrupt? Is China Corrupt? Is Saudi Corrupt? Is Iran Corrupt? How bout Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico you name it?
Do I wish to give Ukraine to Russia, to rule over and move close to Poland, Slovakia and other NATO countries as a leg up in Russia's the cold war (at present military combat war) against western democracies? NO. I say, Fk the Russians and all the Russian troll farmers and Putin Puffers on this board.:saythat:

Why do you care, if everyone is just corrupt anyway? How is it beneficial to US citizens to spend billions of their tax dollars on Ukraine when that money would be better served here helping them directly?

Do you honestly think the aid given by the US is 100% used to defend the Ukraine? What percentage of it is being pocketed and given back as kickbacks to those who made it happen? Or does that not matter either?

Forum List

Back