Wall Street's "SHADOW MARKET", what the heck is it?

Discussion in 'Stock Market' started by Care4all, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,045
    HOW, the normal human being with a very full life, have the time to learn about all of the unregulating gambling that goes on behind the scenes of the Stock Market and Wall Street in general is beyond me????

shadow market?

WHY THE HECK is there a SHADOW market behind the stock market and the every day joe that was told to invest their 401k's in the stock market were not schooled on the "Shadow Market" of the stock market, and how it doesn't mean crap on all the studies you did on who you invested with because someone else is betting against you, or insuring against you in the darkness of a Shadow?

I wouldn't blame anyone from ever investing in the Stock Market again! And we only had about 10% of our total worth invested in left over from a previous job 401k in the stock market, but people that had more in their 401k's and were close to retirement, JUST GOT THE WIND KICKED OUT OF THEM, moreso, they are on life support, trying to survive and now see themselves working till 80 in order to eat and put a roof over their heads.

Why hasn't the press gone in depth over this issue...this 'shadow market' and how it really had a big affect on what happened in this overall market crisis....because they don't want to scare us EVEN MORE....?

Sure they touch on it occasionally, but have they covered all the angles and all the faces involved and really gotten down to what it takes to make us thoroughly understand it?

I don't think so...

Please tell me, those in the know, what is the Shadow Market of Wall Street?

care

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,045
  3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Don't invest and you don't have to worry about it. Take care of your own money

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    After years and years and years of the drumbeat INVEST FOR YOUR RETIREMENT, COLLEGE FOR YOUR KIDS, FOR YOUR FUTURE HEALTHC ARE COSTS..

NOW let the buyer beware?

My, that's a convenient copout.

Once again we see somebody rushing to blame the victims of what is basically a gigantic FRAUD.

What actually motivates you to think that way, Dill?

Seriously, I don't get it.

5. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,045
    yeah, it is a copout on dillo's part....

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Copout my ass---I never encouraged ANYONE to save, invest or spend.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    You?

Of course not.

I'm talking about our society in general, Dill.

Are you telling me that we weren't told to invest in the market and that only fools keep their money in a saving account?

8. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,941
    There is no shadow market on Wall Street. Most people didn't know about debt backed securities because, with only a few exceptions, they were sold only in large blocks to wealthy investors such as pension funds or hedge funds, etc. Everyone in the financial industry and everyone in government knew about them or should have known about them because the sales of these debt backed securities had been financing our economic growth for many years, and Geithner has said that reviving the market for these securities is essential to rebuilding our financial system.

In fact, TALF is intended to encourage investors to buy new issues of debt backed securities and it is a key element in the Obama-Geithner plan to rescue our financial system. Geithner says we shouldn't worry about these new issues of debt backed securities because they are all AAA rated, but of course, the old ones, now often referred to as toxic assets, were also AAA rated when issued.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm telling you that you are responsible for your own assets. Doing what "society" tells us to do has lead to some of the most idiotic trends in civilization. Anyone who believes in security is a fool.

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030
    The Shadow Financial System are assets and liabilities kept off the books of financial companies and were unregulated.