Wall Street Journal reports: Stimulus is working!

And you fail to see how that makes you a blind, partisan douchebag? I will henceforth refer to as a fucking retard, or fucktard for short. There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone's policies based on ones assumptions and ideology or simply wanting or praying for someone to fail for your own political gain. The later line of thinking is just plain unproductive.

"One of the two major political parties of the United States has linked all its electoral hopes on domestic pathologies, economic downturns and foreign failure.

It is actually difficult to name any positive development for America that would benefit the Democratic Party's chances in a national election.

Name almost any subject, and this unhealthy pattern can be discerned."

If It's Bad for America, It's Good for Democrats by Dennis Prager on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Hmmm... I'll take 'an opinion piece by a person who is obviously pro-republican and that is loaded with unsubstantiated claims' for 100 Alex. Counter to the article is now democrats are the ones who stand to benefit from a recovering economy and people like fucktard want Obama to fail which would naturally have to correlate the economy remaining atleast stagnant so that the republicans can hope to gain a couple more seats in 2010. Also I am not gonna say that some democrats are any different.

"Also I am not gonna say that some democrats are any different."

Fair enough.

Just because you're pissed at someone don't throw yourself over the edge and say the economy is surging. There are some signs that it might be recovering. A "surge" it ain't.

I'm soooo pissed I'm going to report an economic recovery!

A "surge" it aint" ??
Dow Jones March 2 2009 6626
Dow Jones Today 9344

41% increase is not a "surge" ???

Didn't the messiah himself say not to use the stock market as an indicator? :lol:

Just because you're pissed at someone don't throw yourself over the edge and say the economy is surging. There are some signs that it might be recovering. A "surge" it ain't.

A "surge" it aint" ??
Dow Jones Today 9344

From your OP...

Much of the stimulus spending is just beginning to trickle through the economy, with spending expected to peak sometime later this year or in early 2010.

So on one hand the vast majority of stimulus money has not even hit the economy yet. But on the other you are implying that an increase in the Dow is a "surge" attributable to the stimulus?

Duct tape anyone?

Maybe "rightwinger" should actually be thanking Bush since n00bama's stimulus has barely even started.

A "surge" it aint" ??
Dow Jones Today 9344

From your OP...

Much of the stimulus spending is just beginning to trickle through the economy, with spending expected to peak sometime later this year or in early 2010.

So on one hand the vast majority of stimulus money has not even hit the economy yet. But on the other you are implying that an increase in the Dow is a "surge" attributable to the stimulus?
Duct tape anyone?

I'd be happy to explain it to you.
The Dow Jones dropped from 12000 in August 2008 to 6626 in March 2009. This was due to investor panic over impending bank failures. Investors bailed out of the market in anticipation of economic collapse.
George Bush (yes I am giving credit to George) provided money (stimulus) to bail out the banks. Obama continued that policy as well as auditing the banks to make sure they were solvent. Once the banks were on firm footing, investors returned to the market

What does this really tell us?

That economists cannot arrive at a single conclusion about where our economy is headed.

Dismal science, indeed.

True, but this isn't easy stuff. We're throwing up sandbags here because the levee has broken. It's impossible to really see how much damage has been done until the waters recede.

Yes, it isn't easy stuff, upon that you and I are in agreement.

And you want to know why it isn't easy stuff?

Because economics isn't capable of being predictive.

At best it can retrspetively tell us what happened long after the event.

It fails as a predict outcomes for example the same reason history fails to be able to tell us our future.

I love John Kenneth Galbraith's definition of economists.

An economist is a man with a phi beta kappa watchfob on one end of his watchchain, but no watch on the other.

Seriously, how credible is a profession when the majority of its diciples actually bought into the idea that deindustrializing the USA was going to be GOOD for America?

Seriously, these economists who bought that PIG IN A POKE ought to be stripped of their diplomas and send to McDonalds to enjoy the service type employment they thought would make up for the industrial jobs they thought didn't matter to this nation.

The conceit and hubris of these semi-intellects is criminal.

Duct tape anyone?

Could it be the market adapting due to rational expectations about how the stimulus will affect the economy now as well as in the near future???

In theory, yes. But it would be ironic.

A "surge" it aint" ??
Dow Jones Today 9344

From your OP...

Duct tape anyone?

I'd be happy to explain it to you.
The Dow Jones dropped from 12000 in August 2008 to 6626 in March 2009. This was due to investor panic over impending bank failures. Investors bailed out of the market in anticipation of economic collapse.
George Bush (yes I am giving credit to George) provided money (stimulus) to bail out the banks. Obama continued that policy as well as auditing the banks to make sure they were solvent. Once the banks were on firm footing, investors returned to the market

Ohhhhhh! Gosh, that wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought.

"But there's little agreement about which programs are having the biggest impact. Some economists argue that efforts such as the Federal Reserve's aggressive buying of Treasury debt and mortgage-backed securities, as well as government efforts to shore up banks, are providing a bigger boost than the administration's $787 billion stimulus package."

Yeah, let's do the math: $9 Trillion of Fed Intervention vs $200B to Obama's Legions of Mindless Zombies.

Gee, I wonder which might have more of an impact?

"But there's little agreement about which programs are having the biggest impact. Some economists argue that efforts such as the Federal Reserve's aggressive buying of Treasury debt and mortgage-backed securities, as well as government efforts to shore up banks, are providing a bigger boost than the administration's $787 billion stimulus package."

Yeah, let's do the math: $9 Trillion of Fed Intervention vs $200B to Obama's Legions of Mindless Zombies.

Whine as much as you want. The bottom line when all is said and done is that the stimuls packages, TARP, Auto Bailout, Cash for Clunkers, Stimulus bill reversed an economy on the verge of collapse

Payback time will come when it is time to account for those politicians who supported the saving of the economy and those who resisted

Whine as much as you want. The bottom line when all is said and done is that the stimuls packages, TARP, Auto Bailout, Cash for Clunkers, Stimulus bill reversed an economy on the verge of collapse

Payback time will come when it is time to account for those politicians who supported the saving of the economy and those who resisted

Whining?

I'm pointing out that the Fed still won't disclose who they gave $9 TRILLION to!

Listen to all the cons wishing a horrible economy on America so they can hate Obama some more.

I think a couple of things are very apparent - 1) the economy is rebounding 2) we still have a long way to go and 3) those with a vested interest in trying to defeat demoncrats in 2010 and Obama in 2012 wouldn't admit it no matter what. 4) The "inflation" fear balloon that the far right tried to float is falling flat on its face.

U.S. Economy Gets Lift From Stimulus - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- Government efforts to funnel hundreds of billions of dollars into the U.S. economy appear to be helping the U.S. climb out of the worst recession in decades.

But there's little agreement about which programs are having the biggest impact. Some economists argue that efforts such as the Federal Reserve's aggressive buying of Treasury debt and mortgage-backed securities, as well as government efforts to shore up banks, are providing a bigger boost than the administration's $787 billion stimulus package.

The U.S. economy is beginning to show signs of improvement, with many economists asserting the worst is past and data pointing to stronger-than-expected growth. On Tuesday, data showed manufacturing grew in August for the first time in more than a year. "There's a method to the madness. We're getting out of this," said Brian Bethune, chief U.S. financial economist at IHS Global Insight.

Much of the stimulus spending is just beginning to trickle through the economy, with spending expected to peak sometime later this year or in early 2010. The government has funneled about $60 billion of the $288 billion in promised tax cuts to U.S. households, while about $84 billion of the $499 billion in spending has been paid. About $200 billion has been promised to certain projects, such as infrastructure and energy projects.

Economists say the money out the door -- combined with the expectation of additional funds flowing soon -- is fueling growth above where it would have been without any government action.

Ok....Everyone who wants the economy to fail can chime in now

Well what the hell is the good economy doing for the job market?

We lost another 200,000+ jobs last month, when is this stimulus going to CREATE jobs?!?!?

Whining?

I'm pointing out that the Fed still won't disclose who they gave $9 TRILLION to!

Could you provide a link to the missing $9 Trillion??

Seems high

U.S. Economy Gets Lift From Stimulus - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- Government efforts to funnel hundreds of billions of dollars into the U.S. economy appear to be helping the U.S. climb out of the worst recession in decades.

But there's little agreement about which programs are having the biggest impact. Some economists argue that efforts such as the Federal Reserve's aggressive buying of Treasury debt and mortgage-backed securities, as well as government efforts to shore up banks, are providing a bigger boost than the administration's $787 billion stimulus package.

The U.S. economy is beginning to show signs of improvement, with many economists asserting the worst is past and data pointing to stronger-than-expected growth. On Tuesday, data showed manufacturing grew in August for the first time in more than a year. "There's a method to the madness. We're getting out of this," said Brian Bethune, chief U.S. financial economist at IHS Global Insight.

Much of the stimulus spending is just beginning to trickle through the economy, with spending expected to peak sometime later this year or in early 2010. The government has funneled about $60 billion of the $288 billion in promised tax cuts to U.S. households, while about $84 billion of the $499 billion in spending has been paid. About $200 billion has been promised to certain projects, such as infrastructure and energy projects.

Economists say the money out the door -- combined with the expectation of additional funds flowing soon -- is fueling growth above where it would have been without any government action.

Ok....Everyone who wants the economy to fail can chime in now

Well what the hell is the good economy doing for the job market?

We lost another 200,000+ jobs last month, when is this stimulus going to CREATE jobs?!?!?

Why thankyou Pilgrim...

In a recession, jobs are always the last thing to recover. There is no way out of that. If you look at the unemployment rate increase over the last year, you will see that the rate of job loss has decreased significantly.
Nobody is saying the job is done, only that all indicators point to good news.

I know a recovering economy messes up all your plans for gloom and doom under Obama, but hey.......you are going to have to live with it

Wow your so off base its not even funny.

As if i want my fellow citizens unemployed. The fact is I want people to get jobs and have good stable jobs that will last for the longterm...hence why i dont think the stimulus is as much of a success as you do.

Don't project your desires for the economy onto me, or your dislikes of others either, try just sticking to who i actually am in the future and you may actually become smarter.

Wow your so off base its not even funny.

As if i want my fellow citizens unemployed. The fact is I want people to get jobs and have good stable jobs that will last for the longterm...hence why i dont think the stimulus is as much of a success as you do.

Don't project your desires for the economy onto me, or your dislikes of others either, try just sticking to who i actually am in the future and you may actually become smarter.

I'm sorry..
is there a point in here somewhere?

Whining?

Could you provide a link to the missing $9 Trillion??

Seems high

Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion | The Beacon

You could pay every single residential mortgage with that money. That would have stimulated the economy

Forum List

Back