Wall Street bonuses...$144 billion

gee just think of all the taxes that will be collected on that money and be happy.

well less than 10% after writeoffs

10% the fucking government wouldn't have gotten if bonuses were banned.

now if the people got paid as normal people do instead of skirting pay with capital gains, the government would have got 30+% and its all a sick joke anyway as none of these companies would exist if the government didn't bail them out.

next time you pay taxes just write it directly to wall st b/c thats who gets it

well less than 10% after writeoffs

10% the fucking government wouldn't have gotten if bonuses were banned.

now if the people got paid as normal people do instead of skirting pay with capital gains, the government would have got 30+% and its all a sick joke anyway as none of these companies would exist if the government didn't bail them out.

next time you pay taxes just write it directly to wall st b/c thats who gets it

an annual bonus is not taxed as capital gains.

And the government didn't bail them all out. Only the one's who had a corrupt fucking politician in their pockets or pals in the Fed.

This is great for NYC's economy, as well as the NY suburbs. Resturants will be crowded, car sales will increase, people will be able to pay thier mortgages and property taxes.

That might be true to some extent but the reality is that this money is concentrated among relatively very few people so the trickle down effect is not going to be that great.

and giving it to the federal government is any better? Again unless that money lowers your taxes, or the goverment gives you a cut of it, all it does is add to the buracracy, and lines the pockets of people paid by the goverment instead of your own.

Why the hell not! It was taxpayer money that saved their asses in the first place.

That might be true to some extent but the reality is that this money is concentrated among relatively very few people so the trickle down effect is not going to be that great.

and giving it to the federal government is any better? Again unless that money lowers your taxes, or the goverment gives you a cut of it, all it does is add to the buracracy, and lines the pockets of people paid by the goverment instead of your own.

Why the hell not! It was taxpayer money that saved their asses in the first place.

Isnt that money being paid back with interest? Again did you open your wallet yourself to bail out said firms? Will you actually see any of this extra money going to the feds?

Isnt that money being paid back with interest? Again did you open your wallet yourself to bail out said firms? Will you actually see any of this extra money going to the feds?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just like I won't be seeing any of the money going to the Wall Street big shots either.

Funny JFK... I don't see you calling for a cap on athletes, actors, musicians, lottery winners, gamblers, etc

nice deflection dumbass. those people aren't solvent due to taxpayer funded handouts

You think I supported government bailout of private business?? Guess again

I do fully support people negotiating whatever compensation they freely can.. I do support companies agreeing to pay what they wish for the persons or skillsets they wish... whether that be guaranteed or tied to performance is of no concern...

I did not support 'stimulus' or 'tarp' or 'bailouts' under neither Bush nor Obama

But the fact remains that it's always the big bad business people that many uber-lefties try and vilify for the amount they freely make.... yet it never comes up about other highly paid people

These guys honestly don't get it. I am all for wealth, but their is wealth, then there is unneccessary excessive wealth. You have to eventually put a cap on it, there is only so much money out there. If they continue to get more and more, none will be left and we are a third world country.

Stop using credit cards, don't buy houses, don't give any more money to anymore bankers.

There you have it folks. The root of the crackpot liberal class/wealth envy baloney. There is only a finite amount of money out there so folks who don't have much are the victims of those who have "too much."

Can't really blame them though because we have this highly intelligent and very well educated fuckin' idiot in the White House who believes the same nonsense...Hey, Joe Plumber, yeah taxes are high buts that's because folks like me want to spread the wealth around.

God help us.

God gave man a brain, that's all the help you need. Use it, put emotion aside and think. Your anger has been manufactured, and the points you try to make fall flat - because they are not your own.

The enormous wealth of the few is basically subsidized by the many. If millionaires and billionaires were taxed by the schedules in effect in 1980 more revenue sharing dollars would return to the states, reducing the states, local communities and special districts of the need to raise fees and taxes. More money will be available for wage earners to pay for college, as tuition may drop, as fees and local taxes drop they may go to movies more oftern, eat out and enjoy life - in short stimulating the economy.
McConnell, Boehner, Murdoch, Limbaugh are all wealthy - surely they all earn over $250,000 per year. How many f/t employees do they employ? Suggesting the wealthy create jobs is little more than propaganda.
Cut taxes for the American Family, they will put money back into the economy - and the economy will grow. More jobs = more income tax revenue and government at all levels able to finance rebuilding our infrastructure, creating more private sector jobs and maybe solve some of the chronic problems of our nation.
We have become a plutocracy, anyone who beliefs differently is invited to explain why they believe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Isnt that money being paid back with interest? Again did you open your wallet yourself to bail out said firms? Will you actually see any of this extra money going to the feds?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just like I won't be seeing any of the money going to the Wall Street big shots either.

At least you are honest. So it all boils down to the other guy not getting any, no noble intents of wealth distribution.

The only thing wrong with that amount is right wingers don't think it's enough. Once the new congress is in office, right wingers will begin work to "double" the amount.

At least you are honest. So it all boils down to the other guy not getting any, no noble intents of wealth distribution.

What aren't they getting?

Is $144 billion in bonuses not enough?

The enormous wealth of the few is basically subsidized by the many. If millionaires and billionaires were taxed by the schedules in effect in 1980 more revenue sharing dollars would return to the states, reducing the states, local communities and special districts of the need to raise fees and taxes. More money will be available for wage earners to pay for college, as tuition may drop, as fees and local taxes drop they may go to movies more oftern, eat out and enjoy life - in short stimulating the economy.
McConnell, Boehner, Murdoch, Limbaugh are all wealthy - surely they all earn over $250,000 per year. How many f/t employees do they employ? Suggesting the wealthy create jobs is little more than propaganda.
Cut taxes for the American Family, they will put money back into the economy - and the economy will grow. More jobs = more income tax revenue and government at all levels able to finance rebuilding our infrastructure, creating more private sector jobs and maybe solve some of the chronic problems of our nation.
We have become a plutocracy, anyone who beliefs differently is invited to explain why they believe I'm wrong.

One can also argue that if goverment stopped needing money to do things it was never intended to do in the first place, everyone would have more money because everyones taxes could be lowered.

The issue becomes that with the current system it never stops at "just raise the taxes back to X time." Sooner or later it has to be raised again and again. This is happening at the state and the city level more than the federal level. Whats worse there is at that level people of a certain income can just move away.

The system as it is set up when it comes to income taxes IS progressive. I would prefer monkeying around with the system to simplify it first, to see the true rates we are taxing at before we just decide to raise taxes on people who are "not us." re-defining the income tax as all income, for example, and not just wages. This would eliminate the distiction between capital gains, wage and investment income, and would probably allow for a lowering of the rate for all.

Funny JFK... I don't see you calling for a cap on athletes, actors, musicians, lottery winners, gamblers, etc

nice deflection dumbass. those people aren't solvent due to taxpayer funded handouts

You think I supported government bailout of private business?? Guess again

I do fully support people negotiating whatever compensation they freely can.. I do support companies agreeing to pay what they wish for the persons or skillsets they wish... whether that be guaranteed or tied to performance is of no concern...

I did not support 'stimulus' or 'tarp' or 'bailouts' under neither Bush nor Obama

But the fact remains that it's always the big bad business people that many uber-lefties try and vilify for the amount they freely make.... yet it never comes up about other highly paid people

was this post supposed to make sense? you didn't want the bailouts but you don't mind private citizens profiting tens of millions directly from government money. seriously just start writing your tax payments to wall street, its equivalent in this case

One can also argue that if goverment stopped needing money to do things it was never intended to do in the first place, everyone would have more money because everyones taxes could be lowered.

The issue becomes that with the current system it never stops at "just raise the taxes back to X time." Sooner or later it has to be raised again and again. This is happening at the state and the city level more than the federal level. Whats worse there is at that level people of a certain income can just move away.

The system as it is set up when it comes to income taxes IS progressive. I would prefer monkeying around with the system to simplify it first, to see the true rates we are taxing at before we just decide to raise taxes on people who are "not us." re-defining the income tax as all income, for example, and not just wages. This would eliminate the distiction between capital gains, wage and investment income, and would probably allow for a lowering of the rate for all.

Do you believe it is healthy for a society, one which supports democratic institutions, to allow the redistribution of wealth?

These guys honestly don't get it. I am all for wealth, but their is wealth, then there is unneccessary excessive wealth. [...]

[...]
And therein lies the root of America's most pressing problem -- greed.

I am very pleased to find that awareness of excessive wealth is growing.

Wall Street bonuses...$144 billion

Wall Street hell! That was mine and only half of what I made last year. Fuckin' cheap skates!! :evil:

Athletes/musicians give you something tangible and it's all about supply and demand...and performance. If an athlete starts failing, they get cut. They sure as shit don't get bonuses for failing. And when was the last time the govt bailed out an athlete and musician.

Both gambling and lottery winnings are games of chance, so that analogy doesn't fit.

Both your analogies are a big fat fail....

Athletes/musicians give you something tangible and it's all about supply and demand...and performance. If an athlete starts failing, they get cut. They sure as shit don't get bonuses for failing. And when was the last time the govt bailed out an athlete and musician.

Both gambling and lottery winnings are games of chance, so that analogy doesn't fit.

Both your analogies are a big fat fail....

every post he makes is

Forum List

Back