Walgreens to close 150 stores in the US....

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Obviously another example of the booming Biden economy and the diligent efforts of Democrat Prosecuting Attorney's tough on crime crackdowns on shoplifting across the country.

No list yet of which stores will be affected...but the usual suspects will likely be the top of the list.

All the Democrat run major metro areas...and there will be the ubiquitous rejoinders of "food desert" and underserved communities...that somehow never manage to come to terms with the concept of cause and effect....

It was inevitable with or without Joe. Walgreens got a little OCD about opening locations across from CVS no matter what price they had to pay to get the land, whether that was even a good location, and no matter what the market looked like. If CVS was there, Walgreens wanted to be across the street.

Obviously another example of the booming Biden economy and the diligent efforts of Democrat Prosecuting Attorney's tough on crime crackdowns on shoplifting across the country.

No list yet of which stores will be affected...but the usual suspects will likely be the top of the list.

All the Democrat run major metro areas...and there will be the ubiquitous rejoinders of "food desert" and underserved communities...that somehow never manage to come to terms with the concept of cause and effect....

I'm sorry to see Walgreen shutting down all those stores. In a small town, it's all that's left if you need something when everyone else is closed. :(

It was inevitable with or without Joe. Walgreens got a little OCD about opening locations across from CVS no matter what price they had to pay to get the land, whether that was even a good location, and no matter what the market looked like. If CVS was there, Walgreens wanted to be across the street.
I dunno, where I live the big box drug stores are usually all in close proximity to each other. Maybe local zoning regs? Walgreens may be pulling out of high crime areas where shoplifting is only a misdemeanor under $900 bucks. They may have decided they have too many stores? Those areas could be losing the others as well.

Last edited:
As with the acceptance of vigilante justice and murder by gun, it's another indication of society breaking down.

Is this board's members representative or are they mostly extremists who are actually hoping for the worst?

That looked a little odd to me too. At just a few locations, that might be just a coincidence, but at every location seems kinda nuts.

I'm sorry to see Walgreen shutting down all those stores. In a small town, it's all that's left if you need something when everyone else is closed. :(
Walgreens actually has a decent food and drinks section. Small towns and inner cities rely on them for lots of things. But companies can only tolerate losses from theft for so long.

As with the acceptance of vigilante justice and murder by gun, it's another indication of society breaking down.

Is this board's members representative or are they mostly extremists who are actually hoping for the worst?
Vigilante justice will supplant de-funded law enforcement for better or worse. Murder is illegal by any means.

That looked a little odd to me too. At just a few locations, that might be just a coincidence, but at every location seems kinda nuts.

I paid off our student loans and then some because of that little feud. I can't complain too loudly about their idiocy....but when your city goes from having no Walgreens to a Walgreens across from just about every CVS in a matter of a couple years, you have to question the wisdom of what they were doing. CVS started buying the corners opposite them when they opened new locations just to block them.

Walgreens own Boots Pharmacies and Chemists here in Gods favourite . Now for sale . Thats some big rationalisation going on .Or worse .

It has to be Biden's fault, it cannot be the over saturation of their stores too close to each other (I have 3 within 6 miles) or the fact that mail order prescriptions are on the rise and many insurance companies now require the use of mail order for any reoccurring prescriptions.

Was it Biden's fault when Walgreens closed 200 stores back in 1016/17?

Forum List

Back