Wait a Sec...Whitey Invented the Hip Hop Machine...

Pretty sure the Japanese invented it ...

ghetto_blaster.jpg

Okay folks, are there any intelligent folks willing to comment? I am very interested in the MPC Live after they correct the major bugs and do not send out refurbished items as new. But it is what Roger Linn had envisioned.

Long story short Akai hired Roger Linn to create drum machines. Most hip hip folks used them to make millions. Akai was then bought by some douchebag controlling Numark and that individual stopped sending him royalties after his lawyers found some flaw in the contract. Roger did not want to deal with the negative energy and let it go.

Hip hop started off by sampling breaks and looping them with turntables. Whitey didn't invent that. Black people on the East Coast did. Learn your history Snouter!

How could retarded street punks "sample" anything without Whitey's inventions. This is what's up. There are several units available now that can capture samples (prerecorded audio) very easily. But not many that have song structure capability. I have a discontinued Electron Machindrum but loading samples is a fucking nightmare. Waiting to see if Akai corrected their manufacturing issues. In theory that item seems very easy to use and a perfect device for folks who actually know what a song is.

How could retarded street punks "sample" anything without Whitey's inventions. This is what's up. There are several units available now that can capture samples (prerecorded audio) very easily. But not many that have song structure capability. I have a discontinued Electron Machindrum but loading samples is a fucking nightmare. Waiting to see if Akai corrected their manufacturing issues. In theory that item seems very easy to use and a perfect device for folks who actually know what a song is.

Why the fuck are you using an Elektron anyway? You making EDM now? You should be composing your beats in the piano roll editor in your DAW and use actual, acoustic drum samples. Yeah it's more time consuming, but you'll get better results if you're making guitar based-stuff. Better control over velocity, etc. Ya smell meh?

In all seriousness (at some point) we need to get out of our pro wrestling type characters and discuss the pros and cons of what is music today. IMO there is always an opening for authentic music in this world of fake shit.

Also I wished I had never sold my old Roland R-70 back about 10 years ago. That thing was awesome for rock and blues songs.

Last edited:
In all seriousness (at some point) we need to get out of our pro wrestling type characters and discuss the pros and cons of what is music today. IMO there is always an opening for authentic music in this world of fake shit.

lol, anytime dude.

Also I wished I had never sold my old Roland R-70 back about 10 years ago. That thing was awesome for rock and blues songs.

Ebay.

Forum List

Back