Wagyu top cap steak vs. Prime cap steak

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
As some of you know I picked up a $200 dollar Wagyu top cap.
Today we went and got a membership to Costco because they have some fantastic meat and picked up some Prime top cap steaks for $57 bucks....the test is on!!!

The top steak is the Prime cap rolled into a copy of the fillet.
The lower is the Wagyu that obviously shows much better marbling.

2018051914450227-IMG_3060.jpg

I just BBQ a $10 steak a few minutes ago..it was very tender and good...I thought $10 was over priced
$200??!!
I'm happy with just about any food I get....I'm not picky

did you cook them yet?

The Prime cap is out and resting before the sear.About ten to fifteen minutes.
The Wagyu has about another ten degrees before I pull it and rest it.
I kinda messed up my time. I put the Prime cap in early because it was bigger but I missed my estimate by about ten minutes when it comes to the Wagyu.

did you cook them yet?

I kinda messed up my time. I put the Prime cap in early because it was bigger but I missed my estimate by about ten minutes when it comes to the Wagyu.
they both look yummy.. let us know which one wins in taste!

did you cook them yet?

ten minutes?! Which way?

I just BBQ a $10 steak a few minutes ago..it was very tender and good...I thought $10 was over priced
$200??!!

The wife and I are foodies.
We love to cook high end meats and difficult recipes in general and test the different methods.
I've got 2 kids and no $$$$
...ever since I've read about WW2 and the starvation all over the world, since I was around 14 or 15, I've greatly appreciated any food I get
...I really enjoy simple food--like hot dogs, soup, sandwiches,etc

I had a job at a Wagyu farm, quite the setup , cattle had vets, dietitians, even a lab where every part of the animal was inspected, tested, etc etc

One couldn't be without some level of jealously , as these creatures had a cushy life, and i suspect better HC, well.....up 'til they reached 'marbelized' maturity...
:boohoo:
~S~

$200??!!

The wife and I are foodies.
We love to cook high end meats and difficult recipes in general and test the different methods.
...our family never had $$$$ for ''fancy'' foods...we were lucky to go to McDonalds 2 times a year.....
...I never BBQd much .....my favorite food is Chef Boy ar Dee pizza...the kind you make from the box

Forum List

Back