voting machines from a leading vendor used in at least 16 states have software vulnerabilities that leave them susceptible to hacking

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
University of Michigan computer scientist J. Alex Halderman, who wrote the report on which the advisory is based, has long argued that using digital technology to record votes is dangerous because computers are inherently vulnerable to hacking and thus require multiple safeguards that aren’t uniformly followed.
He and many other election security experts have insisted that using hand-marked paper ballots is the most secure method of voting and the only option that allows for meaningful post-election audits.
I've put this up several times and haven't had ANY one dispute the confusion that these JUNK MAIL voting documents illustrate.
These 3 examples are why JUNK MAIL voting has problems.
The signatures on the mail in ballot is very different than the signature on the voter file.
Thus we have at least "2,000 Mules" delivering mail in ballots counted by the same above computer systems!
2000mules.png

Ballot_Vote_sign.png

The US government just declared these machines to be vulnerable to hacking and therefore a threat to US elections.

Nothing more is needed to ban them from use.

University of Michigan computer scientist J. Alex Halderman, who wrote the report on which the advisory is based, has long argued that using digital technology to record votes is dangerous because computers are inherently vulnerable to hacking and thus require multiple safeguards that aren’t uniformly followed.
He and many other election security experts have insisted that using hand-marked paper ballots is the most secure method of voting and the only option that allows for meaningful post-election audits.
I've put this up several times and haven't had ANY one dispute the confusion that these JUNK MAIL voting documents illustrate.
The signatures on the mail in ballot is very different than the signature on the voter file.
Thus we have at least "2,000 Mules" delivering mail in ballots counted by the same above computer systems!
View attachment 652749
View attachment 652748
So that is how Trump cheated, nice to know.

The record in our case showed that in these election cycles, thousands of votes can be rejected because of perceived disconnects between signatures," said Richard Mancino, who was one of a team of lawyers representing Richardson in suing the Texas secretary of state for depriving him of his 2018 vote.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats are in court arguing that signature matching alone "is an inherently flawed means of determining whether a mail-in ballot is fraudulent or improperly cast." In a case still being litigated, they said no two signatures are ever alike -- a different pen or a different writing surface could change the end result.
The legal complaint cites a study in Florida that found ballots were more than twice as likely to be rejected on signature discrepancies if the voter was black or Latino. They argue the practice should not alone be enough to disqualify a ballot.

It's amazing how hackers can get into the voting machines that have never been hooked up to the internet.

I wish I knew how they can do that.

It's amazing how hackers can get into the voting machines that have never been hooked up to the internet.

I wish I knew how they can do that.
You are evidently too young to have ever used "modems" to connect to the Internet.

I use to do technical support in the 1990s for a national internet service and at that time almost all connectivity to the Internet was with "Modems"... nearly 300 different manufacturers of modems... Connecting at up to 56kbps.
Many of my technical support calls were "modem" problems.

Though we have frequently been told that voting machines are not connected to the Internet[1] this is not always the case. Many states’ voting machines include wireless modems which transmit their unofficial results over the Internet. Some states allow their vote tabulation computers to be connected to the Internet.

BUT also... Wireless modems and Internet connectivity are not at all necessary to conduct elections.

You are evidently too young to have ever used "modems" to connect to the Internet.

I use to do technical support in the 1990s for a national internet service and at that time almost all connectivity to the Internet was with "Modems"... nearly 300 different manufacturers of modems... Connecting at up to 56kbps.
Many of my technical support calls were "modem" problems.

Though we have frequently been told that voting machines are not connected to the Internet[1] this is not always the case. Many states’ voting machines include wireless modems which transmit their unofficial results over the Internet. Some states allow their vote tabulation computers to be connected to the Internet.

BUT also... Wireless modems and Internet connectivity are not at all necessary to conduct elections.

The machines aren't connected at all. You're dumpster diving into conspiracy theory for our amusement.

The machines aren't connected at all. You're dumpster diving into conspiracy theory for our amusement.
Idiots like you don't EVER EVER put up links to prove your dumb ass comments!
Where is your proof as I did?

Online and vulnerable': Experts find nearly three dozen U.S. voting systems connected to internet​

A team of election security experts used a “Google for servers” to challenge claims that voting machines do not connect to the internet and found some did.
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 6.03.00 PM.png

View attachment 652749
View attachment 652748
A "vulnerability" is a long way from "hacked"...

As any programmer worth his salt will tell you...

As a concept-piece, darned-near any digital technology you'd care to name CAN be hacked...

But a lot depends upon external connections and firewalls and audit-trail capabilities and the like...

If there's a "hole" in some of these systems then (a) fix the holes then (b) redeploy...

A good-sized chunk of the MAGA crowd wants us to go back to paper ballots cast in-person only...

The Republic - and the world at-large - has moved past that - and them, in this context...

If anyone has evidence that such machines WERE hacked, then this is the time to bring such evidence into the public domain...

If anyone has evidence that any such hacking actually and substantively and negatively impacted the 2020 Presidential election, then now's the time...

If not, don't worry about it, once the "holes" in those various systems are plugged...

Forum List

Back