Voter Suppression

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah, talk about 'voter suppression'

Road side bombs, car bombs, drive-byes with machineguns, .

THAT is voter suppression.

Asking people to show a picture ID?

Not so much.

BTW, in a muslim Country, women who vote are LITERALLY risking their lives. Wouldn't be the least bit surprising for her to be murdered by one of her male relatives.

The left's stance on that? the silence is deafening

Here, people squeal like stuck pigs if they have to go five minutes out of their way to vote.

Photo IDs Fail To Suppress Afghan Vote — Never Mind The Suicide Bombs

181041683.jpg

Even the poor people in Afghanistan can get photo ID’s

Via Allen B. West

Talk about voter suppression! Voters in Afghanistan have had to dodge drive-by shootings and suicide bombings, but there’s not a word about the “indignity” of carrying a photo I.D. to the polling place.

As the Associated Press reports, The run-up to the election was troubling: the Islamic radicals of the Taliban, reviled by many but still popular in some areas, view the entire enterprise as the work of outsiders and infidels, and they vowed to disrupt it by targeting polling centers and election workers.

To drive home the threat, insurgents in recent weeks stepped up shootings and bombings in the heart of Kabul to show they are capable of striking even in highly secured areas. A restaurant popular with foreigners and one of the capital’s main hotels were hit, killing many. Suicide bombers struck relentlessly.

On Friday, veteran Associated Press photographer Anja Niedringhaus was killed and AP reporter Kathy Gannon was wounded when a local policeman opened fire as they sat in their car on the outskirts of Khost, in eastern Afghanistan. The two were at a security forces base, waiting to move in a convoy of election workers delivering ballots — apparent victims of an “insider attack” in which the very people tasked with protection turn out to be insurgents.

Talk about voter suppression! Voters in Afghanistan have had to dodge drive-by shootings and suicide bombings, but there’s not a word about the “indignity” of carrying a photo I.D. to the polling place.

As the Associated Press reports, The run-up to the election was troubling: the Islamic radicals of the Taliban, reviled by many but still popular in some areas, view the entire enterprise as the work of outsiders and infidels, and they vowed to disrupt it by targeting polling centers and election workers.

To drive home the threat, insurgents in recent weeks stepped up shootings and bombings in the heart of Kabul to show they are capable of striking even in highly secured areas. A restaurant popular with foreigners and one of the capital’s main hotels were hit, killing many. Suicide bombers struck relentlessly.

On Friday, veteran Associated Press photographer Anja Niedringhaus was killed and AP reporter Kathy Gannon was wounded when a local policeman opened fire as they sat in their car on the outskirts of Khost, in eastern Afghanistan. The two were at a security forces base, waiting to move in a convoy of election workers delivering ballots — apparent victims of an “insider attack” in which the very people tasked with protection turn out to be insurgents.

Somehow we've decided, in this culture, that voting is a most sacred right and that it's everybody's civic duty to exercise that right.

Voter ID is just another symptom of that bullshit philosophy. It's more important that people too incompetent to acquire a picture ID get to have their say than it is to set up a system that has at least -1- line of defense against people and groups potentially trying to subvert our electoral process.

My favorite argument is that there's very few convictions of voter fraud, so ID laws aren't necessary.

If we aren't even checking who people are, how the fuck would we catch fraudulent voters? NO SHIT there's few convictions! That means nothing. Having at least 1 measure in place to keep people from voting multiple times and to keep people who aren't citizens from voting seems like common sense, to me.

They wouldn't have any problem showing an ID for free shit I'm betting!

That's the other thing I love.

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights do you see the right to vote for -shit-, yet any infringement on this most basic of American rights (LMFAO) is unconscionable and, contrary to any study I've seen, also racist (LMFAO!).

Yet, for a right actually appearing in the Amendments (number 2), citizens undergoing full background checks before being allowed to exercise that right is just common sense!

Then again, the Bill of Rights is probably outdated, as is the concept that the US is a nation of laws. We should just adhere to whatever our exalted leaders tell us is the most popular opinion while avoiding any opinion that they inform us is a racist one. After all, the primary objective is that we don't offend anyone in a protected minority.

Last edited:
You dont get to say what counts for voter supression just because other places have it worse doesnt mean ours is insignificant to us.

For example you dont like abortion. Should you shut your trap when you find out that Israel has on demand govt paid abortion? Therefore you cant complain about it?

Let me guess, thats different right?

One of our members who will go unmentioned, (RW). Indicated that he was worried about the homeless and voter id and how that would disenfranchise them as if they were not already.

I can imagine the voter sign up drive run by the democrats as they worry about the homeless.

"Hi, my name is Joe Blow, and I am here to help you."

Homeless man "there is a donation bucket right there if you really want to help."

"Oh I would love to help you in that way but I just happen to be out of cash, the next Republican we see walk by we will try and shame them into giving, in that way I helped."

HM, "Oh I see you think I live on BS, OK, what is it you want to help me with?"

"Your vote is very important and I would like you to sign up if you are not already."

HM, "Sign up for what?"

"Too vote."

HM, "For whom?"

"Oh, anyone you think is deserving of your vote." Here, just make a mark next to the R or the D."

HM, "What does the R and D stand for?"

"Well the R stands for rich and that is the party keeping you homeless."

"The D stands for down trodden and that is the party that FREED THE SLAVES!!! (under a different name)."

"So just pick ether the R, if you are rich or the D if you are one of the downtrodden that the D party will help if they can only get power away from the R side. The choice is totally up to you I stay out of what other people think."

"Good you selected the D, now if we, oops I meant the Ds, can ever win an election we can take over power from the Rs."

"I'll be back with an absentee ballot which I will objectively help you fill out, and maybe you can help a couple of your friends vote in case they forgot."

Good job Freewill on crafting a clever story since this is the short story section of US messageboard

You dont get to say what counts for voter supression just because other places have it worse doesnt mean ours is insignificant to us.

For example you dont like abortion. Should you shut your trap when you find out that Israel has on demand govt paid abortion? Therefore you cant complain about it?

do you read your posts? Comparing abortion to voter suppression is like comparing gays to murderers, yet you don't like those analogies

Oh the angst the angst among the Republican about vote fraud.

Of course, if the Republican party in any way shape or form represented the working man, the margins of Republican victory would be so great that vote fraud would be a non issue.....at least with Republicans.

Nah, you all got the Congressional districts rigged, so the problem is the Presidential election.

Like I said, if you had any worthwhile ideas and a worthwhile candidate, it wouldn't be so scary for you. Those big bad fraudulent voters. How many have you found now? 10,000 fraudulent votes? And what was the margin of victory of Obama over what'shisname?
A lot more than 10,000.

You all need better candidates and ideas.

do you read your posts? Comparing abortion to voter suppression is like comparing gays to murderers, yet you don't like those analogies

I'm not comparing dumbass. I said just because something is happening more somewhere else doesnt mean ours isnt real. So...and I will go slow for you....Saying other places have worse voter suppression doesnt change our own voter suppression.

Got it? Probably not

Good news for Texas voters.

Texas' controversial voter identification law will remain in effect -- possibly through November's elections -- after the Supreme Court denies an emergency request from a coalition of Latino advocacy groups and Democratic lawmakers. Complete coverage on FoxNews.com.

For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

Forum List

Back