Volt sales tripple in 2012

The government bought most of those Volts. GM bought an entire fleet of Volts.

The government bought most of those Volts. GM bought an entire fleet of Volts.

"More than half of all Volt sales are in California," said Alec Guitierrez, an analyst with Kelley Blue Book. The car has also been catching on in other markets, however, including Michigan and in the Chicago area, according to GM.

Besides the carpool lane stickers, the Volt has also been helped by aggressive leasing incentives offered in 2012. Last year, GM was offering the car for $289 a month with a $2,800 down payment. That was far less than a car with the Volt's nearly $40,000 purchase price would ordinarily lease for, even factoring in a $7,500 plug-in car tax credit

So...

I have yet to see a Volt on the road. Just one. I'm on the freeways all the time. I've seen two Nissan Leafs and a POTLOAD of Prius'. But not one single Volt. There are more Prius' than any other car. Sometimes the 405 looks like a Prius car lot.

Why yes moron the taxpayer is still on the hook for 7,500 dollars. Stick that uo your butt and smoke it.

I have yet to see a Volt on the road. Just one. I'm on the freeways all the time. I've seen two Nissan Leafs and a POTLOAD of Prius'. But not one single Volt. There are more Prius' than any other car. Sometimes the 405 looks like a Prius car lot.

I've seen several in the Bay Area.

General Motors Co. saw sales of its plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt triple in 2012, CNN reports.
The boost in sales came largely from California, where half of all Volt sales took place. The cars became eligible for the state’s much-sought-after carpool-lane stickers, according to CNN.
Volt sales last year totaled 23,461, compared with 7,671 in 2011.
The Volt is still, relatively speaking, a very poor seller for GM (NYSE: GM). However, it did beat out the Corvette, which sold only 14,000 units.
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/blog/2013/01/gms-volt-sales-rise-but-still-a-poor.html

General Motors Co. saw sales of its plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt triple in 2012, CNN reports.
The boost in sales came largely from California, where half of all Volt sales took place. The cars became eligible for the state’s much-sought-after carpool-lane stickers, according to CNN.
The Volt is still, relatively speaking, a very poor seller for GM (NYSE: GM). However, it did beat out the Corvette, which sold only 14,000 units.
GM?s Volt sales rise, but still a poor seller - Business Courier

Buyin' car sales like we buy votes!!!

I know that's what CNN SAYS. That doesn't mean it's true. It just means that CNN said it was true. Add it up. Volt sales were 23,461. Half that is alleged by CNN to be in California to take advantage of the carpool sticker lane on the freeways. That means roughly 11,500 Volts were sold in California. But, the state has only issued 5,600 green car stickers. Those are for ALL green vehicles, not just Volts. So it is OBVIOUS that CNN was lying.

Eligible Vehicles - Single Occupant Carpool Lane Use Stickers

That's a shame. I'd like to see cars in the USA selling again. And more people working. Instead, fewer people are working because that $125 an hour for union work makes their sticker price take up to a dozen years to pay off with interest on time payments. The only way to turn that around would be to impose stops in the import business, which would land us in international trouble. For some reason, we are expected to buy, but not sell internationally, when you consider China as a competitor. Thanks for the facts, Meister. I wish we could all afford a safe car that doesn't use much power to operate.

I know that's what CNN SAYS. That doesn't mean it's true. It just means that CNN said it was true.
So it is OBVIOUS that CNN was lying.

And csmonitor is lying too: Chevy Volt sales triple in year of paradoxes for electric cars - CSMonitor.com

"GM sold a record 23,461 Chevy Volts in 2012, triple the amount it did last year in the electric car's shaky debut. But the impressive figure is still well below GM's 2012 target of 35,000 to 40,000 – itself a reduction of the 60,000 GM CEO Dan Akerson initially projected."

Motortrend is also lying: GM 2012 Sales: Chevrolet Silverado, Volt End Strong - GM Sells One Million 30-MPG Cars - WOT on Motor Trend

"The Chevrolet Volt, too, saw sales leap 206 percent from just 7671 units in its difficult first year on the market to a respectable 23,461 cars in 2012"

Wired jumped ahead and lie back in June when they projected 20k Chevrolet Volt Outselling Corvette in 2012 | Autopia | Wired.com

"if Volt sales continue as expected, Chevrolet expects around 20,000 Volts sold by the end of this year."

CBS got in on it, preemptively lying at the start of October Chevy Volt sales race ahead of Nissan Leaf - CBS News

"But Chevrolet sold 2,851 Volts in September for 16,348 so far this year"

Thanks for uncovering CNN lying with your investigation, and for unraveling the massive conspiracy among all these different media sources to plant the seeds of this lie throughout the year. Nice work, I smell Pulitzer!!

A pittance.

It's also important to note that GM goosed sales figures for all of their lines by channel stuffing deal inventory.

Gm%20Dealer%20Inventory.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-03/gm-channel-stuffing-wtf

Last edited:

Forum List

Back