Volt sales tripple in 2012

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFpi9i7hfY]The Pious[/ame]

I've seen several in the Bay Area.

General Motors Co. saw sales of its plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt triple in 2012, CNN reports.
The boost in sales came largely from California, where half of all Volt sales took place. The cars became eligible for the state’s much-sought-after carpool-lane stickers, according to CNN.
Volt sales last year totaled 23,461, compared with 7,671 in 2011.
The Volt is still, relatively speaking, a very poor seller for GM (NYSE: GM). However, it did beat out the Corvette, which sold only 14,000 units.
GM?s Volt sales rise, but still a poor seller - Business Courier

A pittance.

It's also important to note that GM goosed sales figures for all of their lines by channel stuffing deal inventory.

This could be so, but channal stuffing has its limitations: Eventually somebody has to actually buy a car.

I've seen several in the Bay Area.

General Motors Co. saw sales of its plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt triple in 2012, CNN reports.
The boost in sales came largely from California, where half of all Volt sales took place. The cars became eligible for the state’s much-sought-after carpool-lane stickers, according to CNN.
Volt sales last year totaled 23,461, compared with 7,671 in 2011.
The Volt is still, relatively speaking, a very poor seller for GM (NYSE: GM). However, it did beat out the Corvette, which sold only 14,000 units.
GM?s Volt sales rise, but still a poor seller - Business Courier

A pittance.

It's also important to note that GM goosed sales figures for all of their lines by channel stuffing deal inventory.

Gm%20Dealer%20Inventory.jpg

GM Channel Stuffing WTF!? | Zero Hedge
GM sure paints a rosy picture in their Dec. 3, 2012 "GM November 2012 Sales.pdf" saying that they and their partners produce cars in 30 different countries. :eusa_shifty:

I don't think our Government and Crony Elites worry about what Eventually has to happen anymore.

And just how many of these lemons were bought by or leased to government agencies?

Brag all you want but they are NOT all that popular with "real" people.

Most popular car in the world for 2012 - THE FORD FOCUS!!!

Not part of Government Motors. :clap2:

And just how many of these lemons were bought by or leased to government agencies?

You tell me. You've obviously reached a conclusion so I assume you can tell us how many were bought or leased by government agencies.

I don't think anyone could argue that Volt sales have been what GM hoped (nor has Leaf for Nissan) but the kneejerk politically motivated negativity is bizarre.

Good, the more people driving Volts and Priuses means more gas for my Camaro SS.

The government bought tens of thousands of Volts. GE purchased an entire fleet of Volts. One of the reasons why embassy security has been reduced around the world is because the embassies were given Volts rendering security too expensive now that the money was spent on Volts. The Pentagon bought 1,500.

All the articles giving the total sales for Volts doesn't tell you who is buying them or where they are going. It's like a salesman becoming top seller by buying up the merchandise himself. Despite the government inflating Volt sales, production had to be suspended twice because of poor sales.

The pity of it is, that the hoi polloi actually swallows the pablum shoved into the mouths.

The government bought tens of thousands of Volts. GE purchased an entire fleet of Volts.
Link?

I'm not saying you are wrong (I have no idea who bought Volts) but to see someone railing against how gullible everyone is for believing whatever they read then making claims that the government has bought tens of thousands without any proof is somewhat suspect.

This is even more silly given you had just claimed the 23k number was a CNN lie, but are now saying "tens of thousands" were purchased by the government which effectively contradicts you CNN lie claim.

So... where do you get the government buying tens of thousands thing?

The government bought tens of thousands of Volts. GE purchased an entire fleet of Volts.
Link?

I'm not saying you are wrong (I have no idea who bought Volts) but to see someone railing against how gullible everyone is for believing whatever they read then making claims that the government has bought tens of thousands without any proof is somewhat suspect.

This is even more silly given you had just claimed the 23k number was a CNN lie, but are now saying "tens of thousands" were purchased by the government which effectively contradicts you CNN lie claim.

So... where do you get the government buying tens of thousands thing?

Do you know how to use a search engine?

GE said on Thursday that it will buy 25,000 electric vehicles for its fleet through 2015 in the "largest-ever" purchase of electric cars.

GE (GE, Fortune 500) will begin with a purchase of 12,000 Chevy Volts from General Motors Co. The purchases will begin in 2011, said GE.

GE to purchase 25,000 electric vehicles through 2015 - Nov. 11, 2010

The DOD plans to purchase 1,500 models of the Volt, which has been burdened with lethargic sales and mounting losses since the automaker launched it in 2010. The Marine Corps Air Station in Miramar, California bought two of the “green” vehicles in July, and another 18 more will soon be shipped to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, where Air Force One is lodged.

The Obama administration has been a prominent advocate for the Chevy Volt, as the president himself pledged this year to “buy one and drive it myself … five years from now when I’m not president anymore.” Moreover, the government has offered a $7,500 tax break to bolster GM’s sales on the electric vehicle. However, the federal government’s spendthrift strategies have produced meager results.

Pentagon to Buy 1,500 Chevy Volts

You tell me. You've obviously reached a conclusion so I assume you can tell us how many were bought or leased by government agencies.

I don't think anyone could argue that Volt sales have been what GM hoped (nor has Leaf for Nissan) but the kneejerk politically motivated negativity is bizarre.

Taxpayers to get charged as Pentagon buys up Chevy Volts | Fox News

Chevrolet Volt Sales Redefine 'Failure' - Forbes

Need more?:mad:

And?

What's your point?

And?

What's your point?

The point is clearly that the government is willing to spend funds extracted forceably from taxpayers on products that those same consumers reject.

:eusa_eh:

I agree this doen't not seem unusual.

Do you know how to use a search engine?
Ironic considering you obviously do not.

I asked that poster for proof that the government has purchased "tens of thousands" of Chevy Volts since he was implying that is the reason 23k Volts were sold, and you roll in with a links showing:

1. As of September 2012 the DoD was "planning" on buying 1,500 Volts.
2. General Electric (not the government) was planning 12,000 Volts thru 2015.

Neither of these provide evidence to the claim the government has purchased tens of thousands of Chevy Volts.

Care to try again?

Hint: anyone can use a search engine, but people with an IQ over 80 have a chance at understanding the relevance of its results.

Last edited:
Considering that only 23K of Chevy Volts were reported as sold last year (and many of those are actually sitting in Dealer Inventory), the government and GE have together bought an extraordinary ratio of Volts.

That's the point, you Dim Bulb.

Considering that only 23K of Chevy Volts were reported as sold last year (and many of those are actually sitting in Dealer Inventory), the government and GE have together bought an extraordinary ratio of Volts.

That's the point, you Dim Bulb.

What's a "ratio?"

:razz:

Is it a part in the search engine, next to the carburator?

Forum List

Back