Virginia Governor offers reasonable gun control legislation

Why fight it, when according to OK there us already federal law duplicating it? Now, you two talk among yourselves so that neither of you look stupid,. Cause right now You Look Pretty Lame......:disbelief:

Editorial: A gun-control proposal worth considering

It is a start ans should be considered. The NRA money will begin rolling out on this one!
... and we'll fight it every step of the way. And you baby killers can dismiss and reasonable debate

Already been done. It has been upheld.

Court history[edit]
This law has been tested in federal court with the case United States v. Emerson (No. 99-10331) (5th Cir. 2001).[3] See also U.S. v. Emerson, 231 Fed. Appx. 349 (5th Cir. 2007) (Same defendant seeking review of judgment). The case involved a challenge to the Constitutionality of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8)(C)(ii), a federal statute that prohibited the transportation of firearms or ammunition in interstate commerce by persons subject to a court order that, by its explicit terms, prohibits the use of physical force against an intimate partner or child. Emerson does not address the portion of the Lautenberg Amendment involving conviction for misdemeanor domestic violence. It was initially overturned in 1999 for being unconstitutional, but that case was reversed upon appeal in 2001.[citation needed]

The case Gillespie v. City of Indianapolis, Indiana, 185 F.3d 693 (7th Cir. 1999) also challenged this law, and the case was rejected.[citation needed] The ex post facto aspects of the law were challenged with:

• United States v. Brady, 26 F.3d 282 (2nd Cir.), cert. denied, 115 S.Ct. 246 (1994) (denying ex post facto challenge to a 922(g)(1) conviction) and
  • United States v. Waters, 23 F.3d 29 (2nd Cir. 1994) (ex post facto based challenge to a 922(g)(4) conviction).
Both of the challenges were denied.

Likewise this law was invoked in United States v. Jardee [4] where it was ruled that the threat of being subjected to the gun ban did not turn an otherwise "petty" crime into a "serious" one requiring a jury trial.

Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are the Dems still going to tell us that these control laws are reasonable because they're just like Hitlers?

Let's just keep guns out the hand of Progressives. They've murdered over 100,000,000 of their fellow countreymen

Why fight it, when according to OK there us already federal law duplicating it? Now, you two talk among yourselves so that neither of you look stupid,. Cause right now You Look Pretty Lame......:disbelief:

Poooooooor widdle baby, I shot your ignorant thread in the ass and all you got is trying to be a smart ass, damn shame, you failed at the smart part and just turned into an ass.

Poooooooor widdle baby, I shot your ignorant thread in the ass and all you got is trying to be a smart ass, damn shame, you failed at the smart part and just turned into an ass.

If you don't live in Virginia, what should you care? Obviously the proposal by the Governor goes farther than the federal statues, or he and his legal staff would not have proposed it. So, just go away and let Virginia handle its own business.

If you don't live in Virginia, what should you care? Obviously the proposal by the Governor goes farther than the federal statues, or he and his legal staff would not have proposed it. So, just go away and let Virginia handle its own business.

And you live, where? Maybe you can point out where his proposal exceeds the federal requirements, you have failed to do that so far. Come on hero, let's see the evidence.

12108123_10205934965906548_8780331217969130541_n.jpg

The proposal is unconstuitutional. We do not strip people of rights based on allegations that are unproven.
I realize lib-retards do not care about rule of law or constitutional rights but fuck them.

Sorry but there is nothing wise or fair about denying a person's Constitutional rights on the basis of a rumor.

And you live, where? Maybe you can point out where his proposal exceeds the federal requirements, you have failed to do that so far. Come on hero, let's see the evidence.

The answer I received from an attorney is while it is federal law, there also needs tobe a sta

An attorney's answer. "While this is federal law, there also needs to be a state law because federal authorities do not get involved in very many cases."

The answer I received from an attorney is while it is federal law, there also needs tobe a sta

An attorney's answer. "While this is federal law, there also needs to be a state law because federal authorities do not get involved in very many cases."

Tell me, what in the federal law prevents the State form reporting such cases to the federal data base and enforcing federal law?

Tell me, what in the federal law prevents the State form reporting such cases to the federal data base and enforcing federal law?
We are talking about Virginia here, remember they are the ones that refused to tell the Federal Government about people mentally determined to be impaired and allowed the VA tech shooter to buy firearms.

We are talking about Virginia here, remember they are the ones that refused to tell the Federal Government about people mentally determined to be impaired and allowed the VA tech shooter to buy firearms.

Are you saying this new proposal is just a smokescreen to mask past State failures to update the federal background check data base?

What was the shooter convicted of? How would the proposed laws have stopped anything? And why do liberals believe mass murderers will obey the law?

Forum List

Back