Vin Scully's final season

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
He's been calling Dodger games since 1950. 67th season. Congratulations !

Can you imagine that ?

Vin Scully has already left a legacy as he begins farewell season with Dodgers

LOS ANGELES – There is a corner of the world without hate or envy or gluttony and with a reasonable amount of compassion and levity, which isn't to say it is perfect there. Surely it is not.

Except, and here's the thing, one day they took a thoroughfare named after the heavens and improved on it by naming it for this corner of the world. If it's still not perfect we're getting a little closer.

Vin Scully has already left a legacy as he begins farewell season with Dodgers

Would pickup dodge baseball in SLC whenever they would play the Reds. I would try and listen when Kaufax, or Drysdale was pitching.
Scratchy at times but would still listen to ole Vince's voice

Vin the man... I will never forget the time he got in a traffic accident on the 5 in LA while on his way to the game vs the Angles. He showed up on set straight from the emergency room. He had bandages and bruises on his face, but he made the call. I may be leaving Cali this July, but I will always bleed 'Dodger Blue'

-Geaux

Best baseball announcer I ever heard. Has a voice like velvet....smooth and each word carefully chosen

Class act...I wish him a long life

I love listening to him. I buy the baseball package on my cable system every year and listen to him frequently. There's nothing like watching a Dodger game at midnight eastern. They are a class organization and play good ball.

I grew up outside of Cleveland and was a fan of the Tribe. But I would often tune into Tigers games because I enjoyed listening to Ernie Harwell. When I moved to Phoenix before we had the D-backs the Dodgers games were broadcasts here. It was nice getting to listen to Vince Scully on a regular basis. Two of the best.

Forum List

Back