Video: MSNBC panel agrees media will be in the bag for Obama at the debates

Discussion in 'Media' started by Stephanie, May 15, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    well well..
    some links in article at site

SNIP:
    posted at 10:01 am on May 15, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
    Consider this balance for MSNBC. After the Morning Joe panel openly scoffed at the Barack Obama campaign’s attack ad on Bain Capital yesterday, Hardball came to Obama’s rescue in the evening. Chris Matthews chatted with David Corn and Time’s Mark Halperin about how difficult it will be for Mitt Romney to defend his years at Bain … all the while with a strange little graphic in the lower left corner that shows Romney with the phrase, “You’re so Bain.” Mark Halperin then issued this moment of honesty about what we can expect from the media during the final weeks of the general election:

Er, okay. According to Halperin, the press will be just fine if Obama “bumper-sticker it,” but Romney will have to present an overwhelmingly compelling argument in order to get the media to acknowledge it. As it happens, I agree with Halperin on this point, because Obama’s been “bumper-stickering it” for the last five years, and the media still hasn’t called him on it. But shouldn’t that be, y’know, a little embarrassing for Halperin to admit? Essentially, Halperin predicts that the media will fawn all over Obama at the debates regardless of whether he says anything intelligent or not, perhaps particularly if he doesn’t say anything intelligent … and that seems to be OK with Halperin. It’s certainly OK with Matthews, even when Halperin gets in an unexpectedly effective shot at Matthews’ hypocritical class-warfare-mongering:

the rest with comments at..
    Video: MSNBC panel agrees media will be in the bag for Obama at the debates « Hot Air

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Buford

Buford BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Did anyone catch Chris Matthews on Jeopardy? He's kinda stupid, really.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    Ever taken a Jeopardy! online qualifier quiz? It aint easy. Out of 50 questions I got maybe 10 right. And EVERYBODY says I'm good at Jeopardy! :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. American_Jihad

American_Jihad Flaming Libs/Koranimals

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    I watch msnbc from 1 to 4 am just to keep tabs on TEAM Obongo. I can't watch Madcow anymore because she takes to long to get to the point. Lawrence talks to slow but------he----is--- funny------sometimes-------with-----that-----slow----talk. It's like they are teaching kindergarten, are liberals that slow. Chris Matthews, well he's in love with obongo with 100% left-wing slant. Mr Ed the talking potamus, he's pro union and 110% progressive liberal with violent/hateful slant. All clowns, they should move to the comedy channel...

[​IMG]

5. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,627
    Since the advent of fair and balanced Fox the left wing media sees no reason to pretend to be unbiased anymore. It's out in the open now and it's no secret that they are all cheerleaders for Obama. It's a free Country and the 1st Amendment says they can be as biased as they want to be but people should be aware of it when they watch the shows.

6. American_Jihad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    vote!

7. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    :eek:

Steph's usual :cuckoo:

8. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,540
    Yea. Sometimes the libs are so transparent that they don't even realize they are cheerleaders only. -- 'oh Obama doesn't have to prove that Romney did anything wrong. Just come up with a bumper sticker slogan.' I've said this time and time again. I'd be embarrassed by my fellow libs if I was a liberal.

9. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,570
    The best part of the dopey performance by Matthews can only be truly appreciated if one is aware of his negative jabs at Palin in the past in which he practically salivates at the prospect of watching the dimwitted Republican make a fool of herself on Jeopardy some time. Way to go, Chris. You're once again the laughing stock of your profession. That ought to be good for another thrill up your leg, huh?

10. American_Jihad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    [​IMG]