Victim Disarmament

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yes, much improved over 'gun control', if the left should pick up that term again. Yes, links:

http://agoraphilia.blogspot.com/2006/08/victim-disarmament-instead-of-gun.html

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The whole gun-control movement has gotten waaaay off base. Instead of writing laws, or enforcing those on the books, that punish the irresponsible use of firearms, they have chosen to pursue a different route. 'Victim disarmament' is as appropriate a label for that route as I've heard.

The majority of persons owning firearms are responsible in their use and care. It is the minority of gun owners who fail to take that responsibility seriously that have led to this tempest in a teapot. Take them to task rather than punishing responsible gun owners.

I don't own any guns now as my wife can't stand them, having lost a family member to gun violence some years ago. But I'm never unarmed. I always carry at least two knives, and/or a small impact weapon, and a tactical fixed blade at the bedside...and am proficient in their use.